Full LED conversion DDMTuning edition

good to know. im just torn on if i want to go BLUE leds inside. it seems more reasonable to do all or notthing with the interior.. i was thinking blue dome lights and white everything else, but i guess when the doors open up it might look silly.

Yeah I would personally do everything one color. The white LED bulb I got for my trunk actually has a nice bluish tint to it if that helps any..

yeah ive seen pics/vids and they do look very nice. ohhh goooshh i hate making LIFE CHANGING decisions like this haha.

One more question if i may. You have the v8 that already had the stock HiD's? Or not? if you did, what kind of difference do you see in your new set?

No my car didnt have factory HIDs. Put them in the halogen housing, leveled them properly, and havent had anyone flash me yet so the glare isnt bad.

ah i see. i have the stock hid's and im contempt. i didnt grab anything for the fogs, but i just placed my order for the LED conversion. i did 1.5w where you went with 1w, and i did 2.5w where you did 2w (but only because there was no 2w option).

hopefully this will help anyone else, made it very easy for me. Only reason i didnt do V-LEDS is because they're sold out on alot of stuff and i'd rather get all the lights in and do everything at once.

ah i see. i have the stock hid's and im contempt. i didnt grab anything for the fogs, but i just placed my order for the LED conversion. i did 1.5w where you went with 1w, and i did 2.5w where you did 2w (but only because there was no 2w option).

hopefully this will help anyone else, made it very easy for me. Only reason i didnt do V-LEDS is because they're sold out on alot of stuff and i'd rather get all the lights in and do everything at once.

Glad it helped. :)

I see they must have sold out of 2w or something. There stock seems to change every so often but the alternatives you picked should be fine.

Take pics of the install and finished product!

Just a random update. i placed me whole order March 25, 2012, 2:25 pm.
My trunk light is shipping and expected here tomorrow the 30th

however the rest of my order is apparently coming out of china? no expected delivery date yet.
"Processed Through Sort Facility
March 29, 2012, 7:03 pm
SUZHOU, CHINA PEOPLES REP

Acceptance
March 28, 2012, 9:11 am
CHINA PEOPLES REP"

Yeah my HIDs from DDM came from China, takes a little while

Youre gonna love the trunk light. Really illuminates the whole trunk which is pretty impressive for a single festoon bulb. Massive improvement over the stock bulb

Yeah my HIDs from DDM came from China, takes a little while

Youre gonna love the trunk light. Really illuminates the whole trunk which is pretty impressive for a single festoon bulb. Massive improvement over the stock bulb

Its even better with 2, one at each corner

Here is a walkaround. I didnt put the Tails or puddle lights in yet but you can see the interior 5k's, turn signals, and plate lights. Stock HiD's too.

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h...Then To Now/?action=view&current=MVI_5139.mp4

Reverse lights
IMG_5122.jpg

IMG_5123.jpg

IMG_5120.jpg

and yeah the reverse lights really do give off light in those horizontal lines, i dont know why?

I will get those switch backs to work on my car... I haven't figured out what the normal operation of the car is though. The standard bulb has two filaments. Do the corner filaments stay on when the light is flashing, or does it alternate? If it stays on, the white LED's will remain lit while the yellows flash. That's not a big deal, but I also know a simple way to make them alternate... not sure which I'd prefer yet.

Have not ordered yet... but when I do, I'll post my findings.

@1mic: Thanks for posting pics! Everything came out really good. Sorry to hear the the license plate lights didnt fit, that's pretty odd. I'll update my main post

@elemino: That would be pretty sweet. Let us know what you find out

The switchbacks have been ordered from DDM. They should be here by mid next week. I've been researching the issue a bit, and I believe I know where the problem lies. I believe a simple modification to each bulb will fix the problem we've been having with them. The good news is, I've looked at the front signals on my '03 with the park lights on. It appears the park light switches off when the signal switches on. If that's truly the case, it means once I do my fix they will alternate white/amber. Not just flash amber like some cars do.

3523_option_image.jpg

I'll be back with the results! Stay tuned...

I can actually get the switch backs to work now, but I'm in the phase of figuring out if I want to do it. It's not easy. I talk about it a bit more in my LED post.

Also, the puddle lights listed on this post are wrong. They're the tube (festoon) bulbs, not the T10s (or whatever).

When the parking lights are on, they are white, but when you use the turn signal, they switch/flash amber.

Members online

Back