Gen1/Gen2 Survey

What Gen Mark VIII do you own?

• I own a Gen 1 Mark VIII

Votes: 50 61.0%
  • I own a Gen 2 Mark VIII

Votes: 39 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just like the added features of the second gens. One is that they dont look dated but I also like the puddle lamps on the mirrors, that always gets a remark at night when I disarm the alarm. I like the power steering adjustment, the dual speed steering system, the neon tail light, headlights that work, traction controll that works at all speeds, the more comfertable seats, the hidden antenna, the nicer switch gear, faster windows, better sound insulation etc etc.

I also like the supercharger that fits under the stock hood. :)

Yesssssss!!!!!

I currently own 12 Mark VIII's. 8 1st gen's 4 2nd gen's. 6 of the 1st gen's have become part's cars. Still drive white 95 and 96 blk on blk LSC. 3 blk on blk 97 LSC's and 1 black 97 that will have a 1st gen front end before the year is over.

It would have to be a very low mile mint first gen to make me ever get one again. I am on my third Mark VIII and first Gen II, love the features over the Gen I.

Are you counting our 94 LOL ...

I just like the added features of the second gens. One is that they dont look dated but I also like the puddle lamps on the mirrors, that always gets a remark at night when I disarm the alarm. I like the power steering adjustment, the dual speed steering system, the neon tail light, headlights that work, traction controll that works at all speeds, the more comfertable seats, the hidden antenna, the nicer switch gear, faster windows, better sound insulation etc etc.

You are only listing the Bling ... I can live without the bling.

And normal throttle body placement...

Might be mistaken but isn't the placement of the Gen 1 (not that it's easier to work on) but a better design for performance?

Thats not all bling. Neon brake light starts faster thus making it safer to not be rear ended. Headlights project farther and clearer thus you dont hit that homeless dude in the road. Mirrors have puddle lights so you can see that rattle snake that coiled up next to the nice warm car. You have turn signals in the mirrors to allow the person in your blind spot to know you are bout to hit him. All speed traction controll for when you hit that on ramp at 40 mph and its snowing out and your powerfull RWD car decides to spin its tires. How about the more comfy seats that allow you to sleep on a long drive...... ok, not so safe. :lol:

Thats not all bling. Neon brake light starts faster thus making it safer to not be rear ended. Headlights project farther and clearer thus you dont hit that homeless dude in the road. Mirrors have puddle lights so you can see that rattle snake that coiled up next to the nice warm car. You have turn signals in the mirrors to allow the person in your blind spot to know you are bout to hit him. All speed traction controll for when you hit that on ramp at 40 mph and its snowing out and your powerfull RWD car decides to spin its tires. How about the more comfy seats that allow you to sleep on a long drive...... ok, not so safe. :lol:

could be considered bling to all the old folks..Thats why they drive a gen 1. it's easier to deal with w/o all the modern features..They like keeping it simple with the late 80's early 90's technology.:)

Gen 2's have more, better features IMHO. But I really like the cockpit feel the gen 1 gives, better front end, Gen 1 has more power stock (my old 95 was insane - so much better acceleration than the 98LSC I had). Gen 1 can also get the LMS wing:shifty:

Still, I want another 98LSC. Silver on Black please.

My first Mark VIII was a '96 Bright Toreador Red '96. Bought it in 2001 for $4K and I've still got it. And it's running great. Just got a '97 Pearl White LSC for my wife in March '10. And it's running great as well. I'm a happy Mark owner!

SWB 006 is a Gen 1! 106K miles.
together2.jpg

Hey wait a minute my supercharger ain't there :eek: Another option mine didn't come with damnit :mad:

Actually I had Gen1.5 first as it was a 96'. Don't think I could deal with a lower year model cause they have single din radio openings. Otherwise I liked my Gen1 better after I put in the LSC HID lights.

Power column does blow peoples minds when I let them in the back seat tho :D

My one friend was shocked at how my Gen1 would corner but then again I had 17x9 rims with 245/45's on it that were sticky!
CIMG1797.jpg

I don't seem to feel it in my 98' but then again it has bald tires on the stock 16's so :shifty:

Members online

No members online now.
Back