Got myself a new ride

I've been thinking about getting some sort of a comfortable econobox for a daily driver. Problem is I've just gotten way too used to the way the LS handles and drives. I'd need a pricier econobox to be satisfied or I'd just never drive the thing. A subaru/scoobydoo doesn't sound to horrible a DD.

A subaru/scoobydoo doesn't sound to horrible a DD.

Just be aware that the Boxer engine can use some oil. Gravity leaves the oil in the bottom of the engine vs. draining into the pan after shut-down. Not a deal breaker by any means (my sister-in-law has had them for decades). They are quite appealing on many levels.

I've been thinking about getting some sort of a comfortable econobox for a daily driver. Problem is I've just gotten way too used to the way the LS handles and drives. I'd need a pricier econobox to be satisfied or I'd just never drive the thing. A subaru/scoobydoo doesn't sound to horrible a DD.

I know it's like the total opposite of the LS but an older Toyota Corolla does pretty well and they are like driving a go-cart while pulling down around 30MPG. They're actually kinda fun to drive even, and I'm a 6 ft 4 in person and fit more or less OK although nobody could sit behind me. I'd avoid the new ones with the CVT unless you enjoy driving a car that feels like the transmission is slipping badly all the time. My son bought a 2014 model and likes it, but then he's an A-Z appliance driver and has little interest in cars otherwise. I simply don't know where I went wrong with the boy... He DOES at least have an interest in mid-1970s Camaros though, so at least it's something.

It's all fun and cute until a wreck, those things shrink up like soda cans. Not fun for us tall people

They really banned you off the facebook page? ahahahaha people get too butthurt

Apparently the guys who run that page are easily offended. I made a joke that I sold my LS for a PT Cruiser and then subsequently argued that the Cruiser which shares the same power plant with the SRT4 contains a larger aftermarket and enthusiast segment. They didn't care for that.

I have been DD'ing a Subaru for awhile now. They are fantastic cars and would recommend one to anyone. Especially in the snow belt region.

I'll tell you what, they are as sure footed as a mountain goat in crappy weather.

I have been DD'ing a Subaru for awhile now. They are fantastic cars and would recommend one to anyone. Especially in the snow belt region.

My brother-in-law Had the Legacy GT... wow... aesthetically is was ok (inside or out) but a driving machine. LOTs you can do with them too

It's all fun and cute until a wreck, those things shrink up like soda cans. Not fun for us tall people

You'd think that, but not necessarily. My son had an off angle accident where he was going around a corner too fast and hit a Nissan Frontier 4x4 head on. He was going over 40MPH, and the Nissan was going about 35. No braking, because it was a blind corner (son learned his lesson). He totaled the Nissan, just about ripped the whole front end off the truck. The Corolla drove fine after that. It didn't even break the AC condenser as the AC worked on the way home. We had to have the rad support straightened out, new hood and fender, new headlight. About a year after we fixed the car he sold the car to a cousin, who about 3 months later was T-boned by a large old sedan which did total the Corolla out. Nobody in the Corolla was injured in either accident.

Sure, I'd not want to be in a major wreck in one, but as a plain little cheap commuter you don't really care about in a city environment they aren't bad little cars.

Apparently the guys who run that page are easily offended. I made a joke that I sold my LS for a PT Cruiser and then subsequently argued that the Cruiser which shares the same power plant with the SRT4 contains a larger aftermarket and enthusiast segment. They didn't care for that.

You were pretty continuously and incessantly being a douche about it, though. You did not just make one gag post, you made sure to smear your nonsense everywhere you could.

You were pretty continuously and incessantly being a douche about it, though. You did not just make one gag post, you made sure to smear your nonsense everywhere you could.

I lost all patience for the members of that page once that one kid who needs to paint his LSE bumper unprovoked (I suggested he get it painted instead of buying other items) told me he was going to F' my wife and slurred my family for no reason. If that's OK but making comments about a car that's not an LS isn't, then I don't need to be part of their drama

Members online

No members online now.
Back