bought a new ride.

BAD97LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
this will be my new long term commuter and toy. i have wanted a mustang for a long time and finally said :q:q:q:q it. i bought it tonight. i'll post more pics this weekend this is just one from the lot it was at. its a 99 GT 5 speed 127k loaded up tan leather interior 100 % unmolested bone stock. runs and drives awesome, nice and tight and very snappy with that stick shift! i havent owned a stick shift since my last mustang, back in 1998, it was an 85 GT. this is a totally different world from an 85!
this will be a car i keep a progress thread on, i just filed my taxes today so there will be alot of changes to this car in a short amount of time. and go ahead tell me everyone has a mustang i could give a :q:q:q:q less, now i have one too.

22250373776.306953996.IM1.07.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

22250373770.306953996.IM1.03.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

If its a 99 and its stock then a tune and h-pipe and catback will blow your mind. Car will pick up over 50 hp. 99s had issues in their exhaust and also the real earlyones had computer issues. It was soon found out the cars didnt make the claimed 260hp and ford issued TSBs on the cars to correct the issues but many slipped through without the updates.

I like it!
You should remount that rear wing further back, it looks awesome with that type of wing, plus the old mounting holes will be covered by the wings base.

Last edited:
my buddy ron knows these cars like i know marks. he told me the same thing tonight, he said for cheap quick power and more fun he said do the exhaust, a short throw shifter and gears and a tune and he said i'll have a little rocket. he has an 04 mach one. i am not gonna do alot to it as far as getting it to race car status, i do not want that at all, but i am having the exhaust done, and i will be ordering a shifter for it because i cant stand the 3 footer thats in there now, wheels, tint, stereo and thats pretty much it for now. i will be keeping this one for a long time so no need to rush into things! it is a fun car to drive though, i made the guy at the dealership nervous he said take a left up here and you can open it up a little, well obviously his deffinition of open it up was different from mine because he grabbed the door panel and said jesus christ!!!! i said what? dont worry i am buying it so settle down lol. when we pulled back in to the lot he looked at me as i got out and said " that was awesome " i wont tell the boss we did that on a dealer tag. lmfao sweeeeeeet!!

and i myself love them wingless so that may be in the plans too. i like them so much better with no wing.

my buddy ron knows these cars like i know marks. he told me the same thing tonight, he said for cheap quick power and more fun he said do the exhaust, a short throw shifter and gears and a tune and he said i'll have a little rocket. he has an 04 mach one. i am not gonna do alot to it as far as getting it to race car status, i do not want that at all, but i am having the exhaust done, and i will be ordering a shifter for it because i cant stand the 3 footer thats in there now, wheels, tint, stereo and thats pretty much it for now. i will be keeping this one for a long time so no need to rush into things! it is a fun car to drive though, i made the guy at the dealership nervous he said take a left up here and you can open it up a little, well obviously his deffinition of open it up was different from mine because he grabbed the door panel and said jesus christ!!!! i said what? dont worry i am buying it so settle down lol. when we pulled back in to the lot he looked at me as i got out and said " that was awesome " i wont tell the boss we did that on a dealer tag. lmfao sweeeeeeet!!
Please please please listen to me on this and you will thank me. Get an MGW shifter. It is simply the best shifter you can get. I have had them all and played with them on dozens of Mustangs. The MGW is so smooth and positive its rediculous. Plus its design allows the shifter handle to be brought to you for perfect feel.
You play with a MGW and compare it to anything else and you will see. Its like pulling the bolt back on a perfectly made and modded Remington 700 compared to cocking a $75 12 gauge from Walmart.

My gf is from Germany and she said she's taken a couple cars for test spins on the autobahn as fast as it would go and the dealer salesman didn't act like it was anything special! lol

Must be nice!

Please please please listen to me on this and you will thank me. Get an MGW shifter. It is simply the best shifter you can get. I have had them all and played with them on dozens of Mustangs. The MGW is so smooth and positive its rediculous. Plus its design allows the shifter handle to be brought to you for perfect feel.
You play with a MGW and compare it to anything else and you will see. Its like pulling the bolt back on a perfectly made and modded Remington 700 compared to cocking a $75 12 gauge from Walmart.

+1 on what this guy says. MGW's are simply the friggin shiz

MGW Orange is what I have. slides right into 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th like butter. Dual Disc didn`t hurt either. lol

Sweet! I like it! But I am partial!!!

4.10's, exhaust, tune, shifter, Mach 1 grille delete, 1" lowering springs, window tint, remove spoiler and some sweet wheels and it will look nasty!

put a bbk intake with a header back exhaust and x pipe close to tranny. and mac mufflers :q:q:q:q will sound amazing. and dont forget to put a chip in her

That is a really nice mustang. I did the same thing test driving a 05 frontier 6 speed when they first came out with the new engines. Those trucks have some balls... anyway back to the topic at hand, Congratulations on the purchase Jamie, it is one Sweet looking ride.

Wow, what a rare car. I always knew that you were a little girl inside

nice! looks clean for a black GT in florida with 127K miles..rims would be the first to go for sure..i always liked the look of black 17x8 and 17x10 bullitts on these stangs with it slightly lowered..i think it would look killer with the rest of the car

oh and i agree with the others on ditching the spoiler! just do it the right way and fill the holes and paint it, those plugs look retarded.

That thing needs '03/'04 headlights... the smoked ones look soo much better... and an '04 GT hood.... lol the list is endless (As you know Jamie!)

nice! looks clean for a black GT in florida with 127K miles..rims would be the first to go for sure..i always liked the look of black 17x8 and 17x10 bullitts on these stangs with it slightly lowered..i think it would look killer with the rest of the car

oh and i agree with the others on ditching the spoiler! just do it the right way and fill the holes and paint it, those plugs look retarded.

You basically described my '94 GT... but its black w/ gray bullitts, 10.5s in the rear

Members online

No members online now.
Back