98 lsc perl jax progress thread

lsc 98 f100

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ok had her for bout a year now and i am starting to do all of the small things to her. blend door my dad and i did in an after noon... 93 drive shaft installed.... sea foamed it... replaced both front hubs.... i have bought 2 sets of tires for her one set only lasted 5000 miles(i kinda feel bad).... gathering parts to make the front end new... i changed the air pump with my dad all the bags where changed just before i got her.. recently she had a bad solenoid and sat on the ground ... is is so cool to watch her lower after i park i never got to see this because the pump was clogged... getting a track lock for the rear found one on e bay and going to rebuild it :D (going to use the one wheel method i read on LVC ) after that i will get the 3erd cat removed and replace with duel x pipe.... then maybe a under drive pulley kit after i way the pros and cons i just installed the power point in the center console and love it!!!! THATS MY PLAN GUNNA TRY TO STAY WITH IT WISH ME LUCK AND ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED
Also my neighbor has a 93 lsc that had sat for 5+ years and my dad and i got it back on the road (fuel pump plugs wires water pump hoses sending unit ) my neighbor is about 76 years old (has bin fighting colin cancer for the last 12 years) and the smile on his face was priceless when he got to drive her agin.... the only bad thing is he is giving it to his 16 year old grand son :confused:

pics

pics

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

ok on my 98 4th gear is out.... running in 3rd..... got my track lock gunna rebuild it today :).... also going to change the radiator and install a trans cooler... so exited about this car i love it.... hope i can get the $$$$ for the radiator and the rebuild kit in the trany....and get all that dun in a weekend

That's a great looking mark. I'm counting the days till I can own one. Till then I am forced to live vicariously through all of y'all.

Nice car. Almost looks Ivory to me though.

I rebuilt my trans at the dealer with the help of the trans guy and I was still a little overwhelmed. You need a bunch of special tools to separate and test pistons and whatnot. Also, you need micrometers to set clutch pack thicknesses. I have a picture of mine apart, it definately is a job left to someone with experience. A rebuild kit is not one size fits all, it is more in depth than building an engine, imo.

your 4th gear is most likely not out, most likely it will not engage in 3rd or 4th, does it seem to go into neutral???

If its doing what my trans did, which is no o/d, the same clutch pack is also activenin second gear. Put the shifter it manual 2 and drive it up to like 35mph and take your foot off the accelerator, if you have no trans braking, you have the same issue I had. It was the O/d pack, dont remember though. But the two issues are directly related.

i had it were when in drive when you drive up to about 35 let off the gass, get back on it after it has time to shift, then it felt like it was in nuetral and you could rev it up

it is not engaging into 4th.... i do not think it is electrical do i need to try 2nd at 35 and c if my rpms stay up is that what the 4th band also is used for? but i got all of my rebuild for bout $400...

buddy you are going to need some help to do this, i hope you arent expecting to rebuild a trans by yourself, seeing how you don't kknow how to drop it, start by dropping the gas tank, then undo the drivveshaft

Members online

No members online now.
Back