Buick Riviera Vs Mark VIII

I LOVE IT! KEEP IT COMING!!:F COME ON ! SHOW ME YOU GOT A SET!!

FEELS GOOD , GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Show me you got a set? First of all, for someone shouting "comprehension," one would think you might have at least a slight grasp of the English language. Second, and more importantly, you are begging for fulfillment over the internet.

argue091204.jpg

To everyone else: there is a reason I stop responding to this guy: don't feed the troll.

Show me you got a set? First of all, for someone shouting "comprehension," one would think you might have at least a slight grasp of the English language. Second, and more importantly, you are begging for fulfillment over the internet.

argue091204.jpg

To everyone else: there is a reason I stop responding to this guy: don't feed the troll.

I KNEW YOU CARED! By the way thats a good likeness of me.
Thank you, Now I'm finally fullfilled!

JUST REMEMBER! IT TAKES TWO ARGUE...SO THERE ARE TWO RETARDS!!!!

...I'm still trying to understand MediumD's irrational, unending favor of the Eldorado over that of the Mark VIII.

And I just ran into some overzealous middle aged guy in a S/C Riveria a few minutes ago. He heard the exhaust on my Mark VIII and started getting a little frisky at the stop lights. Fair to say, things didn't go well for him and the attitude was gone by the time he pulled up besides me waiting at the next stop light..

...I'm still trying to understand MediumD's irrational, unending favor of the Eldorado over that of the Mark VIII.

And I just ran into some overzealous middle aged guy in a S/C Riveria a few minutes ago. He heard the exhaust on my Mark VIII and started getting a little frisky at the stop lights. Fair to say, things didn't go well for him and the attitude was gone by the time he pulled up besides me waiting at the next stop light..

:D Hay! Calabrio, I bet you were towing you boat at the time (Loaded with fishing gear) too!!!LOL!:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

It's pretty simple, I own one of each, I know the strong and weak points of each car very well. ;) Build quality is the #1 reason I favor the Eldo, the 92-95 Eldo interior is better than Gen 1 Marks, the 96-02 is better than the Gen 2 (although the gen 2 narrows the gap between the two.) Exterior styling is subjective, but the Eldo takes the win there IMO. Oh, and stock for stock, the Eldo wins in a straight line or around curves.

He is just a cadillac fan. I am lincoln fan, so I am not gonna try to convice someone of which is better then the other. I know how I feel about the mark vs eldo arrgument and I think you know which one I think is superior.;)

At one time I would have been on mediumd's side, I used to love the edlo. The looks the northstar V8 and the fact that it was a cadi, but then I was let down by the fact that its a front driver. Its still a nice car but it does not meet all needs and wants, then I found the mark. I was in a tbird at the time, and I always wanted one and now I do. The Mark VIII is the reason why I wont ever own an eldo. Its not the best but its what I like, everybody else can like what they want.

The cadillac is faster? Not the one I raced. I guess it depends on a number of factors. The FWD though, EWWW! Other than that they are sharp looking cars. The marks are sexier though!

The cadillac is faster? Not the one I raced.

Keep in mind that there is the base Eldo and the ETC. Unlike the base Mark VIII and the LSC, the ETC actually has noticeably better accelerations (due to upgraded cams and 3.71 vs 3.11 gears.)

You may have beaten a base Eldo, but let me put it this way. My 94 Mark has beaten my friends 96 Mark and another friends 97 LSC every time, and my Eldo is over 3 tenths faster and traps 2mph higher than my Mark.

At one time I would have been on mediumd's side, I used to love the edlo. The looks the northstar V8 and the fact that it was a cadi, but then I was let down by the fact that its a front driver. Its still a nice car but it does not meet all needs and wants, then I found the mark. I was in a tbird at the time, and I always wanted one and now I do. The Mark VIII is the reason why I wont ever own an eldo. Its not the best but its what I like, everybody else can like what they want.

I agree... I use to love the looks of the mid 90's Eldos but when I drove the Mark VIII it was something wonderful.. Not the best but it just grabbed a hold of you.

I've been selling a bunch of Mark VIII parts to a 80 year old ex-air force guy in Kansas City... he as a Caddy man for many years... then drove the Mark VIII... then had to buy another to have 2 of them.. LOL...

