Gen II Cobra R Hood get in here, if your serious.

You better get on this Geno, otherwise I'll have the guy working on my hood make me a bunch of them and start selling them myself. :lol:

Actually, I'm kinda serious, even though I'm not crazy about getting into the Mark VIII car parts selling business.

Enjoy, you will just be sitting on a bunch of hoods that no one will buy.:)

Last edited:
And why is that, Geno?
Are your hoods made out of some uber cool Fiberglass or something?

Do you have exclusive rights to the Cobra R design?

Judging from your past projects timelines, I'm not holding my breath for a Gen II hood from LMS for quite some time.

You'd get a hell of a lot more response if you actually HAD the hood. Come on, you're looking at less than 4000 dollars to make a mold and the first hood.

And why is that, Geno?

What are you talking about?
You can do whatever you want. It was pun because anytime something comes up that people SAY they want it never sells, like the current Gen 1 hood that we have had for sale for well over 3 years now and sold a grand total of 14.

Who ever mentioned design rights? Who ever said we use uber fiberglass?

It's just simple facts from the past experiences I have had with this market as whole including the CobraStar emblems that 15, 000 plus people begged for and to this day we still havent sold 200.

I am basically giving you a beware and save our loot or you will just be sitting on hoods, try it.

I would love to see you try it and see how many sell, I truly wish you well.

Real simple demographic. We have had the Gen 1 hood now for 3 years plus and have sold 11 total.

There are more Gen 1's produced then Gen 2's.

Less Gen 2's = less hoods.

Try it. PLEASE do it I would love to see this. Make them, sell them, won't affect me a bit you will just get a lesson leaerned that I have already learned the HARD way.

Once a mold is done, and a turnaround of less than 2 weeks after an order, I'd think people would buy them. I don't see how I could lose money, after all the initial cost of the mold and the first hood would have already been spent. I'm not investing into a mold to sell these damned things. It's something I'm investing for a hood for myself. As I've mentioned a few posts back, I don't want to get into the Mark VIII part business. I really don't feel like dealing with taxes on yet another business.

It would be one of those "You want a hood? Fine, this is the guy you have to call, and this is what it costs to make the hood. Send him the money to cover the hood, and have fun.

And why is that, Geno?

Judging from your past projects timelines, I'm not holding my breath for a Gen II hood from LMS for quite some time.

You'd get a hell of a lot more response if you actually HAD the hood. Come on, you're looking at less than 4000 dollars to make a mold and the first hood.

Actually -- He's right. Ive seen it myself on several occasions. Everyone wants something ---- until it comes time to pay. Know how many t-shirts I have ??

I know you understand that the upfront cost is the big hurdle. $2-$4k upfront is alot to recoup when people dont buy. I looked into doing something like this myself and decided not to because of just that reason.

Exactly Joey, money up front , not out of pocket, sorry im not into having hard earned money just sit and rot.

They REALLY want a hood then it shouldn't be a problem to reach the goal needed to make the hood. We will see.

I bought one of LMS's Cobra R hoods for my 95 LSC... it was excellent quality, fit perfect and used all the stock hood hardware.

What is the count so far?
Ill have everyone send in a Bank money order and when we reach the goal I will forward the money to my glass guy asap and we can get rolling.

We will need a Gen 2 hood to start from.
I have one from a wreck but it is pretty rough. Anyone near Warminster PA want to donate a hood for the cause?

What is the count so far?
Ill have everyone send in a Bank money order and when we reach the goal I will forward the money to my glass guy asap and we can get rolling.

Just let me know when :D :D :D :D

grrrrrrr!!!!! Toooo many irons in the fire...

but I'm gona send ya the money so I have one of the hoods.I'm not even gona use it on the car I'v got.I don't think.? I'm even thinking of changing over to gen 1 cars.Oh well! What the heck.As soon as I get in from work then I'l get the bank check to you Geno.I can do that.One question though.Would you except a Western Union Money order? That's cheaper. ,Thanks,jerry:D

Geno.... sounds like we are getting close... We need to see the final tally of how many payers we need...

If we have enough people to send willing to make this thing happen, does that mean its coming into production, or will it just be this one time ?

I am going to call you later this week...

Hopefully we will have a few things to talk about Geno

And Nitro, This will be just for this run to recover the cost of getting the mold made and all that... after this it shouldn't be a problem to runs of these hoods

Members online

No members online now.
Back