Gen 1 lsc headlights

Gilby959798

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well about a month ago I bought a set of gen 1 lsc headlights off of a fellow member and finally got to cleaning them up. I think the results speak for themselves and now I have to order some hids for her and throw them in. Before:
IMG_20120429_142249.jpg

IMG_20120406_154730.jpg

After:
IMG_20120429_152439.jpg

temp_3.jpg

Nice headlights....also nice virus in LVC

If you're gonna find LSC lights for a gen1, and give up a 98...why not just do what I did. Then you get the awesome enterior, and the cool looking rear end

Minus the cost of a cowl Hood (or egr delete) , if you shop properly, can have everything needed for a couple hundred, plus paint

Looks Great John! I'm glad you took your time and followed my steps. It shows very nicely in your results... now get those suckers in there

Has anyone found a good way to clean the inside of the headlights without taking them apart obviously..

No...even water can rinse away all the chrome inside...depends on its condition...some use dish soap and hot water and just shake it around...

DO NOT WIPE THE INSIDE..NOT EVEN WITH YOUR FINGER

No...even water can rinse away all the chrome inside...depends on its condition...some use dish soap and hot water and just shake it around...

DO NOT WIPE THE INSIDE..NOT EVEN WITH YOUR FINGER

On my old lights I cleaned them out with soap and water, but I'm just more affraid of not getting all the water and condensation out and having little water droplets burn into the chrome..i used a blow gun and all and still its tough to dry them out completly..

Well...blowing them out helps....could also place in a bag with some rice...

Thanks all, i ordered the rest of the stuff I needed to get this little project done yesterday. I am pretty excited to be able to see at night. The car was getting to be a pain to drive especially in the rain and at night. Once this is done its onto the next thing that it needs...

Just a suggestion ...but I'd say find some regular housings and clean them too...I only use my LSC housings for photos and car shows ...way too rare of a part to do things..like kill pigs with ..or maybe helping a fellow motorist install custom dents with..just my .02

Just a suggestion ...but I'd say find some regular housings and clean them too...I only use my LSC housings for photos and car shows ...way too rare of a part to do things..like kill pigs with ..or maybe helping a fellow motorist install custom dents with..just my .02

I would do this but the housings I have now are already cleaned up and "rechromed" but I still cant see at night. In my area it is better for me to see beforehand rather than waiting till its too late. I might try to do what ultimateSVT did and have an extra LSC set on hand but chances are good that my insurance co would total the car and then I would move on to a different car but would possibly keep a bunch of parts on this one. If the body didnt have the rot that it does it might be a different story but for now this is just a commuter for me to get back and forth to work. Once I get a new truck that will serve as my primary DD but that isnt for at least a year.

Members online

No members online now.
Back