Buick Riviera Vs Mark VIII

I'm at work, so I can't see the video. I have a pretty good idea of what it says though. I won't disagree with you guys on all of that. I just wanted to chime in that when it comes to modifying, the supercharged 3.8L wins, hands down. With just a little work they can be putting cars into the 13's...all for less than the cost of a set of headers for the Mark VIII. The VIII is an awesome car, and you all have good points, but saying that it is easier/cheaper to mod it over the supercharged Riviera is off base.

I'm at work, so I can't see the video. I have a pretty good idea of what it says though. I won't disagree with you guys on all of that. I just wanted to chime in that when it comes to modifying, the supercharged 3.8L wins, hands down. With just a little work they can be putting cars into the 13's...all for less than the cost of a set of headers for the Mark VIII. The VIII is an awesome car, and you all have good points, but saying that it is easier/cheaper to mod it over the supercharged Riviera is off base.

Who's off base? No body said anything about being cheaper or easier to modifing a Mark 8 over the supercharged v6 Riviera! As a matter of fact the comparison was between the T-bird over a stock riviera!

Who's off base? No body said anything about being cheaper or easier to modifing a Mark 8 over the supercharged v6 Riviera! As a matter of fact the comparison was between the T-bird over a stock riviera!

:rolleyes:

Which car can you modify more?

Add in mespock's comment of "which car can you mod more?" and the Riviera is *owned*.

Anyway .... I like my Mark VIII's and that's about it... plus I'd buy a T-Bird over the Riviera anyday as once again... which car could you modify if you wanted to make it go faster... which car has the more potential...

The 3800 is more modable, period. And it can be modified at a fraction of the price of any serious Modular engine modification. Don't forget that the Modular engine is only in its teen years. The GM 3800 and the Hydramatic drivetrain have been around since the dinosaurs walked the Earth.

The 3800 is more modable, period. And it can be modified at a fraction of the price of any serious Modular engine modification. Don't forget that the Modular engine is only in its teen years. The GM 3800 and the Hydramatic drivetrain have been around since the dinosaurs walked the Earth.

WHO SAID THEY WEREN'T? PERIOD!! NO ONE SAID IT WAS CHEAPER! THEY'RE LINCOLN MARK 8'S FOR GOD'S SAKE..IF YOU WANT CHEAP DRIVE A CHEVY!! OH! NEVER MIND YOU DO!!!

I hate when people compare styling, styling is completely an opinion... In my opinion the Riviera looks like a fish, though it can be argued that the Mark VIII looks like a whale. :cool:

WHO SAID THEY WEREN'T? PERIOD!! NO ONE SAID IT WAS CHEAPER! THEY'RE LINCOLN MARK 8'S FOR GOD'S SAKE..IF YOU WANT CHEAP DRIVE A CHEVY!! OH! NEVER MIND YOU DO!!!

What in the fvck are you arguing about? What is it you're trying to prove? And what the fvck are you YELLING ABOUT!!??:mad:

I hate when people compare styling, styling is completely an opinion... In my opinion the Riviera looks like a fish, though it can be argued that the Mark VIII looks like a whale.

Good point. The ad lacks the styling selling points for the Riviera. They do a better job selling the Lexus' styling points (i.e; "sportier look") than they do for the Buick.

And yeah- the Riviera is ugly. I think the Riviera looks like the whale. I think Lincoln did a better job on styling than GM did on the Rivi. Comfortable and roomy- but ugly.

Any supercharged powerplant will respond well with a few mods, and they only compared riviera to the base model Mark VIII what where they afraid of? I have rode in a few modded front drivers and its kind of scary, with the extra torque they can make you never know when its gonna grab the the road. I dont know about you but if I had a choice I would choose a 400hp v8 rwd anyday over a 400hp fwd v6 every time.

Guess I should have used the search feature more on the net.... My bad:(

I have rode in a few modded front drivers and its kind of scary, with the extra torque they can make you never know when its gonna grab the the road. I dont know about you but if I had a choice I would choose a 400hp v8 rwd anyday over a 400hp fwd v6 every time.

Hell yeah. I had way more stability in my Mark VIII and in my Camaro than I did with my FWD 3.8SC Pontiac GTP. I've spun-out more times in that car more than any other vehicle in my life. Once, I wiped-out across three lanes on the highway at 55MPH in the rain. Scary $hit, man.:eek: That's why I went back to RWD; snow storms be damned!.

Ironic how my 330HP RWD vehicle out-performs my old FWD cars. Don't let anyone ever tell you that FWD has better traction.

