CDC Grilles are here...at least my first two anyway.

GrayGhost1 said:
No problem! This is my first and foremost project now since the clear side marker lenses are being produced. I have been in contact with my first choice on the molding company. They decided they needed some business and are working up better numbers for me. They wanted an initial $64,000 for molds and I laughed at them after I picked myself up off of the floor. Keep your fingers crossed that we can work something out.

GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS goo goo gooooo

:Beer

LLLL said:
i Want On E In Black For An 04 Ls
This grille will fit any year LS so once it's available you'll be able to swap it out with yours.

this is my car with the grill but still cant fix the emblem sticking out???

Picture168_09Jun05.jpg

Bringing it back baby

Ken,

You had to know it was a matter of time before I brought this up again. Just wondering were you are at on this. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Nolan

dropped74 said:
Ken,

You had to know it was a matter of time before I brought this up again. Just wondering were you are at on this. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Nolan
Nolan,

I've been so engrossed in launching my new and improved site that this has sort of taken a fall on the priority list. However, I'm still working it. Keep the faith! It'll happen!

GrayGhost1 said:
Nolan,

I've been so engrossed in launching my new and improved site that this has sort of taken a fall on the priority list. However, I'm still working it. Keep the faith! It'll happen!

Anything new on this?!?!?!

dropped74 said:
Anything new on this?!?!?!
None at this moment. I have been to a few places to see about manufacturing the bezels and all have been either too high or not enough volume. The quest continues....

GrayGhost1 said:
None at this moment. I have been to a few places to see about manufacturing the bezels and all have been either too high or not enough volume. The quest continues....

Whats the word on these???

dropped74 said:
Whats the word on these???
This is my #1 project starting the new year. I am determined to get these rolling. Keep checking back!

I'm still new here so I just got wind of this project. I really hope it gets going, you can definitely count on me for an order.

Nothing lately. I have been contacting several different companies about manufacturing the upper and lower grille bezels. They either want a high initial quantity or a freakin' fortune for low volume molding. I'm still searching.

I have been in contact with the folks that actuall manufactured these for CDC. I'm hoping they can do some low volume production on these. Keep your fingers crossed.

GrayGhost1 said:
Right now pricing is a little premature. I'm hoping to keep the cost of the grille below $150 but that all depends on the cost of the mesh and the production of the lower plastic piece. This grille will fit any year LS and you would have to re-use your top chrome piece. However, I'm working with the company that will produce the bottom piece to replicate the top chrome piece. It won't be chrome but it will black plastic like the McLaren grille. Here's a couple of pics with the grilles on:

CDC1.jpg

CDC2.jpg
Ken, is the mesh anodized or painted on these grilles? Might look good on my LSE if I get tired of the McLaren. Vivid Red/Black Anodized

GWL said:
Ken, is the mesh anodized or painted on these grilles? Might look good on my LSE if I get tired of the McLaren. Vivid Red/Black Anodized
The mesh would come in stainless like what is on the first page of the thread. However, it can be powder coated or anodized once purchased.

The manufacturer of the original grille is interested in making them again. However, agreeing on price is another issue. I'm still working this like the LSE body kits.

ken are you saying that cdc is interested in making body kits again?? or just the grill mfg. is interested in the grills? it'd be awesome if the cdc body kits were made again....i would love to have one

Sorry to bring this back.....but did anything ever happen with this? I thought this was one of the best aesthetic ideas for the LS

And how much are they?

Any pics of the process it takes to put it together?

Oh and do you have the bottom portion of the grilles for sale with them?

I was asking because it seems the injection moulding Ken was trying to get done never happened. I have just bought a peice of mesh and applied that to my grille but it wasn't flush. I also wanted to know about some sort of application for the lower grill on a non LSE. I like to pay a little extra for convenience and not have to build everything myself.

Members online

No members online now.
Back