Exhaust sound clips

By reading your description, I think thats not actual "drone" you are hearing on take-off.. just the sound of the muffler. I'd define "drone" as more of an irritating, sickening frequency that seems to fill the entire cabin. Is that what you hear?

Any chance of a video clip from the inside? ;)

I'm lovin' the exhaust clips. The Mark VIII is what made me fall in love with Lincoln in the first place. I'll never forget my first experience in one, I had to hold on tight! In 1995 I was shown that a Lincoln can kick some serious as*! I would have bought one if it had 2 more doors. Hard to get a baby seat in and out of those! I wish the LS would sound a little more aggressive. Mine doesn't sound nearly as good as those. Guess you gotta have the CIDs.:headbang:

seanklsc said:
I have the LMS kit (k&n, 80mm, icebox). Isn't it made by C&L anyway?

Can you describe the drone? One of the reasons I'm redoing it is to make for a more pleasurable cabin experience... I may just have to go with two Magnaflow mufflers.

Yes our version of the maf kit is manufactured for us by C&L and we figured out the proper balance tube for the kit to work properly with the Mark VIII.

You have our xx pipe and mufflers with 2.5 inch piping and you have drone?

If so then tack weld the 2 pipes together where they almost touch through the gas tank. This will "solidify" the two and reduce or eliminater ANY drone from harmonics. I have never heard one of our systems drone, thats why we use the xx pipe dso it helps reduce this dramatically.

Im sorry but i have never heard a better sound than a bassani system, unfortunatly i have not heard one on a mark, though....this mach1 should say it all for me

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottestvideos/5/54dd9b7e-30c5-41f3-a19e-6ce50fe324b1.htm

a nice little twang with light throttle, and a bite that will rip off your face at WOT, still while being relitively quiet at idle. Thats what im gonna invest in when i get the money for a full exhaust. I think it would sound even better comming from a lincoln :)

The Stang and Mark are apples and oranges since the Marks mufflers are at the end of the equation with NO piping after and the Stang has piping both before and after therefore changing the exhaust note DRAMATICALLY.

Im sorry but i have never heard a better sound than a bassani system, unfortunatly i have not heard one on a mark, though....this mach1 should say it all for me

Hell yeah :gr_devil:

The only problem with Bassani is you need to bring your goddamn wallet to the table!

evillally said:
Hell yeah :gr_devil:

The only problem with Bassani is you need to bring your goddamn wallet to the table!

tell me about it.

ONEBADMK8 said:
The Stang and Mark are apples and oranges since the Marks mufflers are at the end of the equation with NO piping after and the Stang has piping both before and after therefore changing the exhaust note DRAMATICALLY.

not to be a smart a$$ G, but there are quite a few runnin the muffler well before the rear with the 2x2 setup.

its realy not all that dramatic of a diffrence either, theres about another 10" of piping over the mark, while more than nothing, it certiantly isnt a before axle muffler.

Do it side by side and listen. I have. It is very dramatically different. Thats ALOT of pipe to do some sound killing.

MediumD said:
Yeah... it says Bassani headers and X-pipe with a Magnaflow catback... not precisely a Bassani system :p

yea yea, i couldnt find a clip of one with full bassani, but if you hear one in person youll know it. It has its own distinct sound.

The mufflers are polished SS Magnaflows with custom mandrel bent 2 1/2" SS pipe

http://media.putfile.com/themarkexhaust

TheMarkExhaust17 (Medium).jpg

TheMarkExhaust10.jpg

TheMarkExhaust.jpg

How do you think 20" long 4" in dia. tips would change the exhaust note on my car along with the cats being gone? I want it to be hella loud and raspier.

I like the sound of the bullets!! Where did you get them? What tips are those? Sorry about all the questions.

Anyone ever try putting mufflers further upstream the exhaust? Never heard a mark like that, but several mustangs and other cars I've heard with mufflers further upstream sounded quite good with really no drone.

Anyone ever try putting mufflers further upstream the exhaust? Never heard a mark like that, but several mustangs and other cars I've heard with mufflers further upstream sounded quite good with really no drone.

My friend has that. Lets just say that he likes it and thats all that matters to him....

my setup...sort of.

okay, well not to sound bad or anything but i had/have owned an 86 mark VII for years and the guy at meineke talked me into putting 40 series flowmasters and 2.25" piping...from the 4!! cats back...i totally didnt like the work (left pipe rubbed gas tank cover, right rubbed body) either way i didnt think it was anywhere near loud enough. but some idiot decided to t-bone me in a truck about two years ago to date, and a month later i came upon a 1995 pearl white mark VIII LSC. maybe a month or two later i decided that it was time for the modifications. i went ahead and sawzalled the stock mufflers, and ran no mufflers for 8 months...no biggie.
then when inspection time came around i went ahead and tacked up my old 40 series to the stock pipe...yuck. i went searching around on here and i deeply considered geno's mufflers (I think they sound freakin awesome) but somehow i came to the decision of putting on 2.5" pipe from the middle of my doors back, to some dynomax bullet race mufflers..backed by some 4" truck tips off my suburban that were 21" long and i chopped them to 14.5". i have some pics in my gallery but the videos were lost due to my brother ruining my camcorder. no x pipe...yet, i dont know which to go with, and just a K&N panel filter. anyhow, ill be back, this has gone on long enough. take care.

Members online

No members online now.
Back