2007 Jaguar STR Brakes Confirmed

Thanks...my pedal is pretty good... better than it was before I did the switch. The trick now is finding the logo plate for the rear brakes. Part number is C2P12429.

Also, I found in the Jag manual where is shows how to remove and install the front logo spring plate as to not screw up the paint. I’ll try and post the pictures...

3 . Apply protective tape to the caliper.
4 .
CAUTION: Removal of the clips is a delicate procedure, damage will occur if any force is used.
Apply heatshrink or protective tape to the end of the screw-driver.

5 .
CAUTION: Removal of the clips is a delicate procedure, damage will occur if any force is used.
Remove the anti-rattle spring.
Lever the anti-rattle spring in the center of the spring until either side is released.
CAUTION: Do not allow the brake caliper to hang on the

I got my rear logo plates from a guy on ebay that was making them. It was a lot cheaper than getting them from Jaguar but the seller doesn't show any more available.

Multiple layers of tape works pretty well. I had a couple areas that need touched up afterwards but it works.

ZuqhIYRQa63PEUHVqp29D-jmRIzmJaCyGwvjRWWHA6uAVHujpyuvh8B1Z5fYbhdIRrP9yrC76hwmKOdzpA=w1292-h970-no.jpg

I got my rear logo plates from a guy on ebay that was making them. It was a lot cheaper than getting them from Jaguar but the seller doesn't show any more available.
View attachment 828573368
It looks like you had to drill holes for the screws for the rear logo plates, correct? I didn't see any holes in your pictures when the calipers were yellow.

where can you go to get the front and rear logo plates at? I am seeing the calipers on rockauto but without the logo plates

The front logo plates come with brake hardware kits. They are blank and unpainted.

117.20014_Angle__ra_p.jpg

The rear will be more difficult. I found a guy on ebay that was making them but it doesn't appear as he is anymore. Your best bet would be to find a used set of calipers that has the rear plates.

Heck if I would have know this I would have went with the jag STR set-up instead of doing the Wilwoods. I have no regrets now, but the hours and hours it took to fabricate the brackets and figure out the rotor hat size then drill to fit them on the LS I bet took over 50 hrs. If you want bigger price and to be able to complete it in an afternoon do it. You won't have any regrets. Money well spent! Here is a couple pics of mine

View attachment 828466046

View attachment 828466047

View attachment 828466048
man I wish I had been on this site earlier. any more pics or info on this mod? ive been wanting to do this. I am going to be doing a set on my 64 falcon and making a dual caliper setup on my 94 mustang

Members online

No members online now.
Back