FINALLY... new sub.

Yeah, birch ply.

Although I do not think it's birch ply's all the way through.

You are getting birch ply, right?

Normal plywood is a joke for box construction. Also I rec

yea, chipboard or particle board wont work good at all, it will just fall apart from the vibrations.

Sorry the last post was cutOff. I edited it. This is fron mymphone and im haven issues. Haha

really, how many SQ comps have you won with your ported boxes? every comp ive been to ive seen sealed boxes that take the cake, you do know that there is a difference between SQ & SPL right?

Im fully aware of the difference.. dont worry pics coming soon.

yea, i can see how too many words would start to get to you.

Boy did you pick the wrong person to underestimate intellectually.

yep, you right there, i guess its hard to be able to tell which one of my comments you where challenging, sine you quoted a couple of different ones with no direction to them, my bad. i will try to better decipherer the meaning of your comments by reading your mind next time, cool?

Ur only valid point.. ur right i didnt clarify what part i was talking about.. but its stated now.

No, that clearly started when you thought that you HU was super sweet because its over 8 inches ("biggest on the market")

Thats bull:q:q:q:q.. i cleary stated that im in no way saying this unit is the best out there.. i said it just wasnt basic. And a 8.5 inch head unit is pretty sweet.. :cool:

Pete, I have some felt leftover from Parts-Express that matches the OEM LS trunk interior perfectly. I can send it your way if you want. It's fairly cheap if you want to buy a small roll of it (depending on the size of your box).

Warning - slight thread hi-hack

I have a 12" Kicker L7 Solobaric 2ohm Dual Voice Coil sub in a Kicker factory ported box that I'm getting ready to post in the Parts for Sale section. I'd probably let it go for $185 plus shipping, which is a lot less than what I paid for it. If you have decent power, and want a lot of Boom, then this thing will deliver. The only reason I didn't use it is that I wanted to keep my factory sub tray/cover in the car. Due to its size, you WILL need to at least remove the tray (if you have factory subs) if you want to put this in your trunk.

Additional thread de-rail here. I'll say this - I'm one of Loud's satisfied customers, and my system would be nowhere as good as what it is now without his help and expertise. The limitation was probably the sub-standard components that I had for him to work with - Alpine main amp, Kicker sub amp, and Alpine R subs. I'm not going to win any competitions with my system, but Loud helped me install exactly what I wanted at the time.

As long as he's in the general area, I'm not trusting my audio stuff with anyone else.

Thanks again, Loud and as previously stated - You Rock!

As long as he's in the general area, I'm not trusting my audio stuff with anyone else.

If we were in the general area u wuld trust us also.. cus at the end of the day wat matters is quality right?

And hey loud.. i see ur in michigan.. im in peoria. how about we meet in like chicago.. Six flags parking lot and we can have a bump off.. recorded and everything.. u bring ur theories and ill bring mine. Record it.. upload it here and let LVC members decide. U down?!:D

All I can say is that once I find something/someone that IS providing that quality, I'm loyal until I have a reason not to be.

And hey loud.. i see ur in michigan.. im in peoria. how about we meet in like chicago.. Six flags parking lot and we can have a bump off.. recorded and everything.. u bring ur theories and ill bring mine. Record it.. upload it here and let LVC members decide. U down?!:D

fine, but put you subs in sealed boxes, since mine are too, as i didn't build this car for SPL, if you can hit 155db with two subs in sealed boxes in a trunked car, then you can talk to me.

fine, but put you subs in sealed boxes, since mine are too, as i didn't build this car for SPL, if you can hit 155db with two subs in sealed boxes in a trunked car, then you can talk to me.

lol.. i hit 144 now with ONE amp..:lol: Just bought another 1500 class d.. one on each sub.. yea i think i can hit 155. :lol:

He is talking sealed though, stack. You have a vented enclosure.

lol.. i hit 144 now with ONE amp..:lol: Just bought another 1500 class d.. one on each sub.. yea i think i can hit 155. :lol:
wow, my one amp had no problem hitting 155 and change, in a sealed box.

well then according to your infinite load of wisdom...
Well im sealed right now but ill be going to ported soon.
expect at least a 6db gain when u do! :cool:
if i was to switch out to ported boxes, that would put me in the 160 land, and if you think you can jump over 15 Db on the high side by just doubling you power, your flat out crazy.

wow, my one amp had no problem hitting 155 and change, in a sealed box.

well then according to your infinite load of wisdom...

if i was to switch out to ported boxes, that would put me in the 160 land, and if you think you can jump over 15 Db on the high side by just doubling you power, your flat out crazy.

Again.. let me spell it out for u. I CLEARY stated in the other post u stuck ur funky ass nose in that my system was NOT FINISHED and im already hitting 144db with my amp with the gain just a little over halfway up. And thats with one 1500 class D mono block between 2 subs so thats 750 per sub. My subs are rated at 1000 Rms and 1800 peak each. So if I slap another mono block in there and run the subs and amp to 1 ohm with 1500 per sub u damn right i can jump 15db.You have no idea what I have or what I plan on adding. So Please just shut tha hell up. And make sure we set a date when my system is complete so I can embarrass ur ass at sixflags. And when we're done we can :Beer Or :F

And Oh.. why dont u upload a vid of ur "killer system" since your the king of music.. let us see it in action. Ill Wait.

with my amp with the gain just a little over halfway up.

so you have a 13 volt signal running into an amp with its gain halfway up, sounds about right.

And Oh.. why dont u upload a vid of ur "killer system" since your the king of music.. let us see it in action. Ill Wait.[/B]
sorry bro, i which i could upload anything through dial up, but thats the price you have to pay to own land out in the country.

so you have a 13 volt signal running into an amp with its gain halfway up, sounds about right.

sorry bro, i which i could upload anything through dial up, but thats the price you have to pay to own land out in the country.

So let me get this straight.. You rag on my set up that i was nice enough to share for all to see.. but when asked to show ur "killer 155db system with one amp in a sealed box" You say you cant upload anything because your in the country? I thought u lived in Michigan?? YOU CANT BE SERIOUS! I know there has to be SOME place in Michigan that u can upload a vid.. Lol. Can anyone other than the dude who said Loud installed his music vouch for this killer system? lol :lol::bsflag:

Man we all just need to meet get drunk and shoot some pool or something.

I just gave my humble opinion on headunits didnt mean to start a pissing match.

Man we all just need to meet get drunk and shoot some pool or something.

I just gave my humble opinion on headunits didnt mean to start a pissing match.

Lol.. Im all for it.. See What You Started?! lol.. :lol:

I'm all for that too... Either get wasted and be friends, or get wasted and brawl. Either way, I'm game :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back