Got Rubber ?

ONEBADMK8 said:
5 years? LOL they are filing this Month!! Read Autoweek!
woah definitely gonna go out and pickup a copy of Autoweek thanks for the info. Meanwhile ford still stands (sorry couldn't resist)

this is got rubber.......

335s.jpg

SXXRD-JIMSCARDRAG137.jpg

BlackMark8Li said:
yea impala's arn't that fast and neither are older vettes.. I was talking mainly about newer gm's.. late 90s trans ams and vettes and ss camaros that stock run mid 13's and a lil work w/o boost can be in the 12's.. you'll never see a mark be in the 12's w/o boost unless you strip the whole car down to a seat, a engine, and a steering wheel.

dude, there are 11 second mark viii's......street driven.

i was planning on gettin my mark mini tubed, but sold her. which would involve alot more then a regular mini tub. mini tub it self would have cost 500$...

w/ a solid axle

Mvc-263s.jpg

The Z06 used 427 inches and every trick in the book to get the Z06 to where it is, and Ford used a 5.4 with a twin screw to get to where they are. Now who is faster? The Ford GT has already hit 10's and 133 mph traps stock, the Z06 by all estimates is 5-7 mph slower.

5 spd Mach I's are pretty much dead even with stock LS1's. Anyone who thinks Ford can not build a fast N/A engine is smoking crack, the 400 hp crate modular 5.0 and the old 385 horse 5.4 in the "R" proved that they can, they just chose to do give enthusiasts what they wanted. The 500 should match the Z06's 1/4 mile speed with very minimal mods, though it will never handle like the Vette.

67Continental said:
dude, there are 11 second mark viii's......street driven.

yea 11 sec marks on all motor? not supercharged or turbo or lazy ass noz

no, not on all motor, but hardly stripped out interiors like you made them out to be....

here's a vid of me burning out in the lincoln, about 2 mins into the vid. you can also see my inertia switch cutting the fuel off as i do a 180 in the car.

67Continental said:
here's a vid of me burning out in the lincoln, about 2 mins into the vid. you can also see my inertia switch cutting the fuel off as i do a 180 in the car.

the stripped out interioprs were meant to be w/o boost.. which if any of you have read nmy posts should have seen what I was talking about... new factory production gm's cars vs new factory ford cars ... ford can't compete unless they have boost. I'm not talking about crate engines you can order... engines actually put into production cars.. gm has ford beat.for now at least.

It isn't always about power take the new grand prix gxp 303HP/312TQ its more powerfull than the new GT which has 300HP/320TQ (it still takes gm 5.3L to make 3 more HP than ford makes with 4.6L) but what good is 303HP/312TQ with Front Wheel Drive its just asking for trouble. so see Horsepower isn't everything (can anyone say Torque Steer?) I'm sure most would choose the cheaper mustang with 3 less horsepower over the overpriced (like all gm vehicles) grand prix. Wouldn't You?

BlackMark8Li said:
I'm not talking about crate engines you can order... engines actually put into production cars.. gm has ford beat.for now at least.

Now here is where you are wrong.GM doesnt have a pony car anymore.
Probably because people got sick of looking at the POS PEP Boys interior they put into those rattle traps they called F bodies.So sales dropped off RAPIDLY and they took them off of the market.

67Continental said:

No linky!

I wanted to see this one!

re-post it with the link to the vid, you big tease!

BlackMark8Li said:
the stripped out interioprs were meant to be w/o boost.. which if any of you have read nmy posts should have seen what I was talking about... new factory production gm's cars vs new factory ford cars ... ford can't compete unless they have boost. I'm not talking about crate engines you can order... engines actually put into production cars.. gm has ford beat.for now at least.
go argue with mustang guys about chevy vs ford http://www.corral.net/forums/, i hate arguing with people who don't know anything
i have a factory 1300 cc vehicle that will beat any production chevy ever made , in the 1/4 (or any other production car ever made for that matter )

lincolnboy said:
i was planning on gettin my mark mini tubed, but sold her. which would involve alot more then a regular mini tub. mini tub it self would have cost 500$...

w/ a solid axle
WOW Lemme know where on Earth your getting a REAL Mini Tub job for $500.00?

meats_jpg.jpg

K*A*B said:
go argue with mustang guys about chevy vs ford http://www.corral.net/forums/, i hate arguing with people who don't know anything
i have a factory 1300 cc vehicle that will beat any production chevy ever made , in the 1/4 (or any other production car ever made for that matter )

first off where do you get off saying I don't know anything? second I can care less about your race car you have and how fast it is because if you would get the crap out of your ears and listen for the last time I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE MODDING CARS into race cars... I AM TALKING ABOUT FACTORY PRODUCTION CARS that have been produced in the late 90's and even today. what factory production car do you own from the late 90's to today that is 1300 cc's? and I bet its boosted anyways which was my whole point, ford needs boost to do something better.

NYC LSC said:
Where you get yours - Photoshop :N :waving:

The photoshop job was just to give me an idea of how it was going to look.
I finally got off my butt and the real deal is starting to come together.

No way in hell you can get a DECENT mini tub job for 500 bucks.
To buy a set from Summit is 69.99 X 2 just for the material.
Now if you find a guy who will cut out your existing fender wells and weld/rivot in the new ones, then you found a guy who doesnt know what he is doing.Cause no one that knows what they are doing will charge only 360 for the amount of work it takes.

unstoppable said:
The photoshop job was just to give me an idea of how it was going to look.
I finally got off my butt and the real deal is starting to come together.

Geno knows I'm playin'. No need for an explanation :Beer

BlackMark8Li said:
ok then that makes sense but no sense considering we were talking about cars... not bikes.
but it is ok for you to compare a lincoln with a corvette
you obviously know nothing , go read some more magazines or forums or whatever you get all of your misinformation from

funny thing is i beat a 96 vette with my 93 lincoln

Members online

No members online now.
Back