GM car suck sooooooo bad.

Well hell. Thought I was ready to pull the motor but after wiggling it around I realized there must be a hidden bolt. The damn bolt under the rear manifold is the one thats kickin my arse. I need another 18-24" of extension so cant do crap till my buddy can bring his extensions out. :( Other then that bolt the motor is just kinda sitting there. Oh well, there is ALWAYS one thats a PITA to get too.

As for the software its HPT. And for the oil I think Sapperfire was gonna pick me up a couple bottles from the dealer in Waco.

Yea, that dirty bish bolt is hidden back there! Hard to see it and hard to stick the socket on there sometimes. How long did it take you to find it?

Yea, that dirty bish bolt is hidden back there! Hard to see it and hard to stick the socket on there sometimes. How long did it take you to find it?
About 2 minutes. I kinda cheated though. The Regal forum has a real time chat window at the top of their page and as I was navigating I saw someone say something about a hidden bolt and someone else say it was under the manifold coupling. As soon as I saw "manifold coupling" I figured they were talking about a trans bolt. When I removed all the bolts I could see and the motor and trans were still together I figured that was what they were talking about.

Oh, glad you have other buddies, guess I'll just drive my Ferrari 430 some more...I'm enjoying the mods, very fast car :)

It's even nicer since I never have to put gas in it, unlike my real car

I remember back way back when someone fab up one of thos v6 gm sc m90 to fit on a 95 tbird v8. Wonder if its still running around.

IMGP0636.jpg

IMGP0637.jpg

awww. look at it.. its so cute, with its little baby pushrods and six little sphincters.

FWD, bleh!

is that engine cat iron or aluminum?i am guessing cast iron with alum heads.

awww. look at it.. its so cute, with its little baby pushrods and six little sphincters.

FWD, bleh!

Nope that sun bish has cast iron heads also. Gay push rods. Ha, I member in a 3400 (60 Degree V6, 3800 is 90 Degree) the camshaft broke in half...sucked ass. All it took was to move the car 5 yards and there it went.

FWD, bleh!

Power per dollar in modding potential, to save money on repairs and depend on the reliability, or to just have a solid brick of an engine for a beater, any day over, almost any platform, I'd take a 3800 powered car. The 3800 is legendary. To knock it is to knock any stout and dependable engine that still has performance potential while utilizing tough, tried and true (albeit outdated) technology. Just like the ford 4.6 or 302/351w, or 4.3 or 350 chevy, not the best at anything, but good at most things. The 3800 series II and up were very capable at almost all jobs asked. Nothing to sneeze at and surely nothing to mock. My GTP was quicker than any mark viii, stock for stock, got better gas mileage, and needed less maintainance and repairs. I like our Lincolns just as much, but there is nothing but love for the L36/L67 from me. The actual car the engines were dropped in, there were a few at which I scoff, but just as soon as a Mark VIII I'd take a Regal GS, Riviera, Grand Prix GTP, or Park Avenue Ultra.

True they are fairly stout as long as you address the intake gaskets. Repair parts are cheap and performance parts are way cheap.

$125 for a tune, $60 for a pulley and $170 for some headers and they make 50-60 more HP. All easy as heck to bolt on too. The damn computer is in the stock intake box! LMAO!

I finally got her back together! One last part needed though, oil filter housing gasket. Closest store is 21 miles and I have no car so have to wait for a friend to visit. LOL

So here is what I found with the old motor. When removing its oil filter housing thick black sludge was on the lower half. Ports were completely clogged. The spring actuated port was rusted closed. I didn't drain the pan but the oil that came out of the housing showed signs of water.

So there we have it. Oil starvation from poor maintenance and a bad lower gasket had killed the motor. Bummer. :(

Anywho, after swapping the motor I decided to swap the seats. Drivers seat has a rip in the bolster but the bottom is in nice shape. My old seat bottom was ripped to hell. My old rear seat had a half dozen burn holes in it as did all of my floor mats so I swapped them over too. Decided to do the passenger seat as well cause the 98s leather is much softer then the 99s. Guess nobody ever leather treated it.

Swapped the couple broken dash vents too. After taking the pictures I see I forgot to finish swapping the passenger air bag cover. Still have to remove the three PITA bolts up top. Too hot to screw with now.

Also swapped blend door actuators. Old one could be moved by hand so I hope this cures the issue with the drivers side blowing hot.

IMGP0641.jpg

IMGP0642.jpg

IMGP0643.jpg

Good to hear.

Would love to see what your skills could do with an old ls.

I wish I had half your ability to do the things you do.

Awesome to see it coming together for you Bill.

my brother in law had a 99 gtp with some trans work, roller rockers, a cam, ported m-90, smaller pulley and headers and the car ran 11.6 all day long in the 1/4. it was by far the fastest 6 cyl. i have ever been in, and not just fast, but it made you nervous, like grip the seat hard when going for a ride, he has a 2005 3 valve stang gt with a procharger, 4:10's, nitrous, pulley, headers, corsa exhaust, slicks, all the bolt on's, well over 12,000 grand in after market crap and it runs 11.2, whats that say for the gtp he had lol!! that 3800 has serious potential as he proved to me.

Jamie, notice the crate that spare wheel is leaning up against? :lol:

sholdve gottn a 96 impala ss. then you would feel differently about gm. trust me im a chevy dude that respect well built machines which marks are definitly on the list. but chevy is coming back hoping to see a chevelle soon. or a real impala built again. you wouldve been better off getting gen 1 regal.

sholdve gottn a 96 impala ss. then you would feel differently about gm. trust me im a chevy dude that respect well built machines which marks are definitly on the list. but chevy is coming back hoping to see a chevelle soon. or a real impala built again. you wouldve been better off getting gen 1 regal.
Not even remotly in the budget. I have owned a 95 SS and two 96 X-cop car caprices. I know the cars and dont like them as well. Really for the most part GM cars are chit.

Malibu: POS. Constant engine issues and trans issues. Plastics suck.
Cobalt: Good motors, everything else sucks.
HHR: What a fockin turd. Hardest car to see out of I have ever driven.
Camaro: I like the looks. Nice performance. Cant see chit out of them and the plastics suck.
Corvette: Love all models of them. Even will overlook the cheap interior.
Trucks: Dont get me started. Chit brakes, chit chasis, super chit interior, chit motors unless you get the larger LS versions (LQ)
Tahoe: Not a bad SUV, really no complaints other than brakes are crap and unit bearings fail quick.

Also I have owned many GM cars. I just dont like them. There are only a few GM cars out that are worth a damn and all are over 60k.

I like most cars but guess at heart I will always be a Ford guy. I also prefer Dodge over GM. Like the Charger, Challenger, 300C and their Jeep counterparts. Hate the trucks but thats because they are normally driven by total ass hats.

i am kind of stuck in the 70's and 80's with gm the look and sound got me hooked as a kid and never cared much for rustangs ecept the fast back boss. 72 chevell alone had me at hello. ive worked on hundreds of cars and so many of them have been designed from a mechanics standpoint retarted. my first car was a 88 monte carlo ss coupe and that was my foundation for what a mechanich friendly car should be and since then ive seen alot of very poor design that have turned me off from most other makes. until chevy went ricer on me turn of the cetury. left a sour taste in my mouth but im still holding on to chevy comeback.

Members online

No members online now.
Back