got rear ended a few hours ago !

This is getting kinda funny , now that I know everything ok . Total count on cold calls to my phone yesterday , 31 ! The guy who called at 7:30 am got an ear full ! He's lucky he called from a private # . He had the kahunas to reply to me when I said I need to speak w my lawyer before I talk to anyone else. He says ," oh so this about getting rich quick ." ! He woke me up with that crap ! Unfortunately he hung up after the loud squeeling F you ! What kinda .....so on.
Today I got these in the mail. One says they're going to help w the injuries that are in the accident report then says "see attached accident report". Funny cause I wasn't injured and it clearly says IN the report neither party had injuries ! Looks like S. Schitts & ass. Should do their research ! Two were to cheap to attach a report like the larger , more devious law firms. All letters had *for advertisement only * somewhere on the envelope or letter . My Lawer said they will offer all kinds of stuff to get my biz. Haha. Movie tickets , dinner , limo. I chuckled and said sweet free stuff from lawyers ! Ill take it !

This is getting kinda funny , now that I know everything ok . Total count on cold calls to my phone yesterday , 31 ! The guy who called at 7:30 am got an ear full ! He's lucky he called from a private # . He had the kahunas to reply to me when I said I need to speak w my lawyer before I talk to anyone else. He says ," oh so this about getting rich quick ." ! He woke me up with that crap ! Unfortunately he hung up after the loud squeeling F you ! What kinda .....so on.
Today I got these in the mail. One says they're going to help w the injuries that are in the accident report then says "see attached accident report". Funny cause I wasn't injured and it clearly says IN the report neither party had injuries ! Looks like S. Schitts & ass. Should do their research ! Two were to cheap to attach a report like the larger , more devious law firms. All letters had *for advertisement only * somewhere on the envelope or letter . My Lawer said they will offer all kinds of stuff to get my biz. Haha. Movie tickets , dinner , limo. I chuckled and said sweet free stuff from lawyers ! Ill take it !

Are they calling your cell phone? And is your number on the do-not-call list? If yes to either, you can start telling them this:

I am registered on the Federal Do-Not-Call list. Pursuant to the Do-Not-Call Implementation Act of 2003 and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 this call is illegal and a nuisance. I will be filing a report with the FTC regarding your illegal activities shortly. Please remove my number from your contact lists immediately. May I please have the legal business name, address, and contact information you are required to identify yourself with by law?

That usually scares the honest ones away. It is illegal to call you without you consenting if you are on the do-not-call list. It should also be noted that the above doesn't work if they are: Political, Charity, Survey, Religion, Debt Collection, or Prior Engagement. I do call center software for a living so I know a little about the subject :)

Good luck with the ambulance chasers.

Are they calling your cell phone? And is your number on the do-not-call list? If yes to either, you can start telling them this:

I am registered on the Federal Do-Not-Call list. Pursuant to the Do-Not-Call Implementation Act of 2003 and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 this call is illegal and a nuisance. I will be filing a report with the FTC regarding your illegal activities shortly. Please remove my number from your contact lists immediately. May I please have the legal business name, address, and contact information you are required to identify yourself with by law?

That usually scares the honest ones away. It is illegal to call you without you consenting if you are on the do-not-call list. It should also be noted that the above doesn't work if they are: Political, Charity, Survey, Religion, Debt Collection, or Prior Engagement. I do call center software for a living so I know a little about the subject :)

Good luck with the ambulance chasers.

Everyone I know that registered on the do not call list get more junk calls after they register. I never but my number on it and only get a call once in a blue moon and it's almost always just a wrong number. My theory(and it's only a theory as I have no proof) is that because it's a national thing, that companies outside the US get a hold of the list and use it as a call FIRST list.

One fun thing I used to do at my parents is try to sell the person that was calling something. Offer them life time warranty and free shipping, the works lol.

One more week ! they called Tuesday and said it will be done by the 29th. Along with more damage news. The dealer noticed that the fuel filler tube, plastic trim, and fuel door were also damaged. I'm getting all kinds of little tid bits on how it'll never drive the same and I should just trade it in :rolleyes: Not gonna happen. I hope all will go smooth and its not like the car was rolled and hit by 6 other cars then fixed back to almost road legal. It was just on one side. So does anyone have any tips on what I should do first thing ? Even before I take it for a test drive. Or should I drive it then ask them to put it on the rack so I can look it over. I don't want to seem like a b!tch but I don't want them to half ass anything either. At least nothing noticable or mechanical!

One fun thing I used to do at my parents is try to sell the person that was calling something. Offer them life time warranty and free shipping, the works lol.

Ill try this when we get another BS call at the shop. Then try to explain that its my job to sell them "the caller" our mulch. Might be fun on a dull day!

