Gen II Cobra R Hood get in here, if your serious.

Just woundering but why so much for a hood??? Is there no cheaper way of going about it?

This has been covered so many times. SMALL RUN ITEMS COST MORE!! Period. I have to pay $3800.00 in mold and toolong costs, then the first runs, then HOPE to sell some to make a LITLLE teeny tiny rediculous profit. Example, Gen I hood took $5700.00 to launch with ALL costs involved including the forst 5 units about 8 years ago, as of today we have sold a grand total of 11 hoods, ELEVEN!!!! Its a joke.

Not even worth it to be totally honest and this is why I will not layout my hard earned cash to SIT on something that takes YEARS to see the pink on, been there done that too MANY times, sorry to come off like this but it is the harsh reality and truth of it all.

If it were a Mustang hood sure it would be $395.00 because I would sell them weekly or more. I sell 2 hoods a YEARRRRR if Im lucky.

most people don't understand custom work is costly and the aftermarket is cheaper because the demands is already known to be high before it hits the market

I couldn't find the approx price per hood... I haven't yet gotten my mark, but would seriously consider buying a hood first! (limited numbers, gotta get it when you can!). Just need a price.

im just intrested in seeing how the cobra r hood lines up with that header panel/grille bump. If it looks good you can count me all in. Its just hard to imagine it

I think he said somewhere around 700 dollars or so.

I'd love to have one.

How many orders do we need geno? We can hit up all the sites and maybe ebay and see whats up.

I might take a stab at the parts car and couple sheets of foam a carving knife and some sandpaper and see what I can come up with...

arent the lines of the gen 2 hood different then the gen 1 hood?

thats what I have been trying ot get at. I need atleast a photo shop of the gen 1 cobra r hood on a 2nd gen.

Gen 2 has a completely different front clip than the fen 1/

Yeh...i've owned both and its been a while since i've payed attention to a gen 1 nose, the lines, curves, and everything of the front are completly different then a gen 2 so how would a gen 1 cobra r hood look on a gen 2, it wouldnt flow right unless it was changed, right?

It would look fine and flow perfectly, the grill widths are almost exact and thats what the cr hood lines are based on.

i think that were going to have to accept the fact that our cars are too rare and these small batch items are too impractical from a pricing standpoint, both for us and for gino. Id say make something yourself or go to a body guy and have one made.

it's one of those things I would jump on once the mold is made.

but I'm just not committed enough to put money up front.

Members online

No members online now.
Back