Delrin HID Adapters

Hey DLF, I'm having some issues with my recently purchased adapters. I bought a ddm tuning HID kit. I need to first put the bulb into the housing then use the adapter over that to secure it, correct? Because with the ddm kit, the various pig tails behind the bulb are too large to go through the adapter. Do I need to splice the wires behind the bulb in order to get it in there?

Hey DLF, I'm having some issues with my recently purchased adapters. I bought a ddm tuning HID kit. I need to first put the bulb into the housing then use the adapter over that to secure it, correct? Because with the ddm kit, the various pig tails behind the bulb are too large to go through the adapter. Do I need to splice the wires behind the bulb in order to get it in there?

I've never seen the DDM bulbs, so it's hard for me to comment. I was able to put the bulb pigtails through the center hole in the adapter one at a time.

Rather than cutting the wires, you'd probably be better off enlarging the hole.

Here are a couple of pics of my bulbs. I had to remove the large grommet to seperate the bulb from the rest of the wiring in order to use the adapters and finish wiring up the new ballasts. I then used the grommet to seal the back of the stock HID cover.

Post some pics of your bulb so I can see what you're dealing with.

HPIM1030s.jpg

HPIM1032s.jpg

HPIM1026s.jpg

I'm trying to get some pics uploaded, but mine is pretty similar to that. How'd you get the gromett off, and how'd you reseal it later? And now I'm confused with the wiring, that large pigtail that is on the bulb side of the gromett, (part of the piece that you completley removed to get the adapter on, the light blue wire in your picture) Where do I connect that?

I'm trying to get some pics uploaded, but mine is pretty similar to that. How'd you get the gromett off, and how'd you reseal it later? And now I'm confused with the wiring, that large pigtail that is on the bulb side of the gromett, (part of the piece that you completley removed to get the adapter on, the light blue wire in your picture) Where do I connect that?

Completely read my post on LOD that I linked in your other thread.

And let's continue your install in your thread and not jam this one up.

Dlf- looking for instructions i lost the ones i printed out pm the link please

Got my pair in yesterday, now just have to find and order a set of HID balast bulb sets to throw in :confused:

Hey man, sorry to bring back an old thread, but I previously had a 97 Base that I drove, and recently got a 97 LSC that needs a little work for 800 bucks. Once I got it home I realised the driver headlight stays in the dim warmup mode and dosnt get any brighter while the passenger side is fine. Dont know if I can fix that somehow or if I should just replace it all together. The car had been sitting in a driveway for three years before yesterday so Im not sure. I was also wondering do I just buy a 9006 connector from autozone, and cut the wire going into the stock ballast and wire it to that then plug that end into the new 9006 hid kit? or? If you could clear this up for me I would greatly appricate it and I should be ordering a set soon.

Hey man, sorry to bring back an old thread, but I previously had a 97 Base that I drove, and recently got a 97 LSC that needs a little work for 800 bucks. Once I got it home I realised the driver headlight stays in the dim warmup mode and dosnt get any brighter while the passenger side is fine. Dont know if I can fix that somehow or if I should just replace it all together. The car had been sitting in a driveway for three years before yesterday so Im not sure. I was also wondering do I just buy a 9006 connector from autozone, and cut the wire going into the stock ballast and wire it to that then plug that end into the new 9006 hid kit? or? If you could clear this up for me I would greatly appricate it and I should be ordering a set soon.

You don't need to buy any extra connectors.

Just buy a digital slim 9006 HID kit, and my adapters.

so am I still using the old ballasts and just plugging them into the new bulbs or do you put the whole new kit in. I was just wondering what wire to hook to the kit so it knows when to turn on ect.

so am I still using the old ballasts and just plugging them into the new bulbs or do you put the whole new kit in. I was just wondering what wire to hook to the kit so it knows when to turn on ect.

You need to do some searching, this has all been covered before. :confused:

No, you don't use any of the stock parts, they're not compatable. You wire the new ballasts into the two connectors that power the stock ballasts.

Should I bother making another batch of these? Interest seems to be waning.

I still have a virgin OEM HID bulb in the box and replaced the other one about five years ago, but I suppose I should prepare myself for the future. I'll buy a set if you make them.

I still have a virgin OEM HID bulb in the box and replaced the other one about five years ago, but I suppose I should prepare myself for the future. I'll buy a set if you make them.

I spent the day making another batch.

Get them while you can. $55 shipped (lower 48).

Click HERE to buy.

I spent the day making another batch.

Get 'em while you can. $55 shipped (lower 48).

Click HERE to buy.

Members online

No members online now.
Back