Got Kooks?

driller

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I do!

IMG_1406.jpg

:eek:

looks like a bad situation...what are you going to do?

I think you may have a small exhaust leak. :p

Is your exhaust supprted in the middle, still have the hangers off the trans mount?

I have to check my headers too as I have kooks too.

Did you try contacting kooks to see if they would warranty their headers.

Too much torque, LOL... the exhaust still has the factory hangers.

I have it at a shop who is a Kooks dealer by chance. He told me their policy was to return it and they would fix it if they deemed it was covered under the warranty. I don't have time for that and gave the shop the go ahead to weld it up.

I've had the exhaust manifold gaskets replace twice before and figured this was another episode. I'm beginning to wonder if I need flex joints on the downpipes.

hmmmm the thundermark has kooks on it and has a bad leak till it warms up, crap i dont wanna pull these laying on my back :(

hmmmm the thundermark has kooks on it and has a bad leak till it warms up, crap i dont wanna pull these laying on my back :(

well then figure out how to pull them while on your knees, since thats your position of choice, ball bag!!!!!

I assume they had to drop the k-member to get them in/out, no?

I would love a set but would be quite some time before I could afford them. My car just started making the rotten egg smell under WOT runs. :( Time to get rid of teh cats.

My car just started making the rotten egg smell under WOT runs. :( Time to get rid of teh cats.

Is that really true? Cause my car does it every now and then and it only has 130k on it. I thought cats were good for more like 200k..?

how long the cats last is circumstantial...but rotten egg smell is the tale tell sign that they are going out.

Driller sorry i jumped in this thread a bit late, but i wouldve suggested putting a plate brace on each of those pipes to help support the weld,, where the pipe broke in the pic, it doesnt look like the original weld had good penetration

Driller sorry i jumped in this thread a bit late, but i wouldve suggested putting a plate brace on each of those pipes to help support the weld,, where the pipe broke in the pic, it doesnt look like the original weld had good penetration

I actually thought about that. But my luck they would then start breaking at the flanges. :(

I just need to restrain the motor better.

97300035.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back