Just saw the video and it is deffinitely a GM salesperson training video. The one vital fact that was not mentioned is the drivetrain layout. The Mark VIII has REAR-WHEEL-DRIVE as opposed to the vastly inferior Front-Wheel-Drive layout in the Riviera. I am of the old school opinion that Front-Wheel-Drive is for sissies and REAL MEN DRIVE REAR-WHEEL-DRIVE!!! FWD should be reserved for little Japanese econocars with strut suspensions, not true sporty luxury coupes. In case it wasn't obvious, I ABSOLUTELY HATE FWD! I really wish that all cars were RWD like they were in the past. RWD has thankfully been making a come back in the automotive world. Unfortunately, it has been mostly in the high-end luxury segment that people like me can't afford. I am glad that I own a '96 Lincoln Mark VIII. It is the best car I have ever had and I plan to keep driving it until the wheels fall off. And I will never, ever own a FWD car...ever. The Mark is far superior to the Riviera in almost every way. The comparo should have been between the Mark VIII and the Cadillac Eldorado, its closest competition at the time. The Eldo was FWD also and based on essintially the same platform as the Riviera. The only exception being that the Eldo has a 4.6L DOHC Northstar V-8 making 275hp. Still the Mark would stomp it. Just look at any car magazine from that time and the evidence is clear.

Watching that video made me want the VIII more! I sometimes park next to a dark red Riviera where i live. Will take a good look at it next time im tinkering in the car park.

At one time I would have been on mediumd's side,

I don't really have a "side," I like both cars enough to own one of each. I just think the Eldo is better stock, and the Mark is better to modify.

The Eldo was FWD also and based on essintially the same platform as the Riviera. The only exception being that the Eldo has a 4.6L DOHC Northstar V-8 making 275hp. Still the Mark would stomp it. Just look at any car magazine from that time and the evidence is clear.

Technically the Rivi is on the G platform and the Eldo is on the E platform - both are derivatives of the Seville K platform, but each is its own chassis designation.

The L37 version of the Northstar makes an even 300hp and 295ft.lbs.

While car mags are pretty damn inaccurate IMO, here's some bench racing for you:
1993 Cadillac ETC 6.7 15.00
1995 Cadillac ETC 6.6 14.80
1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 7.1 15.40
1995 Lincoln Mark VIII 7.6 15.80
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 7.2 15.40
(Although I've seen stock examples of both of these cars pull off way better times than listed here.)

Mark8 vs Buick

The Mark8 shouldn't be compared to a Buick because it's a Lincoln, come on man, what is GM thinking about!!? And the Mark8 is much faster, regular & especially LSC!!! I whooped a mid-nineties model big body Impala back in 2000with my pearl white '94 Mark, which I got rid of back in 2003, & I know that particular Impala had 260hp with a corvette engine under the hood. Plus I just whooped an Infiniti M45 on the highway Sunday in my red '98 LSC & if I'm not mistaken that one has over 300 horses so I know that ain't no Buick Riviera gonna hang w/no MarkVIII...period!!!

Mark kicks Riveras butt

Check it out! Tonight as I was coming to a red light a Rivera pulls up next to me with some 20" wheels and reving his engine! I thought this is the perfect chance to see which car is really quicker. The light turned green and it was all over! I'm not even kidding when I say that half way into second gear I had already pulled him by at least 4 cars, maybe more. I figured it would be a good race, Boy was I wrong. He got smoked plain and simple! My car is all stock except for the following...

Stock air box with 4" hole, 93 ECU, straight pipes from before resonator on back.

On another note, I just put a 93 ECU in place of the 95 ECU and the car has really woke up in the mid to high rpm range. Best $20 bucks I ever spent!

Mark VIII's kick butt!!!:D

mark VIII pics 097.jpg

I can't understand why people handicap their cars with giant heavy wheels and try to race with them...

I to have spent time in both the Gen2 LSC and my ex-wifes Eldo (not ETC), and the Mark seems faster, has more leg room, better finishing, and the correct drive wheels. The Eldo could be cheaper and I'd still pick the Mark in a heartbeat. No question in my mind.

Members online

No members online now.
Back