Almost bought a 96 LSC

98LSC32V

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/3425803464.html

Exterior was super clean but the car had a bunch of the usual Mark VIII issues. Broken passenger side door handle, fuel button missing, ASC sunroof doesn't work. The air ride was perfect though. I drove it and the car was studdering under acceleration, guy says it's the fuel pump or mass air meter. I checked codes and there was nothing. Had to pass...

fuel pump, or mas air meter....or plugs?
I wonder what he'd take for it, always interesting to see how motivated the seller is

Does look nice... maybe just needs a touch of TLC.
Don't you hear it calling to you? It wants you. :lol:

Why do dealers put those ugly pinstripes on the sides all the time, they look terrible

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/3425803464.html

Exterior was super clean but the car had a bunch of the usual Mark VIII issues. Broken passenger side door handle, fuel button missing, ASC sunroof doesn't work. The air ride was perfect though. I drove it and the car was studdering under acceleration, guy says it's the fuel pump or mass air meter. I checked codes and there was nothing. Had to pass...

Car looks clean. First time I see a stealership sell a Lincoln at a "reasonable" price.

I'd say offer 2k flat. You can't go wrong. It's a '96 LSC.

Yea, that car is hard to pass up... It is hard to fix an ugly body, it is easy to fix the mechanical. I would bet money on bad plug wires.

I'm passing it up. Don't have time to mess with fixing it. Looking at a 2000 Prelude instead.

Nice car, but no way in hell would I give them $2988 for it. Prolly $1200, with the high mileage and issues.

You really shouldn't have mentioned "Honda" on LVC.

You do realize that the Mark VIII is not the end all be all of automotive engineering right. A Gen 5 Prelude has many advantages over it, and has come down in price recently to be almost in the same price point as a Mark VIII.

You do realize that the Mark VIII is not the end all be all of automotive engineering right. A Gen 5 Prelude has many advantages over it, and has come down in price recently to be almost in the same price point as a Mark VIII.

world.jpg

Preaching to the wrong choir. "We don't like them kind 'round here!"
:D

driveamark.jpg

Plug wires....

Mine would stutter, miss, etc with wires that were only a couple years old. I bought a set of Motorcraft wires from Rock Auto and it runs like a champ.

world.jpg

Preaching to the wrong choir. "We don't like them kind 'round here!"
:D

driveamark.jpg

:lol:

Thanks! I needed a laugh also!! lmao...

I had a Prelude a while back that I drove while tricking out my 92 Tbird LX. The Prelude was actually a really good car and got great mileage and even though it wasn't a speed demon, it sure as hell was not a slow car either! It was definitely quicker than my 92 Tbird before the modding was done with it. A dip**** in a Mercedes made a left turn in front of me while I was in Hollywood and leaving an IT service call, and I got turned into a Honda sandwich with that car though.

For a 2nd (or 3rd) car, it is one of the first "Honda" cars I would pick.

:lol:

Thanks! I needed a laugh also!! lmao...

I had a Prelude a while back that I drove while tricking out my 92 Tbird LX. The Prelude was actually a really good car and got great mileage and even though it wasn't a speed demon, it sure as hell was not a slow car either! It was definitely quicker than my 92 Tbird before the modding was done with it. A dip**** in a Mercedes made a left turn in front of me while I was in Hollywood and leaving an IT service call, and I got turned into a Honda sandwich with that car though.

For a 2nd (or 3rd) car, it is one of the first "Honda" cars I would pick.

I never said they were bad. 19 years ago when I was 15 that was the car I wanted to own. If that would've happened I more than likely wouldn't be on this forum & instead would be posting away on some Honda forum. Thankfully I ended up with an '88 T-Bird. It's all linked to the current cars I own.

My sister is a diehard Honda fan. Her first car was a 96 T-Bird LX that I bought for her. She sold the car 3 years later, bought a 2001 2dr Accord. She's now on her 3rd 2dr Accord. She beats the crap out of her imports but they are indeed great cars. I STILL RATHER DRIVE MY MARK THOUGH!!! :D

About 5 or 6 years ago, I had a '94 Accord with a H22A (basically, 2.2 DOHC VTEC Prelude engine) swap. It was the JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) version of the engine, which was supposed to be a little "hotter" than the U.S. export engines, plus it had flat-top pistons, stage II cams, full 3" exhaust (single), and LSD trans-axle. I'd never really been into the whole Japanese import car scene until I helped my buddy build that car, but it grew on me, and when he ran out of money to build it, I bought it from him. I had it for about a year, then sold it to another friend of mine. It was a fun car and I became a fan of the H22 engine, but even with the mods it had, it still wasn't quite as fast as my basically stock Mark VIII (but alot if it had to do with being in a heavy 4-door Accord, and being an automatic instead of a 5-speed). My friend I sold it to put a 5-speed in it, but he cheaped out and cut corners more than he should have and ended up making the car slower than it was when it was an auto. He ended up tearing up the engine street racing one night, and eventually parted the car out.

My son has one. He has had it for about 5 years now and it is a very nice car. He paid quite a bit but it was almost perfect when he bought it. Took me several minutes to find the one tiny ding on the bottom of drivers door and the bottom was clean as one of DLF's cars. He is a bit jealous of my Mark VIII but he loves his Prelude.
It has the fancy active differential stuff, a Japanese car I believe, and it is impressive if you hammer it through the corner but still not quite a nice a feel as the RWD in my Lincoln.

My Mark is probably a bit quicker but there is not much in it.

Staff online

Members online

Back