bought a new ride.

Jamie, it is just good to see you have something you want again. I am doing the exact same thing with my Mark, making it what I want not a track car or anything like that. Some performance that makes it a bit more fun but over all, mostly appearance mods.

Have fun and enjoy.

My car has absolutely no noises or rattles inside. Part of the reason I bought it was because of quiet and tight the car is, even at 127k it feels amazing.

Ditto at 85K miles (bought mine at 67K).

Yes sir that is a great color! Hardly see the green although there is one for sale near me at the moment. Myself I'd have to go black, never owned a black car.

Competition Orange is where it's at. :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/racecougar/The Stang/TBU Meet 6-11-11/P1120047.jpg

Jamie, it is just good to see you have something you want again. I am doing the exact same thing with my Mark, making it what I want not a track car or anything like that. Some performance that makes it a bit more fun but over all, mostly appearance mods.

Have fun and enjoy.

thanks man. thats it, same here i am putting the typical flowmasters and exhaust on it, c.a.i , new wheels, new hood, 3:73's, sub frame connectors, 03-04 black headlights, new brakes and tint the windows and a system and thats pretty much it. i want some fun, good looking and snappy, but i am not trying to set land speed records or race anyone i did that stuff when i was a kid, i am not a kid anymore and the urge to do those things left me a long time ago. i dont speed on the street, i havent been pulled over in about 12 years and havent had a ticket in them 12 years either, i am not an :q:q:q:q:q:q:q on the street i drive back and forth to work and i spend time with my family, i live a boring life i dont need a race car!

Lol Jamie...biggest issue with mustang ownership is every :q:q:q:q:q:q:q in a d16 Honda civic wants to race...when I'm driving my 1987 I just laugh and smile as I drop down a gear and pull away with ease

I have modded (thats me installing everything) well over 300 SN chasis Mustangs and let me help you here Jamie.

For what you are looking for this is what you wanna do and do it in this order. I have found what needs to be expensive and what does not.

1:Get FLSFC with TQ box reinforcements. Maximum Motorsports is the best but there is a set on ebay for $100 all the time thats just as good and include the torque box reinforcments and thos are a near MUST on that chassis. That car will ride better, handle better and stop squeeking.
2: Lowering springs, Ebach Pro (not Sportline) will lower the car a little (not slam) but hands down have the best ride and body roll control. Usually a good time to get some Steeda outer tie rods. They are bump steer eliminators and make a word of difference o a lowered Stang.
3: Ignore sway bars, they dont help unless you are track racing it.
3a: Get an MGW. The whole car will feel better. Its weird.
4: Get an H pipe or Mac Pro Chamber. Off road if you have no sniffers there. Do it at the same time you buy an SCT (usually $150 unlocked and already loaded to tune that car) and that will also eliminate your O2 error for the off road H pipe. H pipe will make the car growl and give a deep tone plus add 12 hp. An X pipe will make it raspy but give 13 HP.
5: Get a MAC catback. They are cheaper then Flowmaster and dont pop when shifting plus they have a deeper tone. Unless you want obnoxious loud then get the cheap BX series Bassani. They are LOUD.
6: Most CAIs are a waste on these cars. If you get one make sure it puts the filter in the fender. A JLT or K&N FIPK are your best choices. Dont worrky about plenum or throttle body or MAF for a while, the stock stuff handles 400 hp with no problem or restriction.
7: Strut tower brace and camber/castor plates. Lowering a Stang at all puts the stock CC plates beyond their setting points. CC plates are cheapish but get good 4 bolt ones, not 3 bolt. When you search you will see the difference.
8: When you blow the clutch get a Fidanze aluminum flywheel and a Centerforce DFX clutch. Superb combo and a light clutch pedal with smooth modulation. Also get a fire wall adjuster at the same time so you can make it bite exactly how you want.

After that we can talk some more cause there are many cheapish things to enhance the car more.

Ditto at 85K miles (bought mine at 67K).

Competition Orange is where it's at. :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/racecougar/The Stang/TBU Meet 6-11-11/P1120047.jpg

+1 Competition Orange FTMFW!! :headbang:

l.jpg

Yes yes. To the dark side. And Iove that body style. Sick ride man

And your still going to put cobra excessaries on it?!?!

Get a dang cobra! Or at least throw the mark engine In it.

And do something the hp quick! A guy I work with has a eclipse with 280 don't let people like him get a run on you !

Congrats on the Mustang but mustanggirls.com doesn't work :(. I was really hoping for some pictures :D

Also I have some nice drag radials mounted on the same style wheels that you have if your ever interested.

Members online

No members online now.
Back