Custom paint scheme - thoughts?

Lunar

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey!

It's been a while since my last visit.:D So... now the car is in the paint shop and I have around a week to decide which way to go.

I want to make a two-tone paint, or semicolor, something custom, something like Chip Foose does.

For some reasons the base color should be black. Everything other is up to me. :confused:

The car:

TAZLt6Qf93o.jpg

Some ideas:

1of5.jpg

2of5.jpg

3of5.jpg

The current idea is this:

Black basic color.
Dark grey top (roof, mirrors, top of the doors).
Solid piece of any pastel color on side, soft orange or light blue or smth.

4of5.jpg

Should I go? Any advice?

p.s. drawings not mine, but friend's.

All of us here know very well that Mark VIII's don't do well in two toned colors. Your drawings are amazing but one thing is a 2 dimensional drawing then another is in real life or in a very, very detail oriented drawing.

My guess is choose your two favorite styles & go to town on the drawing. Make it look like it's 3D & decide from there.

I like the 5th on myself. Kudos on your or whomevers rendering skills. They have a lot of wrecks in Russia. Dont mess up that nice paint job once it's done.

All of us here know very well that Mark VIII's don't do well in two toned colors. Your drawings are amazing but one thing is a 2 dimensional drawing then another is in real life or in a very, very detail oriented drawing.

My guess is choose your two favorite styles & go to town on the drawing. Make it look like it's 3D & decide from there.

+1

The body lines of a Mark VIII are for solid color

I think the only one I ever liked was a member here
I think it was black white with an orange line to break up the two
Any one have the pic?

Chris is on top of it. That is one of the best looking two tone Marks in my opinion. Is that lsc8's car? Chris, see if you can find a good pic of greg's car. KC96lsc. Another good looking two tone.

i dont like non of them...i think a Mark VIII should be kept on its original color....just repaint it and call it a day.

The base is made of black + touch of dark blue.

Paint job guy said even though he did this, it would be pretty hard to mix the paint again after some time if i scratch it.

That's the process of all this:

4gh8.jpg

ap59.jpg

6g3g.jpg

egn5.jpg

mxzr.jpg

x8u8.jpg

Like others said..not bad looking just not for me, however I would black out the eyebrow trim and belt line as well so it doesn't distract from the two tone look.

Looks great. It's too bad you didn't have LSC side moldings and bumper covers, as that would have been even better looking if they were black also. But they're are hard to find in the states, and probably impossible to find in Russia. Your license plates are uglier than ours.

Members online

No members online now.
Back