CDC Grilles are here...at least my first two anyway.

I was making sure the grilles I had were good to use for prototypes. I'll be sending these off to the injection molder on Friday. Turn around should be quick on the bottom bezel that holds the mesh. I'm working with a mesh company to produce the upper and lower meshes now. Hopefully if all comes in together maybe late May.

Also, I found the company that makes the production LS grille and I'm negotiating with them now to provide me with the real LS front and rear emblems that go on the grilles and rear license plate surround. Most of you are aware that the emblems are not available through any dealer unless it's on a grille. I'm trying to work a deal with them to sell me the clips and screws for the grilles as well. How sweet that would be!

GrayGhost1 said:
I was making sure the grilles I had were good to use for prototypes. I'll be sending these off to the injection molder on Friday. Turn around should be quick on the bottom bezel that holds the mesh. I'm working with a mesh company to produce the upper and lower meshes now. Hopefully if all comes in together maybe late May.

Also, I found the company that makes the production LS grille and I'm negotiating with them now to provide me with the real LS front and rear emblems that go on the grilles and rear license plate surround. Most of you are aware that the emblems are not available through any dealer unless it's on a grille. I'm trying to work a deal with them to sell me the clips and screws for the grilles as well. How sweet that would be!

put me on your mailing list please would love to get it!! keep me posted please!!

GrayGhost1 said:
I played around tonight with a loaner LS.

LSK Mesh Grille After:
pics%20013.jpg

I would be very interested in this grille. Keep us updated!!

Is the lower grill going to go in front of or behind the bumper cover on the regular (NON-LSE) cars???

Personally I think it might look too cluttered if it went on front, but behind would be very suttle and awesome looking!!

The way I plan to do both lower grilles for the LS and LSE would be to install it behind the bumper. It wouldn't look good in front of the grille.

GrayGhost1 said:
The way I plan to do both lower grilles for the LS and LSE would be to install it behind the bumper. It wouldn't look good in front of the grille.

I agree like I said put me on your e mailing list as soon as they come out I want a pair for sure!! :L

GrayGhost1 said:

This is exactly what I have been wanting. You HAVE to let me know when you get this done!!! Looks awsome, and lucky noone is going to bash you for your opinion, even if it is stupid!!!

Cheers
:Beer

It's been hard trying to find a grill that would look good on a white LS. The mesh one looks awesome on the white LS pictured earlier.

thats soo weird how you just modify a loner car. lmao. i love that. oh yeah i want one too. also the clear lenses, when they come, im counting down the days

itsnotmydaddys said:
thats soo weird how you just modify a loner car. lmao. i love that.
Yeah and I had both headlights out checking out the wiring harnesses. I was trying to find part numbers on them. Also, I installed my new HID headlights in there too to make sure they worked. It's nice having a loaner but no harm to the car. It's just unbolt and re-attach.

Anything New

GrayGhost1 said:
Yeah and I had both headlights out checking out the wiring harnesses. I was trying to find part numbers on them. Also, I installed my new HID headlights in there too to make sure they worked. It's nice having a loaner but no harm to the car. It's just unbolt and re-attach.

Anything new on these grills

Not yet. The molding company just received the parts. They'll make the mold and run a few test pieces to make sure everything lines up. After that, they'll start pumping them out. I'm shooting for late May to bring them to market.

Fastbird said:
Any updates????

Another question, how well would these hold up to powdercoating?
The molding company has the pieces and are working on the molds now. Once the molds are done they can crank out the parts quick. The only issue now is getting the wire mesh company to cut the upper grilles. They are very slow in getting this going. I have another company in the balance so not worry. I'm still shooting for the end of May or the first of June to have it ready for retail.

GrayGhost1 said:
The molding company has the pieces and are working on the molds now. Once the molds are done they can crank out the parts quick. The only issue now is getting the wire mesh company to cut the upper grilles. They are very slow in getting this going. I have another company in the balance so not worry. I'm still shooting for the end of May or the first of June to have it ready for retail.

Awesome, thanks for the update!

GrayGhost1 said:

What is the latest on this Ken. I am very excited about it.

Cheers

dropped74 said:
What is the latest on this Ken. I am very excited about it.

Cheers
Nothing new at this point. Molds are being made for the grille bezels and I'm still working the wire mesh company to get me a sample made. After all the initial work is done it should be fairly quick.

GrayGhost1 said:

Does it still look like the end of this month or the beginning of next!!!

dropped74 said:
Does it still look like the end of this month or the beginning of next!!!

Well, I hate to keep raising expectations but it's looking more like mid-June. The molding company has not started my project yet. I'm hoping they can get on it next week.

GrayGhost1 said:
Well, I hate to keep raising expectations but it's looking more like mid-June. The molding company has not started my project yet. I'm hoping they can get on it next week.

NO WORRIES, I am just glad that someone is finally doing a grill that I really like and not one that I am going to settle for. Also Ken do you have the rear surround. I think I might order one of those with the grill if you do. Also you have a painter right. I would really like to have a one stop shop if it is at all possible. Thanks for your time.

Nolan

dropped74 said:
NO WORRIES, I am just glad that someone is finally doing a grill that I really like and not one that I am going to settle for. Also Ken do you have the rear surround. I think I might order one of those with the grill if you do. Also you have a painter right. I would really like to have a one stop shop if it is at all possible. Thanks for your time.

Nolan
Nolan,

I can get the rear license plate surrounds. Pricing for the 2000-2002 Lincoln LS surround already painted is $214.99 plus shipping. I can get them in Black (code UA) and Silver Frost (code TS). I just need to update my site for ordering but if you need one just shoot me an email.

Members online

No members online now.
Back