FLOWMASTER Exhaust System

UltimateSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Miami, FL(Home of the rust free MARK VIII's
Guys, I just purchased the below seen exhaust piping with Flowmasters included for $100.00. I heard it running while installed on a Gen 2. I'm installing it on my 93. Is there a diferrence between the Gen 1 & Gen 2 Exhaust? One thing's for sure, I need to cut off the original cats so that I can weld the individual pipes to the current pipe leading to the headers. I will have to get some new tips though. The ones currently welded on are OEM Gen 2 tips that are really banged up & stained. This exhaust system has no leaks & works beautifully. Also, what are the benefits from creating an X pipe attachement on this exhaust?

I'll make sure to record a video with some nice audio to upload as soon as I install it.

101_0840sm.jpg

X-pipe will equalize the flow and sound much better. A few have dual X-pipes but one should be sufficient but you don't have to have any if you don't want one. If I had that setup you have laying there, I would have an X-pipe on it. Cut after the high flow cats and then weld there. I could be mistaken but it has been said that an X adds a few HP but it could be a myth. You will get plenty of feedback here on this. I would have bought that inna minute if it would have been local for $100

Looks like you grabbed a great deal! What series flowmasters are they if you know?

X-pipe will equalize the flow and sound much better. A few have dual X-pipes but one should be sufficient but you don't have to have any if you don't want one. If I had that setup you have laying there, I would have an X-pipe on it. Cut after the high flow cats and then weld there. I could be mistaken but it has been said that an X adds a few HP but it could be a myth. You will get plenty of feedback here on this. I would have bought that inna minute if it would have been local for $100

Let's see how much the muffler shop tells me it will cost to install+ the x pipe+ the new tips. If it is within my budget, i'm definitely having them do the x pipe. Oh & yes, it was from a local guy with a wrecked Gen 2.

Looks like you grabbed a great deal! What series flowmasters are they if you know?

Yes, trust me dude, I'm very well aware & almost scared of the deal I got. I'm waiting for the former owner to call me asking for more money!
As for the series, I'm not sure but for that price? A true dual from the headers back? If I'm not happy with the series, I'll change those out later.;)

Looks good, add a couple xx's and get a bottle of Aspirin too.:D

There is a small difference in the Gen 1 to Gen 2 piping I just can't remember what it is.

XpipeHpipeOpipe..
just make sure you put "some form" of Crossover in there.

do NOT do true duals, it'll sound like a "hay hauling pickup".
^been there done that.

I then put an H pipe in and the car went faster and sounded better.
Then later fabbed in a crossover where the pipes come close together and it sounded better and went faster.

Just say "no" to true duals.

Also.. unless you have the stainless flowmasters.. the insides are gonna "go away" with the amount of moisture the mark 8 pumps thru the exhaust.

I went thru two sets of flowmasters before I moved to a SS magnaflow

There is a small difference in the Gen 1 to Gen 2 piping I just can't remember what it is.

Dude, don't scare me like that. I'm hoping it's not something too drastic that will make this set up garbage. I'm hoping I can use 90% of this pipping. I know I have to do the x pipe for sure then, just don't know how much it's going to cost me.

XpipeHpipeOpipe..
just make sure you put "some form" of Crossover in there.

Just say "no" to true duals.

Also.. unless you have the stainless flowmasters.. the insides are gonna "go away" with the amount of moisture the mark 8 pumps thru the exhaust.

I went thru two sets of flowmasters before I moved to a SS magnaflow

I know FLOWMASTERS suck when it comes to moisture, I'm hoping I can have them on there for 8 months or so.

