got rear ended a few hours ago !

ShortCircutLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Oh boy. So I was driving on 104 west to pick up a driveshaft for work and some guy in an Impala ass ended me. I knew he was going to hit me and I tried to swing my car out of his way but it obviously didn't work. He was waaaayyy speeding and its pouring rain. I'm fine so I guess that's the most important thing (atleast that's what everyone else is saying) but they aren't looking at my screwed up car. This sucks so much. There aren't words to explain how much this suck. The guy asked me if I was ok. I flew off the handle , HELL NO I'm not ok!?!! Look at this. I just bought it like 8 months ago. Good job screwing it up so fast Dingus Kahn ! And yelled at him for not paying attention. Now I gotta deal w insurance and getting a rental all that crap. Tell me what you guys think on damage :(

IMG00175-20110411-1756.jpg

IMG00173-20110411-1756.jpg

IMG00176-20110411-1756.jpg

IMG00174-20110411-1756.jpg

Its hard to see in the last pic. The area behind the window right above the trim line is crumpled in a little

Sh!t.. That will buff right out.. Just ask Pektel the correct product to use.. lol

That sucks.. Looks like there will be some work there too

Cars are replaceable. People are not. Glad to hear everyone was okay.

Hate to say it, but with the rear quarter crinkled, it may be toast.

Lol @ fast... Yeah just throw a little wax on there. Rub in a counter clockwise direction until the damage disappears.

NO!!!

stupid :q:q:q:qing :q:q:q:qty ass chevy driver!

Some idiot almost smashed into me this morning....lets just hope its fixable. if not you should be getting a fat check from insurance around $14K at least.

Damn, poor ls. Atleast he didn't get out the car and start yelling at you when it was his fault, no doubt he would've been punched out. I've been there, it sucks! You dont realize how much you really love your ls until you are forced to drive a rental because your ls is in the shop.

Glad you're ok

I was hit just like that in my town car but slightly higher and farther left. It broke the taillight and the bumper slammed in but popped right back out. Luckily for me it was a old hyundai sonata and it just bounced off the car and into the other lane. I wasn't even sure she it me at first because I didn't really feel anything but just a pop bomp sound. I look over to see her sliding over the looks at me and waves me off. F*cked for car up bad but the towncar I just bought a used taillight for and cashed out on insurance for $1,250. I don't think you'll get so lucky because:

Cars are replaceable. People are not. Glad to hear everyone was okay.

Hate to say it, but with the rear quarter crinkled, it may be toast.

I think pektel might be correct because the damage means the unibody could be bent.

damn dude thats all bad...good to know your cool tho. how fast did it happen at?
I was going about 50 and he was seriously flying ! Hell I'm 26 and I've had my share of fun in my first gen so I'd say after slamming his brkaes he was probobly at 40 or so.
NO!!!

stupid :q:q:q:qing :q:q:q:qty ass chevy driver!

Some idiot almost smashed into me this morning....lets just hope its fixable. if not you should be getting a fat check from insurance around $14K at least.
Ill tell ya one thing if I end up having to get a check , let's hope not. My as$ is getting an old GMC work truck. Before I get into another loan for a 3rd LS. If I can find one!
FAST, Rollin, Pektel ... I am currently accepting donations in the form of LSs ! Lol

IMG00178-20110411-1917.jpg

IMG00184-20110411-1920.jpg

IMG00182-20110411-1919.jpg

IMG00185-20110411-1920.jpg

Damn, poor ls. Atleast he didn't get out the car and start yelling at you when it was his fault, no doubt he would've been punched out. I've been there, it sucks! You dont realize how much you really love your ls until you are forced to drive a rental because your ls is in the shop.

Glad you're ok

I was hit just like that in my town car but slightly higher and farther left. It broke the taillight and the bumper slammed in but popped right back out. Luckily for me it was a old hyundai sonata and it just bounced off the car and into the other lane. I wasn't even sure she it me at first because I didn't really feel anything but just a pop bomp sound. I look over to see her sliding over the looks at me and waves me off. F*cked for car up bad but the towncar I just bought a used taillight for and cashed out on insurance for $1,250. I don't think you'll get so lucky because:

I think pektel might be correct because the damage means the unibody could be bent.

There's a few more detailed pics. Man I just got it back 2 weeks ago from getting brake pads ! 2 FFFing weeks! That's exactly how long it took my first gen to blow its motor after I had new pads and rotors put on it. Coincidence?! WTF. The bad thing is guys , I got soo many compliments today from 3 people at this company that I never would have givin me any compliments. And I was just sitting in it this morning and telling my mom just how comfy the seats are and how great it is to finally have the exact ls I've been looking for.

There will be light at the end of the tunnel, Short - and no, it won't be an oncoming train. There's not going to be a whole lot that anyone can say to take that feeling away that you have right now, but it IS gonna get better.

It's hard to see the crinkle along the trim line, but if it's there that could be a major cost that would factor into whether or not insurance will total it or not. My ultimate concern would be frame damage. If there is damage to the frame, where they've got to put it on a frame rack to bend/straighten it then you will want them to total it anyway and start fresh. The car will not be the same after frame damage, and you won't be happy with it.

Like many others have shared, we're glad that you WEREN'T hurt - even though your baby was. Cars can and will be replaced (even an LS) - but you can't.

Yes , I am ok. Thanks to my Lincoln ! I think if I would have been in my old hyundai Tiburon. It would have smashed to bits ! Thank you all for caring. ill post an update tomorrow after insurance looks at it

This basically comes down to how much your LS is worth.

Trunk and right upper quarter panel both tweaked and obviously the bumper and bottom right rear panel are toast. Not to mention the rear bumper support bars. You will also need rear valence, and right rear quarter valence. Oh, and a new muffler and tip.

And one last thing, the whole rear of your car is torqued and this is massive damage. Unless that LS is brand new, totaled.

I bet if you were to measure the distance between each tire to wheel well lip, you will further confirm bad news.

Please tell me the person who hit you has good insurance. Otherwise that idiot should be lookin for another LS!

Oh....as long as insurance is paying, anything is fixable as long as the frame isn't f'ed.

ShortCircuitLS is a woman, just in case you thought it was a guy with gold fingernail paint on.

Members online

No members online now.
Back