FINALLY... new sub.

pektel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So, after a hell of a long time, I finally pulled the trigger on a new sub.

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

DC Audio Level 4 12" sub. Dual 2 ohm VC's to run at 1 ohm.

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/woofers.html

Dam that's going to be some serious pound! Post some vids if you can when you get it installed.

Vids will definitely happen. Don't know how long it will take to build a box though. I've never done it before, but am handy with woodworking stuff. I have a table saw and all the goodies to make it.

Sub was $275 shipped. They have increased in price, but they still honored the original price they gave me.

Amp is a Directed D2400 (rated 1200rms @ 1 ohm). I've heard that this sub will handle that easily, even though it is only rated 1000wrms/2000wrms max.

lol. No April fool's this time. Sumbish is heavy too. Something like 30 lbs.

Nice big boy sub.

Those things are champs. Building a bOx is easy. Just getting it to ft in the awkward trunk is time consuming.

Thanks, Andy. I am going to go with a vented enclosure I think. Just don't know the specifics of vent size/volume/etc.

Hey Pete, nice sub too.

Not to get off topic but you are in the cabinetry and countertop business, right?

If so, at some point I want to do my countertops.

We talked about it last summer, but we were pretty schnockered lol.

Are you really in the cabinetry business? I've worked at a cabinet shop since I was 14.

Retail. I'm part owner of a retail cabinetry/plumbing/flooring/windows business.

I do installs too, but I've never built more than a couple cabinets.

Well if you are doing a slot port, around 25-30 square inches of port area will suffice.

I would just use an aero IMO.

So, I have no problem with aeros. Easier to switch tuning if I like, instead of having to rebuild an entire box. Should I go with 2 4" or a single 6"? 2 4's would be cheaper. partsexpress has the 4" one for $10. The 6" tube is $30.

its not that much of a difference, two 4" ports have an area a little over 25 square inches, and a single 6" port has an area a little over 28 square inches. i think it comes down more to looks than anything. if anything the single 6 would have a slightly less chance for wind noise and the port itself would be slightly shorter but not much at all.

I was talking to Andrizzle earlier today, and he told me to just get 1 4" port, so I did.

Think that will be enough? Or now since I got that one already, should I add a second?

Members online

No members online now.
Back