Got some headers

Coherent....did you install everything?
Everything is installed and the car is running great. I'll have some pics and a sound vid up in a few days.

If you're wondering about that piping kit they're not really a direct fit. The shop had to do a bunch of work and bend some stuff to make them fit.

these were some used one i bought and got them coated

thanks 98lincmk7lsc
35616_471436051862_645786862_6313961_8105381_n.jpg

I would like to see the mods made to the piping kit. I will be buying that this summer.

I am guessing by the extensive work he mentioned you will be better off letting them mandrel bend their own pipe, that is what I had done when I had my exhaust done. You may pay a little bit more but you know you are getting quality pipe...had mine done about five years ago, still holding up strong.

Was quoted $1100 (installed, for obvious enough reasons) for custom headers comparable to the Kooks from a reputable local shop.

Did you take their offer? Actually sounds reasonable considering what they are selling for off the shelf.

I am guessing by the extensive work he mentioned you will be better off letting them mandrel bend their own pipe, that is what I had done when I had my exhaust done. You may pay a little bit more but you know you are getting quality pipe...had mine done about five years ago, still holding up strong.

I'm never into spending all the money on this weekend car. 150 dollars for both mandrel bent pipes is a good deal. Plus I can mod it any way needed. Just wondering how good or bad it fit out of the box.

All the places around here want 50 dollars a stick for just 8 feet of 2.5 dia pipe. So thats 100 for (2) 8 foot str8's. All those bends for 50 is smokin deal.

Is that a Mandrel Systems exhaust pipe kit? And where did you get that H pipe from? Is it all sized to fit with the high flow cats or is there gonna be some custom work needed?

Also that is one thick arse exhaust gasket! Never seen one that thick. What brand is it?

I`ve got some flange gaskets that thick, but I always use copper between the header and the head.

Did you take their offer? Actually sounds reasonable considering what they are selling for off the shelf.

Didn't have the money at the time. And with the project I'm starting now the motor will be out anyway, so there wouldn't be too much point now. I'm either going with the cheap Cobra shorties I have, or I might just cut the flanges off and have a friend make up a set of custom headers for me (depends on how much work he's getting at his shop, if it's slow he'll do it for a reasonable price.)

There was a thread on here a short while back looking for how many people would go in for headers? I don't remember now who started the thread but he said he had a shop that was quoting a better price the more confirmed sets he could get ordered :confused:

Didn't have the money at the time. And with the project I'm starting now the motor will be out anyway, so there wouldn't be too much point now. I'm either going with the cheap Cobra shorties I have, or I might just cut the flanges off and have a friend make up a set of custom headers for me (depends on how much work he's getting at his shop, if it's slow he'll do it for a reasonable price.)

I am guessing you need to to something with the steering joint for these to work?

There was a thread on here a short while back looking for how many people would go in for headers? I don't remember now who started the thread but he said he had a shop that was quoting a better price the more confirmed sets he could get ordered :confused:

Speed Demon...last time he was on was march.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=51883&highlight=headers

I am guessing you need to to something with the steering joint for these to work?

Probably. They're second hand no-name's. They look close enough to the block that they might clear. We'll see when we're in there.

Probably. They're second hand no-name's. They look close enough to the block that they might clear. We'll see when we're in there.

Sounds like a great write up :)
Also an alternative to cobra manifolds or kooks.

How long until you put on a coat of Vaseline and slide them in?

That part of the project is still a couple months off, still have a bunch of parts to find, a longblock to put together, a Procharger to rebuild, a hub swap to do, etc, before the car goes on the lift.

Members online

No members online now.
Back