BlackVue Install; Tinted Tails; Vinyl Progress - Photos

I like these tails a lot better!

It looks good how it is, I don't think blacked out will look good.

If I fly you up to the Mitten for a weekend, wanna help me finish my wrap!?

Thanks Rod, I think these tails match the vinyl a lot better. Photos make the film darker than it is in-person.

I am not getting rid of the wing, I kind of messed up my paint when I removed it, and need the wing to help cover up the imperfection(s)! lol

Soopa, how is the progress coming man? Let's see some pics! I can't even find your thread it has been so long!

Couple shots today while I upload demo video of the BlackVue

p1160023h.jpg

p1160022z.jpg

I got smoked by a deer the other day so she is in the shop getting fixed up.... so I have 0 progress lol

That looks crisp. Window is still inted right?

Yea still tinted.

I am using a new video editing software and still haven't gotten the perfect quality/size for youtube uploads. So it may have lost a bit of quality - though it is still not as good as what was originally advertised and what can be seen in overseas videos of the 'same camera'.

Wow... that is crisp and very clear. Sigh... now I want one..

How would the picture look were the unit mounted behind the upper tint strip?

I love the matte finish of your car! If i ever get around to wanting a matte finish i think i just might dip the entire car. Props to you for actually wrapping it yourself though :p

Very nicely done over all car looks amazing either way matte or black....why didn't you install the 3 pc wing?

Dash cam is clean...I thought i saw a zombie walking on the right at 1:07 :shifty:

cool vid, need to get me one of these.

and youuu luckyyyy lol i got hit for tints on friday, $54 :(

at least he gave me a pass on not having a front plate, i guess my BS about it being a new/ not factory bumper, and not knowing the law required it, worked :D...thats actually why i want one of these, you guys would have lol'd at me playing innocent.

Drizz,, I'd have to say that encounter was A-LOT nicer than some I have had! I spit out my coffee when he said you looked all tan! I wonder if you were dressed provocatively? If that would have happened to me it would have been hillarious as I talk to my self all the time, I'm sure I would forget about the cam and say some wacky stuff!

Have you had any trouble with your cam? I was reading online that there was a knock off version selling on e-bay that was less than dependable. One way the site was advising if it was a knock off was if the instructions came in a pdf file instead of a owners manual. I thought I had read that your instructions came as a pdf. Did you have any trouble with formating your sim card?

Good handling of the cop. I definitely agree that you should never give out any more information to them then they can get from the ID and such (the only things your actually required to give them by law), but sometimes its worth it as you just showed.

Yeah, I definitely want one of those cameras now sigh lol. I promised my girlfriend I would take a two month break after the springs though (I'm at like half a month maybe) :(

Drizz,, I'd have to say that encounter was A-LOT nicer than some I have had! I spit out my coffee when he said you looked all tan! I wonder if you were dressed provocatively? If that would have happened to me it would have been hillarious as I talk to my self all the time, I'm sure I would forget about the cam and say some wacky stuff!

Have you had any trouble with your cam? I was reading online that there was a knock off version selling on e-bay that was less than dependable. One way the site was advising if it was a knock off was if the instructions came in a pdf file instead of a owners manual. I thought I had read that your instructions came as a pdf. Did you have any trouble with formating your sim card?

I have been lucky, my camera has not had any issues.

The only one I had, was self-inflicted - since my camera is hard-wired it turns on whenever the key is at least to ACC. And when I was working on my brakes I had put the key in a few times to move the car quickly and if you don't let the camera boot all the way up - it will corrupt the recording data and will stop recording until you reformat.

So anytime I turn the camera on (put key in to ACC) - I let it sit until the camera is fully booted and recording until I turn it off.

It is 105+F here daily at the moment and I was sure I would have heat problems, but I have not. Works great! And I am glad to finally get the editing software I am using to export in the correct format for youtube.

Good handling of the cop. I definitely agree that you should never give out any more information to them then they can get from the ID and such (the only things your actually required to give them by law), but sometimes its worth it as you just showed.

Yeah, I definitely want one of those cameras now sigh lol. I promised my girlfriend I would take a two month break after the springs though (I'm at like half a month maybe)

Thanks, and yes I am a strong believer in protecting your constitutional rights - especially when speaking to a public servant.

The camera is a total relief, gives you peace of mind knowing that you have video and audio evidence with you at all times. Taking just your word against another person's in court is extremely unreliable.

What kinda personal information?

You silly head, why would I tell you what was muted?

Nice. Why do you sound scared :p

I bought mine form the same people drizz did. I think it did come with a manual but in korean. You just have to download the manual in english from their website.

Members online

No members online now.
Back