Got Rubber ?

K*A*B said:
but it is ok for you to compare a lincoln with a corvette
you obviously know nothing , go read some more magazines or forums or whatever you get all of your misinformation from

funny thing is i beat a 96 vette with my 93 lincoln

and I beat a 99 vette with my 93 lincoln too... its a way faster car but the driver didn't know how to drive.

I really wasn't refering to only the lincoln mark 8 vs the vette.. again you should learn to read better.. I said ford vs gm.. I was mainly talking about mustangs and camaros, trans ams and vettes when I was talking about boost. I had mentioned them several times.

and i guess i was wrong to think you weren't talking about just lincoln's with a quote like this
don't compare the imp cause its slow, compare the older marks with newer vettes and camaros

but i can't read

BlackMark8Li said:
yea impala's arn't that fast and neither are older vettes.. I was talking mainly about newer gm's.. late 90s trans ams and vettes and ss camaros that stock run mid 13's and a lil work w/o boost can be in the 12's.. you'll never see a mark be in the 12's w/o boost unless you strip the whole car down to a seat, a engine, and a steering wheel.

K*A*B said:
and i guess i was wrong to think you weren't talking about just lincoln's with a quote like this
don't compare the imp cause its slow, compare the older marks with newer vettes and camaros

but i can't read

ok you have a point.. sorry.

unstoppable said:
The photoshop job was just to give me an idea of how it was going to look.
I finally got off my butt and the real deal is starting to come together.

No way in hell you can get a DECENT mini tub job for 500 bucks.
To buy a set from Summit is 69.99 X 2 just for the material.
Now if you find a guy who will cut out your existing fender wells and weld/rivot in the new ones, then you found a guy who doesnt know what he is doing.Cause no one that knows what they are doing will charge only 360 for the amount of work it takes.

they is a local guy i ask him already,... and what kinda car i had...i know that is not going to cover the other materail needed....but since i dont have the mk i wont know how much its going to cost......know!!!

If GM cars are so technologically superior to Fords, then how come the 3 fastest production cars in existince are Ford powered? The McLaren F1 isnt fastest anymore, that title goes to a Sweedish supercar called the Konisegg and it has a 620 horsepower supercharged 4.6 DOHC in it.

BlackMark8Li said:
the stripped out interioprs were meant to be w/o boost.. which if any of you have read nmy posts should have seen what I was talking about... new factory production gm's cars vs new factory ford cars ... ford can't compete unless they have boost. I'm not talking about crate engines you can order... engines actually put into production cars.. gm has ford beat.for now at least.
You keep talking about supercharging what is wrong with supercharging? I am not a fan of Turbo's or Nitrous Oxide but what is wrong with Supercharging?

wow...I came to this thread looking for more burnout vids...instead I see a bunch of Ford vs Chevy crap. C'mon gang... let it go...This place is too cool for bickering...now stop typing, and go film more burnouts!!!

I just spoke with my friend who was telling me about how for years GM has putting some crappy motors. His 2000 chevy truck , need a new motor less that a year after he got it new. He told me of about 4
other guy with chevy trucks with same type of problems

Anyone think of buying a GM look up Silent Recall.

Not a war more of a discussion I don't hate GM I like a few of there cars actually but Ford is the superior vehicle imo I mean look at limo companys they must choose lincolns over cadillacs for a reason?

klutch said:
You keep talking about supercharging what is wrong with supercharging? I am not a fan of Turbo's or Nitrous Oxide but what is wrong with Supercharging?

nothing is wrong with it at all. if I had money I'd get it in a heartbeat. my only point is ford supercharges everything to compete and yet gm builds up on all motor. now nitrous I hate mainly cause of people with slow pos imports get it and think there car is the fastest thing on the road

theres good and bad to gm and ford in regards to engine life. I had my mark engine fail at 86k with a broken rod... yet my 93 had 150k on the clock and still ran stronger than anything.

klutch said:
Not a war more of a discussion I don't hate GM I like a few of there cars actually but Ford is the superior vehicle imo I mean look at limo companys they must choose lincolns over cadillacs for a reason?

G.W. rolls in a Cad so does Mrs Bush.

read # 18 Johnson Vs. GM Silent Recalls suck

[18] The plaintiffs averred that GM knew of stalling problems in the model truck in question and did not alert its customers. Instead, they asserted, GM issued a "silent" or "unpublished" recall whereby it informed all of its dealers to replace the PROM with a newly designed PROM if a customer complained that his engine stalled.

[19] GM stated that no defect existed in the truck or the PROM and that in fact, the engine was running and that Lewis negligently drove through the intersection causing the accident. GM claimed that it did not issue a silent recall, but had simply improved the PROM and had merely informed its dealers of such improvements.

[20] At trial, Lewis testified that as he started driving through the intersection, his truck stalled. Lewis said he saw an 18-wheel, tractor-trailer truck fully loaded with logs approaching the intersection from about 700 feet away. Lewis claimed that he put the truck in "park" and tried to crank the engine, but that the engine would not start. The driver of the tractor-trailer truck testified that he blew his horn, then steered the truck into the left lane in an attempt to avoid colliding with Lewis. The tractor-trailer truck struck the pickup truck on the right side.

klutch said:
I mean look at limo companys they must choose lincolns over cadillacs for a reason?

I run a Limo company. 20+ vehicles. Trust me...you dont want to go there. yes, we run Town Cars, not GM vehicles...but not because of the reasons you think. Oh, and from 2003-on, The T-car is a giant heap of donkey dung.

That settles it... I'm going to have to go to our lot tomorrow, and film some LIMO burnouts!!!(and yes...they will!)

BlackIceLSC said:
I run a Limo company. 20+ vehicles. Trust me...you dont want to go there. yes, we run Town Cars, not GM vehicles...but not because of the reasons you think. Oh, and from 2003-on, The T-car is a giant heap of donkey dung.

That settles it... I'm going to have to go to our lot tomorrow, and film some LIMO burnouts!!!(and yes...they will!)

Just out of Curiosity what is the reason they use Lincolns if its not for reliability?

BlackIceLSC,
I drove Lincoln limos for about a year. I just wanted to say I have done a 360 with a 120" strech and yes there was snow on the ground. Must have been a rush for the passengers............ :eek2:

NYC LSC said:
Mine neither. Don't feel bad lol

Hmm... I just watched your video and it is BADASSS!!!

Did you have a posi rearend at the time ? What else did you have done ? It was a hell of a burnout, fo sho ! :Beer

67 Coninental... That was an awesome one burner... DO you feel better. WE don't want any sad members around here..... :N

StraDog said:
Hmm... I just watched your video and it is BADASSS!!!

Did you have a posi rearend at the time ? What else did you have done ? It was a hell of a burnout, fo sho ! :Beer

LOL thanks.

Back then it was a stock motor with bolt ons and exhaust. 4.10s and a rebuilt trac-lok, too.

I'd do one in the 95, but I'm afraid the trans'll blow up lol

:bow:

:waving:

Here's one I did awhile ago.
burnout.JPG

Right click and save

Members online

No members online now.
Back