2013 Taurus SHO

I never said it beat it. The haterade is strong with you indeed.

I know. But it still got pretty much trounced. And yes, I hate wrong-wheel-drive:D

I said the SHO did very well compared to it. You do understand the weight difference between the cars right?? SHO comes in at 4400 pounds without driver.

Yep. It's a big, fat, tall, stubby, bloated boat of a car. ;)

G37 is barely at 3700 pounds. SHO is a four door sedan, G37 is only a coupe.

Actually, the G37 in the video is the 4-soor sedan.

That would be sweeeeeet!

Then the 300 and Charger would have some competition.

Bah fvck that, now you're really talking about disappointment. Those new Chargers are fvcking turds just like they were back when they came out of the closet before in 2004 or whatever year it was that they resurrected those disappointments of a car. Even the State Troopers detested them. They ride like a brick. Better have some Preparation H handy. LOL

Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to ride in or drive a new Charger. However, I have ridden in a Magnum. And I liked it a lot. The ride was firm yet comfortable (thanks to the Mercedes E-Class suspension). It was extremely fast (the one I rode in was an '05 Magnum R/T with the 5.7L Hemi). I liked the interior design and layout as well. It's too bad they don't make the Magnum anymore. That car was nice. Aside from the Caddy CTS-V Sport Wagon or an Audi Allroad it's the only wagon I'd really LOVE to own. Anyway, one of these days, I plan to take a Charger and/or a 300 for a test drive. Apparently, there must be some redeeming factors to the "turds" since just about every single State Trooper car I have seen in the past couple of years has been a Charger. And the new '13 Chargers are seriously awesome looking cars. They're sleeker and have more of the '68-'69 Charger DNA than the first generation. And they look real good with black/silver Trooper paint. And I see Chargers and 300's literally all over the place. They're everywhere. It's like everybody and their brother's dog owns either a 300 or a Charger. I can't go a block down the street without seeing one. And if the Chrysler LX cars are such turds, why have they been in production and selling quite well for almost a decade with no signs of slowing down? They're good cars. They're RWD and built on a proven Mercedes chassis. As long as they keep the RWD/AWD/V-8 formula, I don't see the LX cars production slowing down any time soon.

LOL the new 300's are not a turd in anyway.

They dont handle as well as the LS but they carry themselves well for being such large and wide vehicles. I have only driven a V6 300 of the previous gen and it just lacks power but rides well.

LOL the new 300's are not a turd in anyway.

They dont handle as well as the LS but they carry themselves well for being such large and wide vehicles. I have only driven a V6 300 of the previous gen and it just lacks power but rides well.

I totally agree. Personally, I've never met a Chrysler 300 I didn't like. Those cars are just plain bad-a$$ in the purest sense of the word. And the new ones...oh man they are sooooooooooo cool if you get too close you'll get frostbite:D I love the LED tail lights and Audi-inspired LED driving lights around the projector headlights. I also like the Cadillac-inspired profile as well. The car "borrows" from a couple of different makes but still manages to be its own car. The Rear-Drive proportions and short front/rear overhang dramatically enhance the car's good looks. Some day I shall own one. Preferably the SRT-8. Just as soon as I win the lottery.

I totally agree. Personally, I've never met a Chrysler 300 I didn't like. Those cars are just plain bad-a$$ in the purest sense of the word. And the new ones...oh man they are sooooooooooo cool if you get too close you'll get frostbite:D I love the LED tail lights and Audi-inspired LED driving lights around the projector headlights. I also like the Cadillac-inspired profile as well. The car "borrows" from a couple of different makes but still manages to be its own car. The Rear-Drive proportions and short front/rear overhang dramatically enhance the car's good looks. Some day I shall own one. Preferably the SRT-8. Just as soon as I win the lottery.

Im not a big fan of the older ones but theyre ok. Big roomy, rwd and large engines.

The new LX cars are hot. And i am by no mean a chrysler or mopar guy at all. The new 300 is pretty damn sexy. Charger too.

Anyways looks like the SHO is getting a brother for 2013 with the same drivetrain:

16by0c4.jpg

The SHO is too heavy! That slalom really sucked! Didn't the original do better than that? I want to see the passing performance numbers.

The Taurus is a BIG car. It's tall, wide, and long. But the tallness makes it look dumpy. I parked beside one the other day and it looked almost a foot taller than my Mark. That's freakin unbelievable! I don't understand the industry's obsession today with unreasonably high beltlines and tall rooflines on cars. My mom's '08 Mustang is a good example. The windowsill is so high that I can't hang my arm out the window comfortably. And it feels extremely small and cramped inside. I've heard the same thing about the Taurus. A car that HUGE shouldn't feel cramped.

Just playin' around:

Moved the front wheels forward a little to increase the space between the front wheel openings and the front edge of the door. Chopped the body so the car isn't so "stubby" looking. Reduced the front overhang to give the car more RWD proportions.

2012 SHO Mod.JPG

I think it looks sleeker and much more attractive this way. But that's my opinion. Now if Ford would just turn the engine 90 degrees and put the tranny behind it sending most of the power to the rear, all would be good with the world:)

2012 SHO Mod.JPG

In 73 ,I had a 1970 Eldorado,silver with a black vinyl roof and interior. It had a 500 cu. in engine, frt wheel drive, N S engine and to see that 4900 lb car spin the frt tires was something else. It had a 24 gal tank and I filled it every other day. I was in outside sales.

Anyone interested in a coil,cover and capacitor from a 94 SHO? I RAN ACROSS mine in my storage building i'm emptying out. Worked fine when it was removed from my blown engine.

Wow. It's back:eek: I thought this thread was dead...:rolleyes:

Anyway, more playin' around:

Lowered it to make it even sleeker looking after the proportions were adjusted to make it look RWD:

2012 SHO Mod.JPG

I think the more I mess with it, the better it looks. But that's just my opinion. :D

Compare:

2012SHO small.JPG Tall and dumpy...:p

2012 SHO Mod small.JPG Sleek and lovely...:D

2012 SHO Mod.JPG

2012SHO small.JPG

2012 SHO Mod small.JPG

This is the thread that never ends
Yes it goes on and on my friends
People started posting in it not knowing what it was
And they'll continue posting in it forever just because

This is the thread that....................................

I would delete if I could.. Thought it got bumped to the top of the forum, but I guess it was just in my search browser, sorry..

Yes, Ford did sell a rear-wheel drive, longitudinally-mounted sedan with tons of power at one time, even when the Ford Taurus SHO was being produced. The Shelby Ford SVT P V12 was Ford's flagship RWD sports sedan between 2003 and 2013. 500 hp and 850 lb-ft. 0-60 mph in 4.7 seconds. SO I'M TIRED OF PEOPLE WHO CAN'T READ!!!!!!

Last edited:
a quick google search brought up a deleted Wiki article, dead links, and a few deleted videos.

got any more proof?

Yes, Ford did sell a rear-wheel drive, longitudinally-mounted sedan with tons of power at one time, even when the Ford Taurus SHO was being produced. The Shelby Ford SVT P V12 was Ford's flagship RWD sports sedan between 2003 and 2013. 500 hp and 850 lb-ft. 0-60 mph in 4.7 seconds. SO I'M TIRED OF PEOPLE WHO CAN'T READ!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't help it. This is total BS. There is no such thing. Ford may have made a V-12 prototype, but there's no evidence of it that I can find. And Ford certainly didn't produce this car or anything like it for mass consumption. The only real RWD V-8 powered performance sedan Ford has built in decades is the Falcon from Australia. And it is soon to be defunct...:(

Members online

No members online now.
Back