All I want for my birthday is

KingJacobo

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
A lift.

Went to a shop a friend works at and put the mark VIII on a lift and mother of god it was GLORIOUS to work on. If I make enough money when I get outta college I have gotta get myself one. Once repairs are done, I'd set up a TV and lounge chair right under it (assuming no leaks :p) and just hang out under there.

The only thing is now that I have to go back to jack and jack stands I will forever think of that time it was on a lift and so easy to access everything.

What's on your birthday car wish list?

A big booty hoe?

Lol..but in all seriousness, I want an exhaust system, brakes, upper control arms, end links and plugs and wires..but I just want to snap my fingers and have it done.

A big booty hoe?

Lol..but in all seriousness, I want an exhaust system, brakes, upper control arms, end links and plugs and wires..but I just want to snap my fingers and have it done.

Come visit me.. I'll let ya hang out under there with me

I want better lifts, a 4 post would be awesome... and a shop that doesn't have a leaky roof-not located in a corn field

I'll take a leaky roof in a cornfield over 2 Mark VIII's on my back porch any day. A beautiful, high-quality paint job is my miracle birthday wish. :cool:

Come visit me.. I'll let ya hang out under there with me

I want better lifts, a 4 post would be awesome... and a shop that doesn't have a leaky roof-not located in a corn field

Lol if only Texas were a bit closer, I don't have a problem working on my own car, but lately I've been working alot, barely have any free time..I'm lucky I can wash my car and do basic maintenance on it when were slow at work..otherwise I don't know what I'd do.

It's not that much to get into a decent lift.

I've got 1100 in the Manitowoc 9,000 lb lift in the shop. Then 400 for the single phase 240V motor.

A lift.

Went to a shop a friend works at and put the mark VIII on a lift and mother of god it was GLORIOUS to work on. If I make enough money when I get outta college I have gotta get myself one. Once repairs are done, I'd set up a TV and lounge chair right under it (assuming no leaks :p) and just hang out under there.

The only thing is now that I have to go back to jack and jack stands I will forever think of that time it was on a lift and so easy to access everything.

What's on your birthday car wish list?
Having a lift does make it nice working on a lincoln.I have one in the basement of my shop and keep the mark viii stored there in winter.

my dad got a lift put in his garage when he retired 8 years ago, so he could change the oil in his '66 stingray...the lift has never been used and the vette's hood supports cardboard boxes...maybe I'll get one or the other when he kicks it

no disrespect intended..he lives about 400 miles away, otherwise I'd be showing pics of my Mark on the lift; we talk several times a week; he grew up building cars outside Charlotte, NC back in the 40s and 50s, then became an aero engineer at NASA from 1961 to 2005. The last project he worked on before retiring was a hydrogen burning experiemntal plane- scram jet... Hyper X43...it flew for about 13 seconds, clocked in at about Mach 9.6 or 7,000 mph before crashing into the pacific
---
bad to the bone, NASA spex
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/news/FactSheets/FS-040-DFRC.html
---
he knows both me and my brother would like to have his vintage stingray, he also knows we all kick it one day

My Grandpa used to work for NASA as well. He retired sometime around 2000. I remember him showing me a video (on VHS, lol) of the X43. Some pretty cool stuff. He worked at the Plum Brook station of the Glenn Research Center in Ohio. They are home to the world's largest vacuum chamber. I've actually been inside of it. It's been used to test countless different rockets and stuff like that in near-space conditions. I remember seeing the platform that they used to simulate the surface of Mars to test the landing system for the Mars rovers.

The interior of it was recently featured in the Avengers as the building they were using to contain the "Tesseract" at the beginning of the movie. I was sitting in the theater watching the movie, and when they got to that scene, I was like, "I've been there!" Lol.

Members online

No members online now.
Back