Boc Hard 1 2 shift

joeynat

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Another member had this problem I cant find the thread...

Had a new 1 2 accumulator piston put in..
Purchased BOC chip from lonnie he told me choose shifts "firmer than stock"

Now Im shifting harder from 1st to 2nd than with the broken accumulator piston.

Quite frankly its becoming annoying even under light acceleration my heads jerking back.

Am I doing damage to the transmission ?

Sound like they left the spring out. I did that to one of mine years ago. I liked it but not my wife. It was a little annoying at low throttle and in the rain. If thats the reason it won't hurt it, I had one start shifting hard because the origanal piston was going bad. thats not good so it depends on why it is doing it.

Couple things...
Did you do the accumulator repair before the chip, or both at the same time? I had a jmod done on my car that I really liked, but I think the SCT chip bumped the line pressure up even more. It made the shifts borderline obnoxious, but I dont mind it...

the spring was done weeks before the chip and it shifted very smoothly it was only after the chip the shifts were harder

Well, take the chip back out for now. Im sure they probably bumped the line pressure up too much. You may need to get the chip reburned.

lol my trans is j-modded and the line pressure is sky high you would not like my 1st to 2nd shift mine nearly chirps 2nd if i leave a red light at an idle lmfao my wife absolutely hates my car!

Everything comes down to premature damage to the tranny. If its ok ill deal with it, i like churping second at wot. Couldn't do it without the chip.

Everything comes down to premature damage to the tranny. If its ok ill deal with it, i like churping second at wot. Couldn't do it without the chip.

Excessive line pressure will put more wear on the pump.

I have a tune from Lonnie and while the car will chirp the tires at half throttle. It's actually a little much for me just tootling around under part throttle. It's not in the tune it's no 1-2 spring and valve body mods. Stock line pressure.

i also have a tune from BOC, with a pretty stiff 1-2 shift. i emailed him about it and he said that the line pressure in his tune is actually less than stock. so any extra shift firmness is in the jmod or lack of springs on the hardware end.

Thats crap ...she was shifting smooth before the chip and all i did was replace a piston and 2 springs. No drilling the seperator plate. i notice 3 to 4 a bit rough too. Im pulling the chip tomorrow.

If you select "firmer than stock " how is that achieved by less line pressure ?

I've always been told to do mods in the transmission itself first before messing with the trans tune paramters fwiw...

Possible, there's a lot more to shifts than most people think.

Before I bought my X3 from Lonnie, I asked him about the shifts. He sad he removes the torque limiting stuff at shifts in the tune (mild NA) and even with tunes that don't raise the line pressure, the shifts are improved.

My car has a nice J mod, and he said that when filling out the form for the tune, to leave the shifts at stock. With the X3 I can increase the pressure at shifts if I want anyway, but I don't think I need to, as it shifts great the way it is, hard at WOT, and just right with regular driving.

You can see from my logging below, the WOT shift to 2nd (rpm yellow peak) spins the tires (the speed and rpm trace jump up a bit) and I don't think I need the shift any harder. I will try it eventually though.:D

logging.jpg

with my sniper programmer i can adjust allthat as well,but i left all the timing and a/f ratios alone, but changed the 1-2 to race and all the rest to firm. at wot the 1-2 drops into second and i can chirp with stock rear. its normal under any other driving condition as wellas the other shifts but you can notice there is a noticable difference when it drops into the next gear. im not going to do the jmod unless theres a need to get into the tranny

Members online

Back