Crunch time! What are you driving in until then? Rental?

Honestly give it a quick once over visually.

Then drive it away. Also it sounds like you took it to a dealer collision shop, they are probably going to be the most legitimate when it comes to 'bringing the car back' because they missed something.

One more week ! they called Tuesday and said it will be done by the 29th. Along with more damage news. The dealer noticed that the fuel filler tube, plastic trim, and fuel door were also damaged. I'm getting all kinds of little tid bits on how it'll never drive the same and I should just trade it in :rolleyes: Not gonna happen. I hope all will go smooth and its not like the car was rolled and hit by 6 other cars then fixed back to almost road legal. It was just on one side. So does anyone have any tips on what I should do first thing ? Even before I take it for a test drive. Or should I drive it then ask them to put it on the rack so I can look it over. I don't want to seem like a b!tch but I don't want them to half ass anything either. At least nothing noticable or mechanical!

As long as it's a reputable shop you should be just fine. Is it one your insurance company recommended? I only use shops that my insurance recommends as I get a "lifetime" warranty on the repair.

My daughter backed my wife's '06 into a retaining wall and tweaked the rear; similar to your damage. After 3 weeks and ~$5K (we just paid the deductible) later, the car was fine. That was almost 4 years ago.

Crunch time! What are you driving in until then? Rental?
They gave me this Ford something ... Escape. The one w the lights and do dads ! It syncs to my phone so I can drive around and look like I'm talkin to myself !apparently it doesn't have EROPS. There are stickers all over stating if I make a fast turn the vehicle will fall over! Lol I can't wait to get my LS back. 6 looooong days. That 7th day is gonna go quick though.

As long as it's a reputable shop you should be just fine. Is it one your insurance company recommended? I only use shops that my insurance recommends as I get a "lifetime" warranty on the repair.

My daughter backed my wife's '06 into a retaining wall and tweaked the rear; similar to your damage. After 3 weeks and ~$5K (we just paid the deductible) later, the car was fine. That was almost 4 years ago.

That's good to hear. No my insurance didn't recommended this shop. It was close and it was a Lincoln dealer so I figured they would do a good job.

I picked up my LS today. :eek: :mad: apparently this body shop doesn't pay close attention to humidity when they're spraying clear. The whole passenger side is orange peeled with bumps. It looks terrible ! Half the rear end panels still don't line up well. There are NEW scratches on top of the trunk. My back up assist doesn't work at all ! Won't even turn on or off when I push the button. And There's a awful feedback humming / buzz noise inside that can't be good. The motor doesn't sound right at an idle. I can't pin point what the sound is but its not right. AND There's a burning smell coming from the rear end or exaust. I wrote a whole list of problems before I even drove off and I have another Half a list after driving it. in it. The only reason I even took it was to have a better look at all of the repairs and the fact that the body shop was closed when I got there. DANM. So looks like ill be taking it back to them to fix. Oh yeah I forgot about a 5" Long paint run or drip on the trim attached to the bumper under the tail light. Here's a pic of the bill.

Ok let's see if I did this correctly from my phone

IMG00205-20110429-1840.jpg

IMG00206-20110429-1840.jpg

Yep. I took it back last week and they were quick to get it back and fix it right ! BUT....... They gave me an Impala. As a loaner car. Irony ! Same car that hit me !

Yep. I took it back last week and they were quick to get it back and fix it right ! BUT....... They gave me an Impala. As a loaner car. Irony ! Same car that hit me !

That is ironic. At least you didn't get a ecobox! I don't know how they could let those problems go, so many shop have horrible quality control.

Why can't they just fix it right the first time and be more efficient.

What can I say , I guess There's never enough time to do it right , but There's always time to do it again ! Right?! When I worked at Street Creations we would NEVER give a car back with orange peel. Ever. The main paint guy at the dealership was on vacation when they got my car. So I'm assuming they gave it to some yahoo who stands around w his finger up his nose. LOL. Three times today I've honked the horn trying to turn up the volume. Kinda funny. I specifically asked Not to get an ecobox , heck I'm 5'8" I can't fit in one of those little new style Geo Metros. Blah !

Just wanted to give a final update ! I got my ride back and all is perfect ! Absolutely perfect ! They did a great job. Can't even tell it was in an accident. That's all I ask for. I'm a happy camper now , and I'm ready for the Mid Michigan meet ! Maybe even put out some feelers for an Ohio meet. Ill post that as its own thread once mulch season dies down for the year. Anyway. All is good on the homefront now !

They did a good job, after doing a crappy one. :lol:

Glad you didn't get your ls back with a second terrible job.

Pm if you were able to hold on to the part I asked about. ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back