You are gonna need a h-pipe or an x-pipe or it will sound like poop and drone worse then it would with a crossover pipe. It has been proven time and time again that the 4.6 benefits from a h or x pipe because it causes a scaveging effect and will help to pull a slight vacumme into the opposite pipe of the one that just fired helping to accelerate the exhaust flow.
You can see a 3-5 hp difference with one vs without. Also because those pipes are so long and straight they will humm untill your head explodes (not really but like Geno said have some asprin in the car) and the drone will drive you nuts. A shop would prolly charge less to make an h-pipe cause all they gotta do is notch a hole into the existing pipe and slap a small piece across them. An H-pipe sounds a bit deeper then a x pipe butthe x pipe flows better and will have a 1-2hp advantage. The double x design is great because it cancels out allot of frequencies causeing even less drone. IDK what Geno sells the double x for but I would ask. You could also prolly get a couple x pipes from Summit for around $35 http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BIG-53620FLT/

Anyway, look foreward to hearing it when its done. :)

the 4.6 benefits from a h or x pipe because it causes a scaveging effect and will help to pull a slight vacumme into the opposite pipe of the one that just fired helping to accelerate the exhaust flow.
Also because those pipes are so long and straight they will humm untill your head explodes (not really but like Geno said have some asprin in the car) and the drone will drive you nuts.
Anyway, look foreward to hearing it when its done. :)

I have to agree 100%, I'll start off with the H-Pipe joining first since it'll be cheap & quick. I have to install this ASAP & below is the reason why...

Ok, ready for this? You guys want to talk about drone?...........

Look @ the picture below of my car. Look very carefully, there are NO MUFFLERS... The former SPECIAL owner (freaken retard) cut the exhaust pipe right after the resonator in the middle under the car right under the CENTER CONSOLE!!! Didn't even have the descency to install a dump cone at the end, it's just pointed straight back. That thing is annoying & I've been driving it this way for about 5 weeks now, so guys, it will be a HUGE improvement once the exhaust reaches all the way to the back. I won't need my ear plugs anymore!:rolleyes:

101_0648small.jpg

buy an x-pipe off ebay. i got 2 of them on my car each were $24

nice find, any decent shop wil be able to adapt that to your car.

couldnt help but notice the cutouts on the rear bumper.... is that a :shifty:panther edition:shifty:

couldnt help but notice the cutouts on the rear bumper.... is that a :shifty:panther edition:shifty:

YES! It's a "Panter Smedition" & the worst part is that the former owner had the car painted but refused to get rid of the side logos so he had the shop paint around the logos. I can't take those turds off!:mad:

I only eliminated one catalitic conv. out of the 3. It's super quiet. I'll probably remove the other 2 in the next couple weeks or so. Feels great though, if you recall, I explained that the exhaust was cut under the center console so I was dealing with that horrible noise for over 6 weeks.!

I have the duals with one X-pipe and on occassion it will droan bad. I'm going to put another one in there at some point.

Well, one of my Flows is aparently rotted inside! It sounds pretty bad(passenger side only), kinda like a mid 90's V6 Oldsmobile Cutlass with a bad muffler, lol. What do you guys think I should go with & how much of a difference in price between each? Dynomax? MagnaFlow? FlowMaster?

Our mufflers are on sale right now cheapest in our History.

Do you guys make those with a single tip on each muffler? I'm not a fan of those dual tipped mufflers on a dual exhaust setup. Also, what's the price? I've heard your system before & I've always loved it but never had my pockets deep enough for them. I get a good discount at the place I go to locally in Miami on Flowmasters.

Mufflers are $170.00 shipped. We can get the single ovals but there more a square oval.

Ok, you are making me jizz in my pants... You stated muffler(s) as in both mufflers are $170????:eek: Can you send me a picture of the oval/square tip muffler? If this is the case & I like what I see, I'll order them from you this week!

If the mufflers are only $170 shipped then how much do you charge just for the double x pipe shipped?

XX's went up from my supplier and the new muffler man got me UNREAL deals on low quanity orders so we dropped the muffler pricing dramatically.

XX's went up from my supplier and the new muffler man got me UNREAL deals on low quanity orders so we dropped the muffler pricing dramatically.

Alright dude, you are scarring us with the XX's... but let us have it. How much are we talking here? I need to know if I can order these pipes + mufflers or the mufflers only this Friday. I'm hoping you can give me good news. You can reply here or PM me if you wish. Thanks.

Members online

Back