2013 Taurus SHO

If I remember correctly, there were mods like bigger injectors, fuel pump, etc... kinda reminded me of the old 5.0 days using some of the same tricks. I know his big tach was right up there near 9000 though.

the 9000 rpm i believe. the 340 i do not. 275 NA on an early SHO is hard achieve. 340 is possible with forced induction, or a big ass nitrous kit. but without that kind of assistance, 340 ain't happening.

also. that kinda power starts breaking the MTX. so you have to be real careful with third.

SHO Source Turbo V6 SHO Dyno - YouTube

I know that engine could be built to produce 800 hp with enough money. Never say never. Just look at the video I put in here. That is normally aspirated.

I know that engine could be built to produce 800 hp with enough money. Never say never. Just look at the video I put in here. That is normally aspirated.

i know what the sho engine is capable of, and i'm saying i can't see 340 hp without boost.

that would be so custom it wouldn't be the yamaha engine it once was.
besides, the sho has forged internals and a strong iron block already. putting in stronger parts won't make it more powerful.
the heads flow pretty well stock, and there are headers available already. a good port and polish and a good intake, and the intake side isn't a restriction. imrc delete, kills your bottom end, but frees up some more power.
add in some cams, bigger fuel injectors, heavily modify the fuel rail because the injectors are a non-standard size, and get a bigger fuel pump and fuel lines.
many cars are built like this and only see 240-270hp.
you can start boring the 3.0 out some. 3.2 safely on some blocks, 3.3 on others, and i've even heard of 3.6 on a very custom set up. but you still don't have that much displacement. and that 3.6 engine is race only, a hill climb car.

Ishodu with a high comp 3.2 with custom cams and lots of fun stuff still only makes 256whp. that's 312 or so at the engine.
engineshotdriverside.jpg

i read alot about the sho engines and haven't seen anyone prove much above 250hp at the wheels.

small displacement f1 cars make the power they do because of 18,000 rpm engines. you can't do that with a street car. no way. so no, you can't just build it to f1 specs.

You know, I am very surprised that this thread has gone on this long. I am seeing a common theme with it. We all wish the manufacturers would've made the car bigger/better/faster. We all want the ultimate 800hp monster, but, we all know it's not practical. For the most of us, it's only a pipe dream. At 46, I've owned quite a few cars. Mostly Fords, my first ever vehicle was a 1987 Mercury Lynx. I immediately upgraded the appearance with wide rims (195/50/15) on Enkei wheels. I never had a problem with that car. On to first gen Taurus and Sables. I fell in love with the 89 SHO, but couldn't afford it. I finally bought a 95 SHO, in 2003, but is was so full of problems, I wasn't at my restore stage that I am now. I care about style, and dependability. So, I am due a new car, and I am going to try my best to make sure a 2013 SHO is in my stable for Christmas.

Apparently they are. I have seen several marked and unmarked '12 Charger Staties and town cop cars in my area recently. Police departments are most likely going to go with RWD cars as long as they're still available. They're easier/cheaper to maintain, better handling, and more reliable. Plus the Charger has more interior space than a Vic. I hate driving our '09 Impala at work. It's a decent ride but it torque steers like a sonofabitch and the front end sounds/feels like it's gonna fall apart at any minute. It's a joy when I get to drive the Vicky. I love those cars. But apparently so does everybody else cuz it's always signed out when I need it:(

Yeah well an 09 impala is nothing compared to an SHO. I've driven one also and yes they outright blow. drive the car and then make opinions.

Have you watched the videos ??? Just the standard Taurus V6 (non turbo) out performs the Charger. Then you can add SHO and AWD.

I clicked the link and it just took me to the Ford website. No videos. I'll think about watching them (if I can find them that is). But it still won't matter. The Tar-Ass is nothing but sideways engined wrong-wheel-drive junk to me. I don't care how good it supposedly is. If the engine is sideways driving the wrong wheels, it holds absolutely no interest for me whatsoever.

I will never test drive one because I don't need to drive it to know it has a sideways engine driving the wrong wheels.

