Got myself a new ride

The fact that the LS exists, does not mean that there is no room or purpose for other kinds of cars to exist. Enjoy...

Agreed, everyone seems to hate on this forums if you have a second car or get something that isn't an LS or similar (jag)...

that just simply aint true...

if your second car is a jag, I'm still hating! lol

maybe I'm just projecting that everybodys other car is a piece of sh!t because my Trusty Rusty Cavalier (work/winter beater) is really a piece of ****, but it doesn't cost anything and seems to want to run forever, the only thing its ever needed is fuel, oil, and a set of brakes and tires...

as for the OP, its not a bad car by any means(the are actually a nice car that is small, instead of the old school american approach that any small car is a cheap turd...), Its just not my cup of tea. but unless its a toyota, I'm not saying anything bad about it. LOL

Agreed, everyone seems to hate on this forums if you have a second car or get something that isn't an LS or similar (jag)...

For this exact reason I chose to share this. People need to realize the LS isn't the end all. I bought this car for a specific purpose that it will satisfy. I don't care what anyone else thinks

Cries like a chick too.

Learn how to use the quote function before you try to start internet fights. Nobody is crying here except you

not sure what there is to hate on...

He bought another car for his wife... big deal.

Any new car (specially for a spouse or child) is awesome... on less thing to worry about. Seems like it'd be fun to cut through traffic with!
Congrats

Nice pick up.

Any solutions yet on getting the LS into the driveway?

Yeah guys, don't hate. He could have gotten a Prius instead. :p

The best part about having a car like this (IMO) - especially for my area would be the ease of being able to park it. I live in a VERY crowded city and IF you snag a parking spot it's like winning the lottery some nights.

Nice pick up.

Any solutions yet on getting the LS into the driveway?

Still working on that. Just moved finally this weekend and kept the LS at my old house till I can make the necessary ramps. Might need them for the Fiat since I ordered aftermarket springs that are out for delivery today.

I feel like 'Mericans' really just don't understand the Fiat 500. This size of vehicle is very standard for many parts of the world where your SUV or truck would never work. Overseas Fiat's sell in massive quantities. But here in the states people just want everything 'merican' sized, themselves included. A large segment of the population here wouldn't even fit in one.

I feel like 'Mericans' really just don't understand the Fiat 500.
My understanding stopped when they called it a "500". The Fiat Cinquecento (500) was called such because of the displacement of the engine. If they called it the Fiat 1400 I would keep listening. What matters is that you like it, and it fits what you need. They are neat little cars!

I just wish I could have afforded task-specific vehicles when I was working. I would have had a truck for those trips to Home Depot, an electric car for the commute and the LS for fun and trips.

It should be a very capable commute car. They seem to be practically giving them away here.......

A guy I work with bought a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth. It's just too small for my tank butt. It makes me feel uneasy with as small as it is. I've yet to drive it but it riding in it it wasn't quite my thing as far as the feel of the car.

Then again the guy driving it is used to econoboxes and probably hasn't ever laid the hammer down either. I tried talking him into letting me drive back to the office for lunch but he said no. He says my driving in my LS is too aggressive for his car. :p

Hipsters

I just wish I could have afforded task-specific vehicles when I was working. I would have had a truck for those trips to Home Depot, an electric car for the commute and the LS for fun and trips.

It should be a very capable commute car. They seem to be practically giving them away here.......

Ours was stickered for 19,988 and we got it for 14,800. For a new commuter vehicle I wasn't banged up over it. I could have spent almost that much on a used Honda that had ~60k miles on it.

I had 20 minutes in between meetings this afternoon so I made a chart so I don't confuse anyone

ix5yer.jpg

I just picked up a brand new ride on Thursday night. Drove it right out of the showroom. He is Italian and I've named him Skittle (Vanity plate pending delivery).

As much as I like the LS, I have had the opportunity to drive around a few small cars like this and I do enjoy it quite a bit. Lot's of giddy up even with a small engine. It's a nice change of pace compared to an at least 8 year old sedan and I say good buy. Should be fun!

Agreed, if you shop around on these cars, they can be had for a VERY reasonable/gift price. The '13 Abarth my father picked up for $15,500. Under 5,000 miles on it, still has 3 years of warranty left and the original sticker was near $29K!

Can you really drive it to Italy???? Have you tried its aqua-ability yet????? :):biggrin::lol:

I've actually been taking notice of these 500's in traffic since this thread
... and all I can think of when they go by is "Meep, Meep!"

Red ones seem prominent. Rear seat headrests seem as if they would be obstructing the driver's rear view.

Few things...... The Fiat looks sweet. You have four cars. What are they? When and how did you get your LS back? BTW some nitwit on Facebook claims to own your LS. Guy actually set me a friend request...lol

Few things...... The Fiat looks sweet. You have four cars. What are they? When and how did you get your LS back? BTW some nitwit on Facebook claims to own your LS. Guy actually set me a friend request...lol

I never sold the LS. Those kids on that facebook page (they banned me BTW just for saying I bought a PT Cruiser and posting pictures) are all nuts. They have no clue what's going on. I posted that I sold it to see what happened and more then one person came out and then started posting MY pictures of the car saying they own it lol. The whole page is run by idiots.

I currently have the following:
2014 Fiat 500 Sport - DD
2009 Subaru Impreza RS - Snow Machine
2005 Lincoln LS - Show Piece
1996 Subaru Legacy - Beater

I just picked up a brand new ride on Thursday night. Drove it right out of the showroom. He is Italian and I've named him Skittle (Vanity plate pending delivery).

16k5ocl.jpg

So far I am very pleased with it. Fun little car to drive around in. The windows were tinted 20% and I have Eibach Sportline springs coming on Monday :cool:
240px-Nelson_haha (2).jpg

240px-Nelson_haha (2).jpg

I had two friends that used to be fiat techs. Just hope your oil pan doesn't develop a leak, because the whole motor has to be removed to fix it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back