CDC Grilles are here...at least my first two anyway.

Fastbird said:
:waving: Updates?
Well, I wish I had some good news. I've been working with the mold company to lower the costs of the molds. They wanted some huge amount for molds and we've been working out alternatives. This project is going to take a little more time. However, if someone knows a good low volume injection molding company let me know. I'll pull the plug on the company I'm working with now to fast track this project.

I see one advertised in the Continental Airlines Magizine all the time but I never bother to keep the mags and do not recall the company name. But they advertise such claims.

Hey Ken, whats the status on those clear and smoked front bumper lenses. With the 2003 headlights installed my amber lenses are sticking out like sore thumbs.

ambisonics said:
Hey Ken, whats the status on those clear and smoked front bumper lenses. With the 2003 headlights installed my amber lenses are sticking out like sore thumbs.
Good news is that I received an email from them this morning. The molds are done and they are making the lenses now. I should have the first pieces by the end of the month. What a project that has been!

ken have you checked with a company called LoTek by chance? Not exactly what they specialize in but they may have the right equipment to do the job. Drop me a pm if you need their contact info...

Ls Grill

I want to share something with you all. I had bought a 99 LHS and was tired of the same old grill so i search around for an after market one and found that non of a reasonable cost was to offer. So i logged on to Summit racing and they offer a sheet of red ,black,blue and chrome grill material from AUTOTECNICA they sell sheats of 8x47 and 16x47. These sheats are extreamly pliable and can be molded and made to fit very easy. They are not that exspensive either 8x47 was 24.95 and 16x47 was 44.95. If you have any questions email me at rlbertram@lkqcorp.com .

HAPPY GRILLING !!!!!!

Robert :Beer

robnu0069 said:
I want to share something with you all. I had bought a 99 LHS and was tired of the same old grill so i search around for an after market one and found that non of a reasonable cost was to offer. So i logged on to Summit racing and they offer a sheet of red ,black,blue and chrome grill material from AUTOTECNICA they sell sheats of 8x47 and 16x47. These sheats are extreamly pliable and can be molded and made to fit very easy. They are not that exspensive either 8x47 was 24.95 and 16x47 was 44.95. If you have any questions email me at rlbertram@lkqcorp.com .

HAPPY GRILLING !!!!!!

Robert :Beer
Robert,

Thanks for heads up. However, the problem isn't the mesh part. It's molding the upper and lower grille bezels. Not to mention the spacer needed behind the grille. This is just straight forward plastic injection.

GrayGhost1 said:
Robert,

Thanks for heads up. However, the problem isn't the mesh part. It's molding the upper and lower grille bezels. Not to mention the spacer needed behind the grille. This is just straight forward plastic injection.

Ken,

Have you heard anything new on this recently.

Cheers
:Beer

Yes I have. The company that I was looking at making the grilles is sending back the parts. They drug their feet way too long and they never would respond to my attempts to contact them. So, I told them just to send the parts back. I'm back to square one on this so I'll be searching for an injection molding company locally. This way I can stay on top of them.

Some projects go quickly and some not so quickly. This is definitely one that isn't going anywhere at the moment. Keep patient and I'll have this up and going.

hey ken.. saw this company on the way to work.. i know they do injection molding because of the sign outside... try them.. I wouldnt mind going over and bitching at them for you.. ;)

Mirror Lite Company, Inc.
20950 Woodruff Rd.
Rockwood, MI 48173

(734) 379-9828
Fax: (734) 379-4985
Toll Free: (800)843-4981

Customer Service: service@mirrorliteco.com

or
MOCAP custom molding group

Telephone: 800-817-8784
314-543-4141
314-543-4055 (fax)
Address: MOCAP Custom Molding Group
13100 Manchester Road
St. Louis, MO 63131

No Worries

GrayGhost1 said:
Yes I have. The company that I was looking at making the grilles is sending back the parts. They drug their feet way too long and they never would respond to my attempts to contact them. So, I told them just to send the parts back. I'm back to square one on this so I'll be searching for an injection molding company locally. This way I can stay on top of them.

Some projects go quickly and some not so quickly. This is definitely one that isn't going anywhere at the moment. Keep patient and I'll have this up and going.

It is hard to find good people. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to get my hands on one. Keep us posted and talk to you soon!!!

Cheers

Wow that grille is what I have been looking for/ trying to make. I hope some progress is still being made on the project!!! I can't wait

I'm talking with a local company here to see if they can make the molds for the upper and lower grille bezels. If they can and do it at a low volume then we may have a winner. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Give us Good News

GrayGhost1 said:
I'm talking with a local company here to see if they can make the molds for the upper and lower grille bezels. If they can and do it at a low volume then we may have a winner. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Hoping there is something new on this?!?!

Cheers
Nolan

dropped74 said:
Hoping there is something new on this?!?!

Cheers
Nolan
Nolan,

Now that the clear lens project has now gotten off of the ground I can now concentrate on this project. I am meeting with a couple of local molding companies to look at the grille bezels. Keep your fingers and toes crossed.

I just want everyone to know that I appreciate all of your patience on this. It's just me doing this alone along with my "real" job. If I had just about 4 more hours a day then I believe I could squeeze it in.
:dancefool

GrayGhost1 said:
Nolan,

Now that the clear lens project has now gotten off of the ground I can now concentrate on this project. I am meeting with a couple of local molding companies to look at the grille bezels. Keep your fingers and toes crossed.

I just want everyone to know that I appreciate all of your patience on this. It's just me doing this alone along with my "real" job. If I had just about 4 more hours a day then I believe I could squeeze it in.
:dancefool

Ken,

You know I have to keep this thread going. I was just wondering if there is anything new on it. Thanks for your time.

Nolan

Nolan,

Not much has happened since the last time I posted. However, I have been in contact with a couple of molding companies but all have wanted big money to start a mold. I'm trying to locate the company that actually made the lower grille section.

At this time...still searching but I haven't given up!

I think I want one of these things too. Man, the list continues. Lemme know if you would like me to check out some companies in the STL area.

Yesterday we got a label maker at our shop. You have no idea how hard it is for me to not input images in the computer and start pumping out vinyl decals. I could put out about 1000 LSKoncepts stickers for free. Cobrastars...you name it.

Stupid integrity...always gets in the way.

FreeFaller said:
I think I want one of these things too. Man, the list continues. Lemme know if you would like me to check out some companies in the STL area.

Yesterday we got a label maker at our shop. You have no idea how hard it is for me to not input images in the computer and start pumping out vinyl decals. I could put out about 1000 LSKoncepts stickers for free. Cobrastars...you name it.

Stupid integrity...always gets in the way.
Well, if you wanted to pump out 1,000 LSK stickers for free and send them to me then I'd be happy to take them! LOL! :gr_devil:

Yeah, I bet you would. I can see it now...

"Where the F*ck did all the contact paper go?!?!"

"Gee...I don't know."

GrayGhost1 said:
Nolan,

Not much has happened since the last time I posted. However, I have been in contact with a couple of molding companies but all have wanted big money to start a mold. I'm trying to locate the company that actually made the lower grille section.

At this time...still searching but I haven't given up!

Ken,

What is going on with this project. Thanks for continueing to answer my annoying a$$!!!

Cheers

dropped74 said:
Ken,

What is going on with this project. Thanks for continueing to answer my annoying a$$!!!

Cheers
No problem! This is my first and foremost project now since the clear side marker lenses are being produced. I have been in contact with my first choice on the molding company. They decided they needed some business and are working up better numbers for me. They wanted an initial $64,000 for molds and I laughed at them after I picked myself up off of the floor. Keep your fingers crossed that we can work something out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back