Garage day - Austin, TX

Great (but Freezing) Day!!

Well, all I can say is "WOW"!

It's was just me, Lou, and his son putting the magnaflow on. The hardest part of the ENTIRE project was getting the old exhaust off those blasted rubber hangers. But after that, it was just bolting on the new exhaust and doing alittle alignment tweaking.

The first time you start it up, I got a rush and goose bumps. But was really cool is the sound when your laying UNDERNEATH the car and Lou taps the gas so I can check for leaks and your about 12 inches from the pipes. AWESOME!!! (and kinda scary:rolleyes:)

Also, the fact that it was about 40 degF outside and it was raining/light hail/rain/light hail for then entire time made everything alittle slower and harder to do. Nothing like numb fingers and toes.

But what was really awesome was Quik. That car is UNBELIEVABLE!! Seeing it in person was sweet! But I actually got to have a ride in it, rippin down the street! Seeing and Hearing that supercharger made me want to throw one in mine.

All I can say is Thank You Lou. You have a great heart, home, family, and friends. I felt really welcomed while I was there. Thanks for dinner and the beer. Definelty worth the frost bite and cut up knuckles.

Next on my list is new braided steel brake lines. (and that power switch like you have by the ashtray)

That's about it.. We should have taken pics throughout the install, but it just slipped our minds.. When we thought about it, we already had it 90% bolted on.

Oh yeah, Hey Lou here is that link to that oil drain valve I was talking about:
Fumoto Drain Valve

But w/ how low Quik is, I don't know if this would work since it's slightly longer (7/8") than a standard plug(1/2").

Members online

No members online now.
Back