'99 Lincoln Continental Refurbishment

Lincoln Continental

1. Svets96

Svets96 Well-Known LVC Member

Thank you, I'll keep this new product in mind. A lot of others stated they had good luck with the solar panel maintainer.

2. Svets96

I've noticed on Youtube there are really no videos for Continentals, only Town Car, LS, MKZ, and Navigator. I wish I had the time and camera to document and post videos up. So I had got in contact with 1A Auto they have many car repair videos. I requested videos for 1995-2002 Continentals, so check their channel for updates. If I find them recorded I will post them here in my thread.

3. Svets96

For awhile I have been looking at getting new wheels. I thought about reconditioning my factory wheels, and or chrome dipping them to look like the '02 Collectors Edition style wheels. I've looked at getting complete new ones through Action crash wheels but they have some what a low quantity. So.........I need everyone's opinion on this....I'm thinking of buying (or eventually buying, saving up for now) Dayton Wire wheels. I am looking at their direct bolt on cross lace wheels, and direct bolt on cross well lace wheels in Chrome. I looked at other after market wheel manufacturers and could not find a good looking set in our 5 x 4.25 bolt pattern 108mm. A lot of them just looked bad.

I even looked at and talked with American racing wheels to see if I can get a set of Torq Thrust II's custom drilled for this model. They could not do it. You would think they would, it would be expensive but would be really bada$$!! Told me we do not have a specific set for your model of car. There goes that idea. Then that's when I started to look at the old school Dayton Wires that can be produced for our cars.

What do you think of this plan?? :)

4. Svets96

5. FlaOkie

FlaOkie New LVC Member

I’ll decide what to do with wheels on my ’02 when it’s time for new tires.
    Most likely I will just get them refinished, as they are not too bad, and I like how they look.
    As for your wire wheels - I like chrome – the more the better, so my choice would be the second wheel.

6. Svets96

Cool, I like the second choice in chrome nickel plated too.