Air Ride

ssmoparviii

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I know there has been millions of posts about air ride. A friend of my and I are going back and forth on where the system vents the air from. Is it A: the air solenoids at the bags or B: at the compressor?

Sweet I will show him this tomorrow!!! Thank you all now I will get a 6 pack of Genius and a 6 Pack of Bass!!!

Both actually.... Venting opens the bag solenoids and the vent solenoid...

The air exits at the compressor.

well obviously we know that, the question that was really asked though is where does the air vent from, that would be the compressor, thats where it exits the system!

funny-gif-whee.gif

well obviously we know that, the question that was really asked though is where does the air vent from, that would be the compressor, thats where it exits the system!

Thats what we were discussing was where it exits the system... I said compressor and he said at the bags.

Ask him what happens when the vent solenoid sticks open on the compressor, why are the bags not holding air.

Or why one side of the car vents and the other side does not. I know my compressor is bad and told him that the vent solenoid on the compressor is most likely bad also. He swears up and down that the solenoids on the bags are bad since he believes that it vents at the bags.

Although it is "possible" a single solenoid go bad, it is HIGHLY unlikely more than one go bad at the same time.

Although it is "possible" a single solenoid go bad, it is HIGHLY unlikely more than one go bad at the same time.

So Im going in the right direction that the vent solenoid on the compressor is most likely going bad when then car only vents and fills up on one side and not the other?

So Im going in the right direction that the vent solenoid on the compressor is most likely going bad when then car only vents and fills up on one side and not the other?

Lets clarify...."one side" or "one end"? The front seems to vent, but not the rear?

It just boils down to a crappie compressor... I went to turn the system back on today and the compressor turned on and the front bags deflated only to air back up when once the compressor cool off. When it aired up it was level again. But you are right with the right side.

i just picked up a 98 mark viii for dirt cheap and the suspension was all air out. i drove it home and started to try to figure out where the problem was. the compressor is coming on, i can hear the vlaves on the rear suspension opening when it first comes and and then close before the compressor shuts off and i get the 'check suspension light'. so i assumed the rear air bags were the culpret, i jacked up the the rear of the car to trick the sensors into thinking the rear the suspension is where it should be to see if the fronts would air up. cycled the key a few times to restart the compressor, no dice. so i go to lower back down the rear and when i drop the jack.... THE REAR SUSPENSION STAYS UP!!! could this just be the faulty valve on the compressor you guys are talking about?? i was sure the rear air bags were bad, but obviously not. what should i check next??

i just picked up a 98 mark viii for dirt cheap and the suspension was all air out. i drove it home and started to try to figure out where the problem was. the compressor is coming on, i can hear the vlaves on the rear suspension opening when it first comes and and then close before the compressor shuts off and i get the 'check suspension light'. so i assumed the rear air bags were the culpret, i jacked up the the rear of the car to trick the sensors into thinking the rear the suspension is where it should be to see if the fronts would air up. cycled the key a few times to restart the compressor, no dice. so i go to lower back down the rear and when i drop the jack.... THE REAR SUSPENSION STAYS UP!!! could this just be the faulty valve on the compressor you guys are talking about?? i was sure the rear air bags were bad, but obviously not. what should i check next??

It could still be the airbags, what happens is over time the bags develop cracks where the bags fold over themselves, when you jacked up the rear, you took the pressure off the bags allowing them to inflate, once inflated they may hold air for awhile because you have changed the position of the fold and likely the cracks sealed against themselves, but will likely bleed back down and then you'll be right back where you started. If it aired up then I doubt your issue is the vent solenoid on the compressor, but it still could be part of the problem as well. I'd say it's more than likely just leaky bags, it happens with all air suspensions over time.

i guess you were right. woke up this morning and the rear was sitting on the ground again. think i'll just replace all of them and start from there. thanks..

so i assumed the rear air bags were the culpret, i jacked up the the rear of the car to trick the sensors into thinking the rear the suspension is where it should be to see if the fronts would air up.

FYI the system will air up the front bags first, and when those are up it will switch to the rear

FYI the system will air up the front bags first, and when those are up it will switch to the rear

really. i didnt know that. i've owned a dozen or so mark vii's and they are the complete opposite. the always air up the rears first and then the fronts. do these mark viii's have a bypass air nipple to manually air up the suspension with an external air compressor like the old mark vii's did? this one's tucked in pretty tight inside the fender and being slammed to ground doesnt make it any easier to access or see if it has one or not.

Its funny.. my car doesnt leak any air at all.... UNLESS its parked and off... and I push on the trunk... then it expells all its air =/ Im waiting for the day some :q:q:q:qer leans on my car and it happens so I can come back to my lowrider meng.

cypress-hill-lowrider.jpg

really. i didnt know that. i've owned a dozen or so mark vii's and they are the complete opposite. the always air up the rears first and then the fronts.
the 7 and the 8 are two totally different animals, NOTHING is the same except for they have 2 doors and its a mark# and its made by lincoln
do these mark viii's have a bypass air nipple to manually air up the suspension with an external air compressor like the old mark vii's did? this one's tucked in pretty tight inside the fender and being slammed to ground doesnt make it any easier to access or see if it has one or not.[/QUOTE]

nope not on a stock system

Members online

No members online now.
Back