Exhaust sound clips

oh, and a question, i know exactly what it is, but why does the "resonator" on the exhaust system deaden the sound...or at least make it sound like butt? you would think with such a name it would improve on the resonant note of your exhaust...go figure.

on a sidenote, i was so shocked the other day that my friend with his supercoupe told that 95's didnt come with an LSD....i cracked the case, finally got the cover around my exhaust(im good like that) and wow...he was right...so i know im in the wrong forum to look for one...ill just quit now. goodnight

We finally got it together:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Roadboss001

Engine 2 A.jpg

Just curious, has anyone done a sound clip of just the new K&N intake, on an LS, from inside? I would be curious to know what it sounds like, before installing one(or paying for it, for that metter).

Probably not in this thread since it's Mark VIII specific ;)

Do a search on YouTube. You might find someting there.

Roadboss your mark is awsome, I cant wait to do my eaton conversion. You need to post some vids of that bad boy at the track

I smell a Gen ll with a Whipple coming out of Detroit so don't jump for the Eaton just yet. You may be reading about a real big jump soon.

I would love to see that, I like the whipples much better since they are more ford friendly. Thanks for the Info roadboss I will keep an eye out for that one.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9210953444565619077

The pipes were only about a week old when this vid was taken, everyone tells me that the entire range of rpm has gotten louder since then.

Pretty quiet on the inside though, I got one of my buddies to make a half throttle pass by me just so I could make sure it had enough volume, after I heard it from that angle I almost think it may be too loud..

Anyone ever try putting mufflers further upstream the exhaust? Never heard a mark like that, but several mustangs and other cars I've heard with mufflers further upstream sounded quite good with really no drone.

My friend has a camera that can video my exhuast. I have 1st two gutted cats, 2.25 dual pipes, mufflers(flowmaster 40 series) just after trans then out to crome tips. I like it. Every body I drive by likes it. I will post a clip of it as soon as I can.

Ive searched all over and still cannot find a sound clip of a 2in2 out magnaflow x muffler with straight pipes out the back, only thing I found was the white mark on you tube, can someone please post a 2.5inch 2in2out magnaflow with straight pipes, I got some money and everyone has this set up Is it loud? What gains have been found? And if its not loud enough has anyone thrown dynomax bullets were the stock mufflers were on top of having the 2.5 magnaflow exhuast?

Kooks headers ,no cats,single 3.5'' with dynomax muffler Video.Not too loud at idle but it screams at WOT

Here is my idea, kooks headers, hi-flow cats, x pipe,magnaflow 2 in 2 out resonator, and LMS mufflers. will this setup work alright or is it too much?
Let me know what you guys think.

Ive searched all over and still cannot find a sound clip of a 2in2 out magnaflow x muffler with straight pipes out the back, only thing I found was the white mark on you tube, can someone please post a 2.5inch 2in2out magnaflow with straight pipes, I got some money and everyone has this set up Is it loud? What gains have been found? And if its not loud enough has anyone thrown dynomax bullets were the stock mufflers were on top of having the 2.5 magnaflow exhuast?

my blue 93 was 2.5 in and out dual and a magnaflow x pipe with 2.5 pipes into 2.5 bullets, i'll see if the file still plays on putfile.

http://media.putfile.com/93-exhaust-002

Here is my old car on the dyno at Carlisle a few years ago. 242RWHP, and 274RWTQ with just an exhaust......double x pipe, 2.5 inch tubing, 2 assassin mufflers (from Geno....but no longer available), and the third cat removed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back