3:73 gears, shift kit, tune, and posi system.

JHEARD

LVC Member
Reaction score
is it a night and day difference? im trying to find out what the experience will be like, and is that goin to be enough just to wax a couple of cars on the street for fun.

I think its a night and day difference, but others may disagree. I dont regret doing mine one bit.

i'm happy with mine, i'll see what kind of numbers i can make in march when i enter the true street event in bradenton.

Its a time tested great combo on performance cars I know. I want to get that done to my Mark also. I think it would make the Mark one heck of a sleeper

I did just that. Jmod instead of a shift kit, love my 3:73s. Exhaust is a nice add too.

a jmod is a seperator plate in the trans with certain holes drilled larger for more line pressure, basically a shift kit you can do yourself and it saves the trans life.

a jmod is a seperator plate in the trans with certain holes drilled larger for more line pressure, basically a shift kit you can do yourself and it saves the trans life.

its sweet. i love what it did for my car.

I don't know about night/day difference, but a tune/gears/sk will wake the car up nicely and make it much more fun to drive, especially with gears like 4.10-4.30's. I miss my 4.30's etc :( lol...

Don't forget about getting a one piece drive shaft when you move to the taller gears.

Or you can be lucky like us with our 93's and have one already. :cool:

I put a 93 drive shaft in my car when I did the gears. I am vibration free till I get to triple digits then it starts shaking. One day I will get the one piece drive shaft Reinhart offers or maybe I should look into getting this shaft balanced, anyone have an opinion?

Get your 93 into the Drive shaft shop and get new trunnion bearings (HD Components) and caps along with a straightening and re-balance, should save you a few dollars.

Members online

No members online now.
Back