F this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missing Linc'

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Im tired of waiting to hear from Ills to get a tune, sure I know hes busy and all but whatever, mail order tunes dont seem to enticing to me anyways so, Im going to Ted Jannetty of Jannetty Raing Ent. Inc. to get a custom tune on the dyno and all.. Not that any of you know who he is.. Probably just wasting my time posting this..

I haven't heard of anyone getting a true dyno tune for their LS yet. It should be interesting to see what he can do for you.

Im tired of waiting to hear from Ills to get a tune, sure I know hes busy and all but whatever, mail order tunes dont seem to enticing to me anyways so, Im going to Ted Jannetty of Jannetty Raing Ent. Inc. to get a custom tune on the dyno and all.. Not that any of you know who he is.. Probably just wasting my time posting this..

I know who he is...Ted's a good guy and helluva tuner

he has alot and I mean alot of experience with SCT software....he's big in the SRT community...he hasn't touched my Stage 3 SRT4 but has tuned some of my friends SRT's with both canned tunes and dyno tunes and I can attest to the viability of them...one previously well running 50 trim picked up 29 whp with one of his tunes...I've been in the car and the driveability got better as well

I guess your driving up to the shop in Conn. for the dyno tune...he's always running dyno package specials for us SRT guys

Dont know the name but having the car on the spot as well as Dyno tuned does wonders anyway!

Good luck dude! You also could go straight to Torrie, he was the man at one point:)

I saw Vernon and I assumed it was NY...good luck with the tune...though luck is not a variable with Ted

Again the whole "mail order tune" thing comes into play.. Hence why NYC's LS got slower after he got his tunes.. Granted one car can benefit, that doesnt mean all will..

I saw Vernon and I assumed it was NY...good luck with the tune...though luck is not a variable with Ted

Yea I got a referral from some Mustang guys in my area and they said its night and day compared to the Diablosports and everything else thats just out of the box so I can only imagine what could actually be done to this thing..

Oh and nice sig haha

Again the whole "mail order tune" thing comes into play.. Hence why NYC's LS got slower after he got his tunes.. Granted one car can benefit, that doesnt mean all will..

Very true, lots of variables from one car to another regardless of the same year, make and model, even geographical local can make a difference not? Other things like general wear and tear of specific parts do play role.

Thats why I said having the car on the spot and a dyno tune is a great choice. I just feel Torrie being the guy that got it started could so something for you if needs be. But if you can get on that dyno why bother.

I agree fully Werner, if I knew how to get a hold of Torrie back when I still had time to get to the track I would have but yea, Im just gonna take it to Ted, get it dialed in and then pop it in storage till next season..

Just some information i know...

I was looking to get a tune and got the chance to talk to him. He let me know that he would be out of town for most of october. thats probably whats taking so long, he let me know he WOULDNT have access to his equipment while he was gone, therefor he cant possibly give you a tune.

maybe its his fault for not letting you know, but ILLS seems like a great guy to me. Hes tuned many cars and some say hes the best to do it. Just know the reason he hasnt gotten you a tune is most likly because hes been out of town, he said something like oct 4th to the 24th.

Just some information i know...

I was looking to get a tune and got the chance to talk to him. He let me know that he would be out of town for most of october. thats probably whats taking so long, he let me know he WOULDNT have access to his equipment while he was gone, therefor he cant possibly give you a tune.

maybe its his fault for not letting you know, but ILLS seems like a great guy to me. Hes tuned many cars and some say hes the best to do it. Just know the reason he hasnt gotten you a tune is most likly because hes been out of town, he said something like oct 4th to the 24th.

Bob is a stand up guy...a truly amiable person

that.s awesome, missing linc. i wish there were someone like him in my area. i would definitely go that way, as opposed to canned tunes. i feel there should be more available performance to open up if one were to go your route.

let me know if they take the tc into account with the tuning.

Pete check out SCT's ProTuner software, start doing your own stuff perhaps?

that.s awesome, missing linc. i wish there were someone like him in my area.

have you search for a dealer on their site recently? there are 7 dealers within 50miles of me - 4 with inhouse dynos. Now that they added both Dodge and GM to the tuning, they have a lot of adoption.

Pete check out SCT's ProTuner software, start doing your own stuff perhaps?

I've thought about it. I think I would also need a good wideband o2 sensor for decent datalogging. Probably around 6-700 all together for software and incidentals. And, I'd still like to put it on a dyno at some point.

have you search for a dealer on their site recently? there are 7 dealers within 50miles of me - 4 with inhouse dynos. Now that they added both Dodge and GM to the tuning, they have a lot of adoption.

I have not. I've only searched for general speed shops with a dyno. I'll go check out their site. Thanks for the tip!

Why do you rag on him so much? Id much rather have an SRT8 than the LS, as far as aftermarket goes at least...

He can rag on me all he wants. I mean, the second half of his user name pretty much tells it all.

Besides, I don't take much stock in what someone who's added absolutely nothing to this forum says.

I've thought about it. I think I would also need a good wideband o2 sensor for decent datalogging. Probably around 6-700 all together for software and incidentals. And, I'd still like to put it on a dyno at some point.

the other issue with doing it yourself.... finding a place to do a 120mph run.

you find a spot, pull up, launch the datalogging, then punch it....

it's hard to find places that are suitable and will not land you in jail.

lol. true.

I just sent an email to the closest SCT dealer to me. About 150 miles away. They do have an in-house dyno.

He can rag on me all he wants. I mean, the second half of his user name pretty much tells it all.

Besides, I don't take much stock in what someone who's added absolutely nothing to this forum says.

He added some new members to the forum. wink wink.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back