Some pepole will say anything to sell a car,no one tells the truth so you wont know til you buy them. Or you can do what any smart person would and ask current owners, and thats why I wont get an Rx8. A cool car with not enough power,great handling and room for 4. And way over priced.

:eek: That's why I went back to RWD; snow storms be damned!.

Ironic how my 330HP RWD vehicle out-performs my old FWD cars. Don't let anyone ever tell you that FWD has better traction.

I grew up on RWD and had RWD since the Mid 90's. Driving in snow is a matter of experience, and it's a lot more fun!

I road in a well modded GTP, not quite a RIv but the same drivetrain. The thing was so freaking scary on the road. It would torque steer like mad and then the wheels would starts spinning and you would slide all over.

I drove a focus for 3 years befor I got my Mark VIII and I was making plans to put some power in it, but then I saw a few wrecks. And these cars were little terrors with big power in a straight line, but when you turn that wheel you could very well be hittin those gears for the last time. Needless to say I changed my mind, 200hp - 250hp is perfect for these cars any more could make them a deathtrap on wheels.

i doesnt matter whats cheaper or not to mod or whats better....id take a 4.6 over those 3.8s any day of the week....iv heard those 3.8s modded to the extreme or just bs bolt ons.....they all sound like me on the toilet the morning after a drunken night...

OK!! NICE QUOTES.....NOW SHOW WHERE THEY SAY IT IS CHEAPER AND EASIER TO MOD A MARK 8!!!:slam YOUR READING SKILLS ARE EXEMPLARY,BUT YOUR COMPREHENSION NEEDS ALOT OF WORK!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Thunderbird/Cougar didn't come into the discussion until well after the quotes JoshMcMadMac quoted. You have no place telling someone their reading comprehension needs work.

As far as mod potential, the L67 3800 series 2 SC is a serious contender.. I'd take an L67 over a SOHC modular... against the DOHC modular it's debatable.

Oh, and Eldo vs Mark VIII... the Eldo wins in every way except mod potential and having the proper drive wheels.

The Thunderbird/Cougar didn't come into the discussion until well after the quotes JoshMcMadMac quoted. You have no place telling someone their reading comprehension needs work.

As far as mod potential, the L67 3800 series 2 SC is a serious contender.. I'd take an L67 over a SOHC modular... against the DOHC modular it's debatable.

Oh, and Eldo vs Mark VIII... the Eldo wins in every way except mod potential and having the proper drive wheels.

Apparently you have no idea of what was discussed! "YOUR READING COMPREHENSION NEEDS WORK ALSO!" Your at the age (Pre-adult) who know everything! so there would be no point in trying to school you! your like the young bull who wants to run down the hill and have his way with a single cow! I'm like the old bull who will walk down the hill and have his way with the whole herd!

This is amusing. Are you going to contribute, Marcus, or just argue about who said what? Seems to me you're the one who is coming off as immature. You sure schooled everyone didn't you.

As for the Riviera, I always thought they were ok looking, but the Mark VIII is 10 times better. My buddy had one that I rode in a few times, and it seemed nice, but I would never buy one. Didn't they come with air ride as well? I thought I remembered him having problems with his.

This is amusing. Are you going to contribute, Marcus, or just argue about who said what? Seems to me you're the one who is coming off as immature. You sure schooled everyone didn't you.

As for the Riviera, I always thought they were ok looking, but the Mark VIII is 10 times better. My buddy had one that I rode in a few times, and it seemed nice, but I would never buy one. Didn't they come with air ride as well? I thought I remembered him having problems with his.

Your right the mark is ten times better than the riviera! DON'T ASSUME YOU KNOW ME CHILD!! ANOTHER YOUNG BULL HEARD FROM!

(Spelling)Your right (Comma) the (Capitalize)mark is ten times better than the (Capitalize)riviera! (New paragraph, caps) DON'T ASSUME YOU KNOW ME CHILD!! ANOTHER YOUNG BULL HEARD FROM!(WTF is this?)

Your grammar comprehension needs help, also.

Where did this idiot come from? Send this assh0le back there, please. :rolleyes:

Fvcking Internet children :mad:

Your grammar comprehension needs help, also.

Where did this idiot come from? Send this assh0le back there, please. :rolleyes:

Fvcking Internet children :mad:

I LOVE IT! KEEP IT COMING!!:F COME ON ! SHOW ME YOU GOT A SET!!

FEELS GOOD , GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING. I LOVE YOU GUYS!! YOUR LIKE MY OWN SONS!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back