BlackVue Install; Tinted Tails; Vinyl Progress - Photos

Andrizzle

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Thought I would post an update on my LS. Vinyl project is still underway (taking forever). I still have to wrap the spoiler and put it on, also I am in need of touching up a few areas.

First off we have the BlackVue 'dashcam'. This little guy is pretty neat, it auto records everything outside my windshield including audio, speed, location, and time. I will get some videos up in the near future showing the quality of the video(s).

I hardwired it into the car just like everything else, it comes with a plug in to the accessory port - but that is trashy.

Also I hooked into one of my headunit's video inputs so I can actually stream the camera. No real point to this, other than aiming and making sure it is focused (camera is light sensitive). Also, just as a cool factor & a 'might as well' factor.

photo1fzk.jpg

sideu.jpg

beloww.jpg

outsideig.jpg

headunitfull.jpg

headunite.jpg

Next we have the tinted taillights, as you may recall, my previous lights were painted on the red section to match the paint. I ran those with my non-LED tails and it ended up melting in the summer. These are the original tails with a film over them. The quality is definitely not as nice as paint - but it gets the job done and does so non-permanently. Also I kind of like the smoked look rather than the blacked out red that I had before.

Tell me what you guys think?

p1160014n.jpg

p1160016.jpg

Here is a few garbage shots of the car in low light conditions, still using my pink Panasonic point and shoot! :D

p1160015j.jpg

p1160020.jpg

BlackVue DR400G HD Dashcam Demo in Lincoln LS - YouTube

Just plain sick bro.......what made you decide on the camera?

I like it without the spoiler, looks more clean.......

Car looks good. Not so sure about the tailights. I guess because I see so many Cavaliers and Fast and Furious tuners with them smoked. I think the car stands out enough without them blacked out.

That car is SICK, i love it man. I have always loved matte black espeacially on cars but yours just smokes the hell outta them other ones.

That red thing again!!!

Car looks great
LMFAO, I was thinking the samething. I think driz has the hots for that Suzuki. Looking great driz. Like the camera idea, how much you get it for and from where.

Looks great. I like how you have left the pillars in their gloss black. I think having them matte would break up the window section and not look as smooth as it does right now.

sick car man. i think the tails look perfect! blacked out gets kinda played, but your smoked tails match your car perfectly IMO

I'll just do my SAE warning then leave this alone. Nice work BTW.

One of my employees tinted the rear tails on his / his wife's Mustang. One morning I was following him to work and I had a hard time seeing the brake lights when he was pulling into our shop. I mentioned it to Andy as we were going in the building but he was not concerned and liked the look.

About a month later as I was getting on the northbound GSP I noticed an accident in the southbound lanes in the middle of a traffic backup. It looked like Andy's Mustang.

Next morning found out that was his wife driving the car and the pickup following the car ran into it with the driver telling the police he couldn't tell the car was stopping due to the low light level. She got a ticket for that and suffered neck issues for the next years. It's kind of a good thing to make sure the drivers behind you know you're stopping.

You can debate the legality, but this is more about the safety.

Off soapbox.

Nice look for the tails Driz. I had mine blacked out for the longest time. When I got ahold of T-Money's with the smoked tint on them, I'm never blacking them out again. It's enough to take out the intensity of the red and the white of the lense.

What film did you use? Lamin-X?

Wow, just checked the price on the dash cam, was not expecting it to be so cheap!

Nothing short of extraordinary. Those tails look even better with the vinyl IMO.

Thanks guys, the camera is for general security and kind of there as a witness. If I had one of these in my wreck a couple years back it would have saved me a ticket and insurance reputation. It is pretty neat, also. lol

The tails show up darker on camera than they are in person, but I hear what you're saying about being able to see the brakelights. My previous tails were wayyyy dark. Zero red came through them unless I was on the brake and it was pretty dim.

I used Oracal 8300 vinyl on the lights - stuff isn't too bad looking, but nothing compares to cleanliness of paint.

I am mixed on the tails, not sure if I should cut the signal out, or something else.

Thanks for the compliments on the wrap guys, it was a lot of work and overtime my opinion on wrapping a car yourself is starting to change. It is really dependent on the type of car you are wrapping, the LS is not in the easy category! You guys make it worth it when people comment on it.

Also blackout trial is still coming, going to see what it's like with mclaren, black lower grill trim, and black wheels.

Black tails are dangerous, smoked tails, such as these in the pics, are not bad.

I'm generally not a fan, but in your case I think blacked-out (Plasti-Dip?) wheels would look very good. You would have a totally stealthy look!

The car looks great. If you want to go too far and mess the look up, definitely start screwing around with the wheels. They would look terrible black.

It's perfect right now.

Wow thats sick! both the camera and the car.

I personally like this look for your tails better. Although in general I would prefer a much, much lighter tint.

Looks better without the spoiler and debaged, the tails look good with the vinyl..
I don't know what you could possibly do to make your car look any better..

Swag on a trilli :cool:

Looking awesome man. Those rims are are sweet. Definitely like the cam be hard wired in. Where did ya run the wires to to hook it up?

What's that button in-between the two dome lights for?

Sweet ride.

Not really much else i would do it personally besides getting drilled and slotted rotors and the calipers powdercoated.

Everything looks great.

The camera fits good, nice and hidden.How did you wire it? Do you have parking mode on at all times?

I definitely like the smoked tails with the flat black wrap. Your old ones looked like they might be darker than the rest of the car.

I'm still amazed at how good the wrap turned out!

Members online

Back