Votes: 50 61.0%
  • I own a Gen 2 Mark VIII

Votes: 39 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
When I first joined LVC back in 05, there were way more Gen 1 owners than there were Gen 2 owners. Probably because Gen 2's were still bringing $7000 used. Now five years later, it seems that that is changed. I'm wondering now how many Gen 1 owners are there? How many Gen 2 owners?

we have two 97 lsc's and one 93, so i own both gens! you should have fixed the pole for gen 1, gen 2, or both!

i have owned:
4 93's
1 94
1 95
1 96 diamond anniversary
2 97's lsc's
1 98 lsc

all this in the last 7 years, do i have issues?

Jamie look at my sig. That is my history since '99 when I got my Diamond Anniversary! This is my first Gen 2 so I don't know much about it yet, whether or not I like it or not. But I know I will it's a Mark Viii!!! I love all of them, even the ones in the junk yard that I wan't to save!!!

I currently own 2 gen 2's
my list pales in comparison to jamies but I have owned the following
1 93 first mark
1 97 totaled it on the turnpike
2 98s My nice mark is a black lsc/ my beater is a Ivory Pearl Base(ugly as sin)

Also have to realize that a lot of the Gen 1 users are not coming on here anymore or not as often. I think you're right though, it is slowly shifting because of age, mileage, ect. With 4 years in the making vs. 2 years and low numbers in 98, I still think there are more Gen 1's out there.

Well any girl can drive a Gen II ...

Oh and as long as I can find good running Gen I's that's what I'll be driving ...

Mark VIII's to date -

1993 - 230,000 miles before she when away
1994 - 175,000 miles still in my driveway and running strong
1995 - 179,000 miles given to my son and now owned by Pepperma
1993 - 85,000 miles Love this car ... many miles to go.

My first and only Mark

....here's the pic I took the week I got it, just over a year ago

93MarkVIII.jpg

The Cooler,:headbang: and Faster, :waving: Gen1's are making a comeback. almost neck and neck now...:cool:

My first mark was a 1993, second was a 1998 blk/blk lsc, and my current one is a 1994. I like both but I do miss my 98. I think when I get another one, it will be a gen 2......but I will still have my gen 1:D

I'm wanting a Gen2 with a Gen1 front clip...then I can garage my 93 for a total rebuild

1993 and would not trade it for a gen2 best year ever

btw i made 33 suk it gen 2"s

4 First gens in this family right now.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D First GENS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One 1995 charcoal grey parts car.

One black on black 93 with 193,000 miles

One Garnet glaze 95 with 184,000

And the one and only CHAMELION has 69,200 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I can't really count the parts car. But I think we should clarify. Because I have three 8's. All first gens.

So my question is,,,,,, how many first gen's [cars]. Not how many owners.:D:D:D:D

It would have to be a very low mile mint first gen to make me ever get one again. I am on my third Mark VIII and first Gen II, love the features over the Gen I.

It would have to be a very low mile mint first gen to make me ever get one again. I am on my third Mark VIII and first Gen II, love the features over the Gen I.

I love my 93 but I must agree on the features of the Gen II. Way better but the Gen I just looks better.

My thought also but according to Laser, you need drop down mirrors to back up.:D Juss fuggin withya Bill.
I just like the added features of the second gens. One is that they dont look dated but I also like the puddle lamps on the mirrors, that always gets a remark at night when I disarm the alarm. I like the power steering adjustment, the dual speed steering system, the neon tail light, headlights that work, traction controll that works at all speeds, the more comfertable seats, the hidden antenna, the nicer switch gear, faster windows, better sound insulation etc etc.

I also like the supercharger that fits under the stock hood. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back