EMBLEMS (custom)

Still here, haven't been on in a week or two because I've been working so much. Still hoping to have a finished product by the end of the month for all to see....and buy! I'll post pics when I have something to post.

KICKASS work man!! YES the Cobrastar is our official company logo that I designed back in 1997 so the use of that NOT being uesed would be greatly appriciated, we have chrome cobrastar overlays that will work on the LS too ya know. We have had them for about oh say 7 years now? Any color and cobo.

KICKASS work man!! YES the Cobrastar is our official company logo that I designed back in 1997 so the use of that NOT being uesed would be greatly appriciated, we have chrome cobrastar overlays that will work on the LS too ya know. We have had them for about oh say 7 years now? Any color and cobo.

You mean overlays that go over the grille emblem? Pics?

Haven't heard from Face in awhile! I owe him some garage time for helping me with my sway bar bushings. I'll get a hold of him now and see if things are still going well for him and his LSE

Yes its the same as the ones we sell for the Mark VIII's. I do not have any pics of the LS installed. Heres some Mark VIII shots. I actually have a new order of these coming in I can get the size needed for another run of the LS if anyone is interested.

trunklockcover1a.jpg

I was trying to get a cobrastar emblem made to fit in place of the ls emblem, I even contacted you about it, I didn't you already had them available. Thats pretty cool.

I'll take a pair. PM'd

Checked your Ebay store. Nothing listed. Where can I order the LS ones and what is the price? THANKS!

Who is Face?

I've been calling him "Face" from A-team ever since he joined up. Basically a mix up of his screen name that turned into a nickname... I'm sure he prefers I use that other than his real name. I talked to him a couple days ago and he said that he's been working 80+hrs a week and hasn't had much time to work on his projects. To bad I hope to see him around soon

Lol its all good man. Its just to bad he's got to work so much we're missin out on some good products. But money talks

We do have the small Cobrastars in chrome, the ones for our trunk lock cover kits, mayve these can be used on the interrior?

didn't want to go through 7 pages... whats your plan...

I was casting emblems that were clear and paintable. They look just like the originals but are a blank slate. Plus I know originals aren't always the easiest to come by. From there I can attempt embedded LEDs for backlit emblems and other neat things.

I dropped the project a few years ago for numerous reasons. Tonight though I was researching methods again and since I still have product I want to start it back up with new techniques I've learned.

Beyond emblems I had some ideas for a custom grille and rear surround. I would also be able to make other random plastic parts. Gen1 clear tails anyone? Eventually I'd like to be able to duplicate an LSE body kit and make some of my own designs but that would not be made with the same processes as emblems and the other items.

sure, let me know when you have some emblem samples done... I'd like some more cobrastars, but in a 3d emblem, not a sticker.

sure, let me know when you have some emblem samples done... I'd like some more cobrastars, but in a 3d emblem, not a sticker.

I do not have rights to the Corbastar design. I don't think it is trademarked or anything but last time I talked with the guy he wouldn't give permission to use his design and I'm not about ripping it off...even though I'm technically doing that with Lincoln's emblem...

If you came up with a different design we could work from there.

I was casting emblems that were clear and paintable. They look just like the originals but are a blank slate. Plus I know originals aren't always the easiest to come by. From there I can attempt embedded LEDs for backlit emblems and other neat things.

I dropped the project a few years ago for numerous reasons. Tonight though I was researching methods again and since I still have product I want to start it back up with new techniques I've learned.

Beyond emblems I had some ideas for a custom grille and rear surround. I would also be able to make other random plastic parts. Gen1 clear tails anyone? Eventually I'd like to be able to duplicate an LSE body kit and make some of my own designs but that would not be made with the same processes as emblems and the other items.

Great to see you're back on this.

I was actually in the process of making a pressure tank big enough to make gen1 tails until I sent out a plate for machining and the guy ripped me off and kept my plate a few months ago, never heard from him again.

I did emblems as well like 2 years ago and wanted to make a large mold to pump out like 10 to 20 at a time using my large tank.

How big is your tank?

Not trying to compete or anything, just wanted to provide a few extra fun parts for the LS guys to play with.

Great to see you're back on this.

I was actually in the process of making a pressure tank big enough to make gen1 tails until I sent out a plate for machining and the guy ripped me off and kept my plate a few months ago, never heard from him again.

I did emblems as well like 2 years ago and wanted to make a large mold to pump out like 10 to 20 at a time using my large tank.

How big is your tank?

Not trying to compete or anything, just wanted to provide a few extra fun parts for the LS guys to play with.

Shopping for tanks now. Found a 2.5gal for $25 and a large one (looks like it stands about 3ft tall, maybe same diameter as the 2.5gal) for $95, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Just got a call from the guy after posting this. Heading out to pick up the 2.5gal now. Still haven't heard form the guy with the large one.

Yeah I thought being able to make like 6 emblems at a crack would be okay but if the demand were there 10-20 would make more sense. Have you ever offered any other auto groups your services for making emblems or other plastic parts? I'm thinking that could be a nice little business if marketed right.

If you came up with a different design we could work from there.

Abraham Lincoln's Hat and beard. I'll take my 20% cut. Thank you.

Anyway, say I wanted to try an emblem. How would I make something to cast from? It would be easier to make the negative mold out of wood rather than the positive emblem itself. Can you work with that or would you ideally need the positive? Is there something I can easily use to turn a negative into a positive? I do understand everything needs to be tapered so it can actually be pulled from the mold

Members online

Back