Got myself a new ride

Bullschmidt

LVC Photographer
Reaction score
I just picked up a brand new ride on Thursday night. Drove it right out of the showroom. He is Italian and I've named him Skittle (Vanity plate pending delivery).

16k5ocl.jpg

So far I am very pleased with it. Fun little car to drive around in. The windows were tinted 20% and I have Eibach Sportline springs coming on Monday :cool:

No Abarth? For shame.

They interest me too. Seem perfect for a no worry, basic city transportation vehicle.

So much wrong with this thread .... he's joking us! (again)

ahhhh...the seduction of Abarth......tough to resist.....

Woman or Girl in Fiat 500 Abarth Ad - Catrinel Menghia.jpg

Woman or Girl in Fiat 500 Abarth Ad - Catrinel Menghia.jpg

So much wrong with this thread .... he's joking us! (again)

Agreed!!!!!

My neighbor hates his after owning it a couple of months. He says it's quite uncomfortable; though it's acceptable for his commute car. Besides, it's just another FWD appliance.......

Agreed!!!!!

My neighbor hates his after owning it a couple of months. He says it's quite uncomfortable; though it's acceptable for his commute car. Besides, it's just another FWD appliance.......

Toy car*

Yeah why no abarth? I don't know how the fiats drive, but if they are similar to minis, its a mini s or higher or nothing. My dad wanted one and we test drove a few regular minis and they left much to be desires but the s was pretty fun to drive.

It looks like a nice little purchase, Congrats on the new toy

No one better be hating on the Abarth, that thing is a seriously fun little car. Michael Schumacher used to DD one.

Nice. What kind of trade-in did they give you on your nuts? Sorry, but that's the sort of car I carry in the trunk to act as a spare tire, except I'd rather walk carrying a flat than get in one of those.

These people are funny. Maybe if they spent less time conjuring up whitty snips and more time getting a feel for what cars currently on the market are any good things would be different.

However, you do require one of these.
18efrt7r83h9.jpg

18efrt7r83h9.jpg

I bet that is fun to drive. I drove my mom-in-laws smart car and it was so light that was was a blast to drive....not much in the acceleration department but fun maneuvering. Enjoy it and use it to the miles off the LS.

This is the exact response I was expecting. Hate all you want but this was a brand new car with a warranty not a broke down gen1 LS for 3k on craigslist.

To clear up a couple questions. Yes this is real, I did buy a Fiat.

No Abarth for two reasons: One, my will will be driving the car too and she has zero care for that sort of thing. Two, the premium for an Abarth over a Sport or Turbo is to much for all that torque steer. For 29k+ (Depending on options) I could buy plenty of other cars that interest me more.

Bull, whatever makes you happy is what matters, do us a pic of you in it with that pink shirt of yours, would ya!

~ just teasing

I currently have four cars. No need for anyone to worry, my LS is one of them. The Fiat will simply be for commuting to work and back on days I don't take my LS or a Subaru

Glad you were expecting it, and we were here to deliver. All in good fun, of course.

Still and all, one must buy what suits one's needs. Enjoy your new car.

BTW, what WAS that trade-in value?

GREAT CHOICE OF CAR! I would have ponied up for the Abarth but that's just me. My father recently purchased a 2013 Black/Red Abarth. Honestly, one of the most fun cars I have driven. And it's getting around 30mpg in town :cool:

The model you picked looks good. Looks like an Abarth without the price.

I've toyed with getting a cheap, daily driver as well (Fiesta, Scion IQ, etc.). Only if I decide to get a truck as well.

The LS I will keep (as long as it stays a reliable car. It is a great road car).

The Fiat 400e looks good (as a California/Oregon electric car only). 122 MPG

I currently have four cars. No need for anyone to worry, my LS is one of them. The Fiat will simply be for commuting to work and back on days I don't take my LS or a Subaru

The fact that the LS exists, does not mean that there is no room or purpose for other kinds of cars to exist. Enjoy...

Planning on throwing some money at it too or just keep it as is?

Members online

No members online now.
Back