Full LED conversion DDMTuning edition

Shredicus

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I know there are a lot of topics and inquiries floating around about doing a full LED conversion with VLED.com lights. I heard good things about the quality of DDMtuning HID kits and while browsing them decided why not do the whole deal and go for a whole DDMtuning LED conversion. I just wanted to double check with you fellers and make sure I got all my lights correct before pulling the trigger. Vehicle in question is 2003 LS V8.

Total comes out to 156$ for everything but foggies.

Edit: Also do I need to install resistors for turn signals so they dont flash weird?

LSE fogs and reg fogs use different bulbs.

Your bulb list looks correct.

The switchback will fit, BUT, no one has be able to make them work correctly, meaning switch. Only one or teo bought those and they only stay on in one color and dont switch, so maybe you can figure it out. I would do it but I dont have a set of them.

Hmm, yeah looked int othe switchback bulb reviews a bit and this seems to be a pretty common issue. Think I may forego those and spring for the HP18s same as rear instead as I'm not particularly savvy when it comes to wiring electronics.

Will I need resistors for the turn signals or are they plug and play?

Thanks again Alax, you always seem to come to the rescue lol

Np.

They should be plug and play and as long as you put LEDs in all 4 corners for the turn bulbs, you wont get a bulb out message.

Np.

They should be plug and play and as long as you put LEDs in all 4 corners for the turn bulbs, you wont get a bulb out message.

Do you know how it is for Gen 1's? I did led's and when I have the lights on the fronts won't blink and my taillights don't light up. They all only stay on just as normal.

Another question: Would a HID kit work on the fogs and if so is it a good idea to do so or will they irritate other drivers more?

So I see you have HID for the main lights and LED for everything else. Is that because HIDs are brighter? I'm kinda confused about the whole lighting thing and looking to figure it all out. So the HIDs require a ballast, but the LEDs are plug and play? Sorry for the newbness :)

Well LED light are not really suitable for replacing your low beams because they do not offer the same or similar light output as HIDs or halogens. LEDs are mostly just used to replace the ambient lighting of a vehicle as well as brake lights/turn signals because they offer a cleaner and brighter light than the equivalent halogens. Yes HIDs require a ballas box for each bulb, yes LEDs are plug and play but sometimes you need to wire a resistor in to the circuit for them to function properly due to differing loads coming from the LED bulbs compared to the less efficient halogens

Another question: Would a HID kit work on the fogs and if so is it a good idea to do so or will they irritate other drivers more?

Yes they work and no one has complained or flashed me for them. I prefer LEDs in the fogs because they match better, but my LEDs were tweaking out so I put my HIDs back in. The problem with HIDs is when you turn your brights on and off they turn on and off as well. Its not the best thing for HIDs to be turning on and off like that.

Well LED light are not really suitable for replacing your low beams because they do not offer the same or similar light output as HIDs or halogens. LEDs are mostly just used to replace the ambient lighting of a vehicle as well as brake lights/turn signals because they offer a cleaner and brighter light than the equivalent halogens. Yes HIDs require a ballas box for each bulb, yes LEDs are plug and play but sometimes you need to wire a resistor in to the circuit for them to function properly due to differing loads coming from the LED bulbs compared to the less efficient halogens

Gotchya, thank you very much for the information

Yes they work and no one has complained or flashed me for them. I prefer LEDs in the fogs because they match better, but my LEDs were tweaking out so I put my HIDs back in. The problem with HIDs is when you turn your brights on and off they turn on and off as well. Its not the best thing for HIDs to be turning on and off like that.

Hmm well I dont think I'd really be using my brights all that often once I get HIDs for my lows. Where I live there is very little weather to deal with. Good info though, thanks

Gotchya, thank you very much for the information

No problemo

Hmm well I dont think I'd really be using my brights all that often once I get HIDs for my lows. Where I live there is very little weather to deal with. Good info though, thanks

No problemo

That's for gen I only. On gen II, the low beams stay on with the high beams.

Gen1, when you flash your hi beams, the low bema turn off, when the hi beams go off, the low beams come back on.

Gen2, when you flash your hi beams, the lows stay on.

Do you know how it is for Gen 1's? I did led's and when I have the lights on the fronts won't blink and my taillights don't light up. They all only stay on just as normal.

You have 4 LED turn bulbs and they dont flash?

I dont know how different the gen1s are, but for gen2s, when you put LEDs for the brake lights, if you dont put in a pair of resistors, when you turn on your running lights or your lows beams, the brake lights will be on at full brightness so when you press the brakes, they dont go any brighter since they are already at ful brightness. With the resistors in place, when the running lights or low beams are are, the LEDs get dimmed due to the resistor, then when you press the brake, they go to full brightness.

Like I said, I dont know about gen1s, but this is how to make the brake light LEDs work on gen2s

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=68935

Oh right forgot about the tail resistors. I saw the diagram but you wouldnt have happened to have snapped a pic of the actual install would you?

You have 4 LED turn bulbs and they dont flash?

I dont know how different the gen1s are, but for gen2s, when you put LEDs for the brake lights, if you dont put in a pair of resistors, when you turn on your running lights or your lows beams, the brake lights will be on at full brightness so when you press the brakes, they dont go any brighter since they are already at ful brightness. With the resistors in place, when the running lights or low beams are are, the LEDs get dimmed due to the resistor, then when you press the brake, they go to full brightness.

Like I said, I dont know about gen1s, but this is how to make the brake light LEDs work on gen2s

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=68935

Thank You,
I'll give that a shot when I get an opportunity. I picked up some resisters but the wrong size so I will go exchange them.

sheridcus did you wind up ordering this? If so how did it come out im about to do my inteiror leds also. If you did not yet maybe we can get a group buy going

No I unfortunately did not. My money got tied up with maintenance repairs and some stupid traffic ticket from 4 years ago that I paid...4 years ago but they seem to have forgotten. I did just order the HIDs and the trunk LED a couple days ago but not here yet. I will be sure to post pics when I do the full conversion. A group buy would be cool though, let me know if you have any luck with that and I'll try to sort out my finances for it.

yea i know all about the ticket thing. i just finished paying 2 off from 2005. But its whatever. Yea i am going to contact them in the am see if they would do any discount with a big order if not i think i am just going to order mine.

I wasnt going to do this but i just put my hids in and now im itching for everything to look clean and crisp.

oh sweet im glad i found this thread! same car with all the links for me already :p
Any advice? or updates? im probably gonna be putting this order in very soon!

The Gen I uses festoon style bulbs for all interior overhead lights. I've completed my interior and can confirm this.

oh sweet im glad i found this thread! same car with all the links for me already :p
Any advice? or updates? im probably gonna be putting this order in very soon!

Well I still havent done the full LED conversion yet but I did receive and install the trunk LED bulb and the HID kit and they're both very nice.

Looks like the SB60 bulbs I wanted for the tail lights came back in stock too

Members online

Back