EMBLEMS (custom)

All jokes aside green emblems with green calipers on black might look hot.

Face can no doubt hook you up with any combination of colors for the emblems. I think black has so many more options as far as color combinations.

I'll be changing emblems like I change shoes haha!

@diskfunktional

Is that a Lincoln star necklace hanging above your dash?

Honestly, its off my 96 Lincoln Town Car Diamond Anniversary edition that I totalled in 2006. Its the hood emblem I found it I sht you not at the scene of the accident exactly 1yr later smashed into the gravel. I'm not lying/exaggerating when I saw a "twinkle" off the emblem and just decided to see what may have been left there. The accident scene was maybe 1/2mi from my house so I drove by it everyday. That car saved my life and I guess you can say its my lucky reminder.

Honestly, its off my 96 Lincoln Town Car Diamond Anniversary edition that I totalled in 2006. Its the hood emblem I found it I sht you not at the scene of the accident exactly 1yr later smashed into the gravel. I'm not lying/exaggerating when I saw a "twinkle" off the emblem and just decided to see what may have been left there. The accident scene was maybe 1/2mi from my house so I drove by it everyday. That car saved my life and I guess you can say its my lucky reminder.

That's crazy. You're lucky it was still there.

It looks pretty good sitting on the dash.

Actually put me in for a couple pink with back background.. Or a metallic black background.. oooh yeah.. And some clear ones too.. and ...

nice . when are they going to be available for general public?

Not soon enough apparently, but soon. I need a few spare bucks yet to get stuff for a new mold.

Face can no doubt hook you up with any combination of colors for the emblems. I think black has so many more options as far as color combinations.

I'll be changing emblems like I change shoes haha!

Face..?! What do you think of the emblems mounted on the car? Pretty good looking right?

They look great on the car! I agree that it doesn't fit so well in the front. I will have lots of colors available! I'm starting my Krylon paint collection ;) and I will make a bunch of emblems painted different color so everyone can see what they like.

Nice work! I'm looking forward to ordering a few of these myself.

And I'm sure I read this before, but to change the emblem on the grille or surround, you just have to heat it up and they pop off?

^That makes it easier thats for sure. Basically your just heading up the adhesive for easier pulling. That and I used a gasket/ring puller which got right in there and popped it out.

^That makes it easier thats for sure. Basically your just heading up the adhesive for easier pulling. That and I used a gasket/ring puller which got right in there and popped it out.

Thanks - now how bout you pop out those black and red emblems and send them to me so I can see how they look on a black LS? :rolleyes:

Lol well I actually only have one installed right now on the rear :) But I couldn't do that to Face. The ones I have are purely beginning stages..they still just look so good.

I'll make you a deal. Pop out those eibach springs and I'll pop out my badges for you ;)

But I'm sure he doesn't want anything but perfect badges out there. He'll take care of you for sure

JMO but that would have looked spot on if you had painted the emblem silver to match with a red star.

Lincoln would have been smart to match the emblems to the grill on models with paint matched grill surrounds.

Black with the red came out really nice, looks good on your car Disk, when are these going to be for sale?

I want to get these out ASAP but I have a lot going on right now and working 3 jobs to get some of this financial stuff taken care of! May for sure though!!!

Well some good new towards the progress of the emblems. I needed pressure pot to make my parts high quality and I just picked one up from Ebay for $50 shipped! It should even be big enough do parts the size of the grill too!!! :D

3 jobs??

Thats two more than me...crazy. I just work overtime.

AWESOME work so far FACE.
Your my hero on the forums right now lol
Cant wait till ya get em finished so i can order a set or two.

Also, I was reading in a post here on this topic. and heating the emblem will get it out??
I had my whole rear surround out the car the other week while tinting the reverse lights as i had wanted to fix my nasty faded one with one i bought off LSK...but turns out the emblem they sent is jsut the plastic star and not the filler chrome star...so i gave up there anyways n just put it back together.
But i couldnt even remove the old star with out fear of breaking the whole rear surround. But heating it could solve this???

Yeah they are just stuck on with double sided tape so heating it will help. I have always just slowly pried them off. The LSK are kind of crap IMHO because they are just an acrylic piece with a colored back and they don't even have the same curve as a stock emblem, I don't believe.

It's basically the same as removing a badge off your tail lights. Just get a hair dryer and heat up the double sided tape behind the emblem. The safest way would be to use thin fishing line with tooth picks to push the line behind the emblem. Once its heated up enough it should pull right off. Just don't apply direct heat..use some common sense when heating it up haha

Yeah they are just stuck on with double sided tape so heating it will help. I have always just slowly pried them off. The LSK are kind of crap IMHO because they are just an acrylic piece with a colored back and they don't even have the same curve as a stock emblem, I don't believe.

ya i noticed that they really dont look like origional ones. Big bummer since i ordered 2 and didnt know this. So it definatly looks like im a be buying a chrome set (anything close to an original looking one outt ur work would be sick) and prolly a Green set from ya when ur ready to disperse unto the community and i get my paint job done.

Members online

No members online now.
Back