I will never buy one because it has a sideways engine driving the wrong wheels (and I can't afford it:D)

I will never disgrace my driveway with a wrong-wheel-drive vehicle of any shape or form.

I have never, nor will I ever own a wrong-wheel-drive car.

That's just the way I feel about it. If it ain't REAR-WHEEL-DRIVE or rear-biased AWD, it ain't for me. It's as simple as that. And no amount of "convincing" will ever change my mind.

I clicked the link and it just took me to the Ford website. No videos. I'll think about watching them (if I can find them that is). But it still won't matter. The Tar-Ass is nothing but sideways engined wrong-wheel-drive junk to me. I don't care how good it supposedly is. If the engine is sideways driving the wrong wheels, it holds absolutely no interest for me whatsoever.

I will never test drive one because I don't need to drive it to know it has a sideways engine driving the wrong wheels.

I will never buy one because it has a sideways engine driving the wrong wheels (and I can't afford it:D)

I will never disgrace my driveway with a wrong-wheel-drive vehicle of any shape or form.

I have never, nor will I ever own a wrong-wheel-drive car.

That's just the way I feel about it. If it ain't REAR-WHEEL-DRIVE or rear-biased AWD, it ain't for me. It's as simple as that. And no amount of "convincing" will ever change my mind.

True dat, only fwd vehicle I've owned was a 1995 pullied Mazda millennia s, it's miller time!!! Miss that car so much :(

It handles its own against the G37 which is a very sporty and high performing platform if you know anything about Nissan.

It's in the top 10 for current production American performance cars which includes the new 'vette and Shelby GT 500 'stang. Not bad for a 6 cylinder and for the money, it's the best in class IMHO.

Oh, BTW you can upscale going to the 2013 MKS. ;)

It's in the top 10 for current production American performance cars which includes the new 'vette and Shelby GT 500 'stang. Not bad for a 6 cylinder and for the money, it's the best in class IMHO.

Oh, BTW you can upscale going to the 2013 MKS. ;)

i'll take either one! but i cant afford it,so i'll wait for a good used one down the road.

The more i look at this car the more i like it:

2m50x2v.jpg

SHO-time? Ford Taurus SHO vs. 2009 Infiniti G37 @ the Track - YouTube

It handles its own against the G37 which is a very sporty and high performing platform if you know anything about Nissan.

Wow!. The AWD SHO kicked the RWD Infiniti's a$$...oh...wait...no it didn't! The Infiniti beat the SHO in every single category. It was .2 sec. faster to 60, .4 sec and 2.3mph faster in the 1/4, pulled .07g higher lateral accelleration, stopped 17 feet shorter from 60:eek:, and went 3.5mph faster through the slalom:eek::D. Amazing. Just goes to "sho" that the SHO's front-biased, nose heavy AWD drivetrain ain't that great if it can be outhandled by a RWD car. I'll still take RWD or rear-biased AWD any day of the week.

(Disclaimer: I don't have sound on my work computer, so I didn't hear any commentary, just saw the numbers)

Wow!. The AWD SHO kicked the RWD Infiniti's a$$...oh...wait...no it didn't! The Infiniti beat the SHO in every single category. It was .2 sec. faster to 60, .4 sec and 2.3mph faster in the 1/4, pulled .07g higher lateral accelleration, stopped 17 feet shorter from 60:eek:, and went 3.5mph faster through the slalom:eek::D. Amazing. Just goes to "sho" that the SHO's front-biased, nose heavy AWD drivetrain ain't that great if it can be outhandled by a RWD car. I'll still take RWD or rear-biased AWD any day of the week.

(Disclaimer: I don't have sound on my work computer, so I didn't hear any commentary, just saw the numbers)

I never said it beat it. The haterade is strong with you indeed.

I said the SHO did very well compared to it. You do understand the weight difference between the cars right?? SHO comes in at 4400 pounds without driver.

G37 is barely at 3700 pounds. SHO is a four door sedan, G37 is only a coupe.

Members online

No members online now.
Back