Got some headers

Coherent

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Finally got all the pieces of my exhaust setup.
Kooks headers
Highflow cats
2.5 inch mandrel bent catback with H-pipe
More pics to come when it's all installed.
FSale062.jpg

FSale061.jpg

FSale060.jpg

Is that a Mandrel Systems exhaust pipe kit? And where did you get that H pipe from? Is it all sized to fit with the high flow cats or is there gonna be some custom work needed?

Also that is one thick arse exhaust gasket! Never seen one that thick. What brand is it?

Is that a Mandrel Systems exhaust pipe kit? And where did you get that H pipe from? Is it all sized to fit with the high flow cats or is there gonna be some custom work needed?

Also that is one thick arse exhaust gasket! Never seen one that thick. What brand is it?
Yeah it's from mandrel systems. The H pipe is a random 2,5 inch from ebay and the cats are also 2.5 inch.
Btw that's actually 2 gaskets on top of each other.

I figured it was two but its still 5x thicker then the stock one.

Cool setup though, cant wait to hear the exhaust clips. :D

One day when I have more then a dollar and can find them used, I will have some Kooks.
Refuse to buy from Supercoupe ever again since the last cluster fock of chitty parts from him.

no prices until i take them off i'm building a turbo motor soon and wont be able to use them.

Let me know as soon as you plan to sell. I've decided to take care of the exhaust before doing the supercharger.

Yeah, I'm not that upset about it. They're coated, but the coating has never really been that great on these...

I just got a pair of shorties for a Cobra for a hundred bucks shipped.. Probably should've paid the hefty premium for the Kooks, especially since I just got a bunch of 3" stuff (cutouts, mufflers, some piping,) but oh well.

I figured it was two but its still 5x thicker then the stock one.

Cool setup though, cant wait to hear the exhaust clips. :D

One day when I have more then a dollar and can find them used, I will have some Kooks.
Refuse to buy from Supercoupe ever again since the last cluster fock of chitty parts from him.

Every set of headers for a Mark is going through him anyway so why wait?

Every set of headers for a Mark is going through him anyway so why wait?
Principal. Ill just get a used set. I would have no problem with new if it wasn't for the fact that he is the only one. I spent a couple grand with SCP and had 50% of the front end parts fail in under 4 months. He swore they were the best and that he stood by them. They failed and he said I should buy poly boots from him (for triple their local price) and that I had to pull the control arms, pay for shipping, let him inspect them, and then pay for shipping again for the replacements. Like I cant fuggin tell or show in a picture that the ball joints boots are crap and the ball joints are lose already.

Had he honored his word and warrantied them with no hassle like he said he would then I would have spent a few more grand with him. He sold sub par parts telling me they were the best parts and then gave me chit when they needed to be replaced.

Plus the $100 door seals suck and my 12 year old junk yard replacements seal better and don't stink.

- yea hesnt no bsing about the scp parts read the complete writeup he wrote from front to back and ull see y hes so damn pissed about that ..... hey jamie keeps us all posted about the headers ....lol ...

How much for just the bent pipes?? Never mind I found the site . $150 Very good price. You can get ball and socket joints on pipes for same price.

Principal. Ill just get a used set. I would have no problem with new if it wasn't for the fact that he is the only one. I spent a couple grand with SCP and had 50% of the front end parts fail in under 4 months. He swore they were the best and that he stood by them. They failed and he said I should buy poly boots from him (for triple their local price) and that I had to pull the control arms, pay for shipping, let him inspect them, and then pay for shipping again for the replacements. Like I cant fuggin tell or show in a picture that the ball joints boots are crap and the ball joints are lose already.

Had he honored his word and warrantied them with no hassle like he said he would then I would have spent a few more grand with him. He sold sub par parts telling me they were the best parts and then gave me chit when they needed to be replaced.

Plus the $100 door seals suck and my 12 year old junk yard replacements seal better and don't stink.

This past fall I spent a significant amount of money with him and can not say anything bad regarding what I received...put about 3K mile on car since then with no problems. I have noticed his prices have increased on the headers...I am curious on Florida dudes turbo plans so depending on what he does I may never go the header route...I am surprised no one here has decided to fabricate their own headers...is there no one that owns an exhaust shop on this forum?

Are you going to install it? Let us know how the pipes fit. I had no idea someone one was selling a pipe kit for the Mark's. My exhaust is going to need replacing. I have a welder but no way to bend my own pipes. This makes a MArk8 home installation tatally doabel.

This past fall I spent a significant amount of money with him and can not say anything bad regarding what I received...put about 3K mile on car since then with no problems. I have noticed his prices have increased on the headers...I am curious on Florida dudes turbo plans so depending on what he does I may never go the header route...I am surprised no one here has decided to fabricate their own headers...is there no one that owns an exhaust shop on this forum?

SCP sucks. Most of the chit can be had elsewhere for cheaper and the other half is crap. I have a buddy that runs a shop, but fabbing up headers and running exhaust are two entirely different things. Kinda like taking chit and giving birth. Plus I imagine the cost to do a one-off set would be more or at least just as much as Superdouche Performance.

Was quoted $1100 (installed, for obvious enough reasons) for custom headers comparable to the Kooks from a reputable local shop.

Members online

No members online now.
Back