2001 Lincoln LS8 in Virginia (757)

I been wastin away here...sick for past 9 days. Missed 5 days of work so far with this flu that attacks bronchial and lungs. Living on soup,antibiotics,Vitamins and supplements like CLEAR LUNG.
Have a bunch of maintenance and working on other peoples' cars I would have gotten done but for this.
Just watched Denzel Washington in that movie,UNSTOPPABLE.LOL! don-ohio :)^)

Probably from breathing antifreeze fumes caused by leaving the degas cap loose.

Probably from breathing antifreeze fumes caused by leaving the degas cap loose.

Then, how come I haven't been sick for the past 2 weeks?

I'm just saying.

If you're going to poke holes in his boat, make sure there aren't others in it with him.

Thanks,KidL...... he's just tryin to stir up stuff anyway he can.LOL! You know,I have NEVER smelled antifreeze in that situation because it doesn't boil off with 60/40 EVER! don-ohio :)^)

Then, how come I haven't been sick for the past 2 weeks?

I'm just saying.

If you're going to poke holes in his boat, make sure there aren't others in it with him.

Telco, I breathe a LOT of antifreeze at work.You wouldn't believe it. The N2 generating system smells just like glycol,and you can SEE the smoky steam flying thru the air.
Then there's the glycol leaks I clean up every once in a while. Propylene Glycol 50%. I'm sure I get a dose every day,but at 64 yrs. old and nearing retirement, I'm not too upset with it. don-ohio :)^)

Ok, so what the entire **** is going on here???

My gas mileage is trash.

5bb589cd64630881de74a67641eb27b3.jpg

_-_ IG: KID_LYRICS _-_

Looks like maybe the same thing that happened to my Aerostar Eddie digital dash one time.Apparently the fuel gauge had been stuck and all of a sudden the miles remaining dropped really fast. When it said 0 miles,I just made it to a gas station.
OR maybe battery voltage is low? They say on here it is critical to have a well-charged battery in good condition or things go haywire. don-ohio :)^)

Overcharged? Why? Should read about 14 to 15 volts when running. At rest, the battery ought to have at least 12.5 volts. don-ohio :)^)

Overcharged? Why? Should read about 14 to 15 volts when running. At rest, the battery ought to have at least 12.5 volts. don-ohio :)^)
Well that wad when the battery was brand new. .. I had it tested right after install

How long ago was that? Might need to make sure.A momentary weakness in the battery might mess with your electronics. They say it's critical here. don-ohio :)^)

crazy good ≠ overcharging.
overcharging = bad
However, it takes a higher voltage to charge a battery. Your "12v' battery should read 12-12.5ish with the car off and the alternator should be over 14 when running

I think one time I saw a loose battery connection caused your symptoms. The gauge sweep indicates the cluster just received power after being disconnected. If the voltage drops low enough, it counts as disconnecting

Welp... this morning...at 04:47am

15b77566793c23a1f21d0c84f88b8fd9.jpg

eafb91530da2183623401846baff133d.jpg

Just my fawking luck... leaving for work this morning. .. guess it's safe to say I didn't get there...

At 07:47am .. I thought of something smart...after being arrested and handcuffed by the cops for breaking into my own car after reports from someone driving by. With proof from the DMV might I add...

Aanndd a little thinking and common sense.

Plastic on metal.. no

Plastic on metal covered with rubber.. yes

ed33399f1793469834f18097a4f2f623.jpg
4d442b72c9f04a23257d207aecb0dcc1.jpg

and that right there is why I wont own a ford with out a key pad on the door!

then again, being able to unlock my car from my cell phone is also very helpful.

since it was as you were leaving for work, I take it you don't have a second key? I would make sure to get one as soon as possible, even if you don't program it to start the car (which is kinda silly not too) at least then it can be used to unlock the door/trunk in just such a case.

and that right there is why I wont own a ford with out a key pad on the door!

then again, being able to unlock my car from my cell phone is also very helpful.

since it was as you were leaving for work, I take it you don't have a second key? I would make sure to get one as soon as possible, even if you don't program it to start the car (which is kinda silly not too) at least then it can be used to unlock the door/trunk in just such a case.

Funny enough, i had just put my key in my bag that I was moving to a location..and put that bag in the car last night....

Here's what I do,KidL

Take the expensive key and have a copy made,just a regular key. My wallet has a coin compartment,so I just stick it in there. IT will open the door and trunk.
If you don't have the money to get an extra fancy electronic GIZMO key right now,just do that.
If you don't have a coin storage in your wallet,do what my Dad(called the absent-minded professor by many) used to do and I do it too: Remove whichever screw on the license plate, put the key behind the plate and run the screw thru it to tighten the plate. The key is always there so you can get into the car. Sometimes you need to drill the key head a little larger for the screw to fit thru it. don-ohio :)^)

Funny enough, i had just put my key in my bag that I was moving to a location..and put that bag in the car last night....

Take the expensive key and have a copy made,just a regular key. My wallet has a coin compartment,so I just stick it in there. IT will open the door and trunk.
If you don't have the money to get an extra fancy electronic GIZMO key right now,just do that.
If you don't have a coin storage in your wallet,do what my Dad(called the absent-minded professor by many) used to do and I do it too: Remove whichever screw on the license plate, put the key behind the plate and run the screw thru it to tighten the plate. The key is always there so you can get into the car. Sometimes you need to drill the key head a little larger for the screw to fit thru it. don-ohio :)^)
Wow..... that's creative..that's last bit there..

My Dad was a truly smart fellow. He just had so much on the brain,I think, that he got that nickname from the faculty and students. don-ohio :)^)

I'd find a cozy spot in the frame under the car with something removable by hand rather than behind a place. At least, that's what I did. The chin spoiler also makes for a nice spot once parked, though that spot is retired now. I also carry a "utility" keychain at all times with those $2 basic keys for both my cars. I'm eventually going to buy one of those stick-on keypads (works like a fob, just with a code and sticks to your car) and stick it under the wiper or something. My Taurus has the keypad and I use it every workday

2016-04-13 21.15.42.jpg

I've gotten transponder eBay keys and had them cut for "free" at the hardware store after buying and cutting a basic key with some polite smooth talking. About 75% success rate. One kid told me he wouldn't even cut me a basic key because the wrong key could set off my alarm...

2016-04-13 21.15.42.jpg

One kid told me he wouldn't even cut me a basic key because the wrong key could set off my alarm...

with new ford cars that use 80 bit keys, the alarm needs to see the ignition turned on AND sees the correct transponder to shut off the alarm, but still using the key in the door cylinder should still disarm the alarm... regardless this is of no concern fro an LS that uses the 40 bit keys. the transponder does not need to be programmed to disarm the alarm, a correctly cut key in the drivers door cylinder with disarm the factory alarm.

I've used them on the Mustang and the 04 LS with no problems getting in the door. don-ohio :)^)

I've not locked a key inside a car since 1992. The reason is ever since that time, I've never locked a door without having the key to that door in my hand.

For that matter, I don't go through a locking door without having the key to that door in my hand. Keeps me from locking myself out of the house.

Something to think about getting in the habit of.

I've not locked a key inside a car since 1992. The reason is ever since that time, I've never locked a door without having the key to that door in my hand.

For that matter, I don't go through a locking door without having the key to that door in my hand. Keeps me from locking myself out of the house.

Something to think about getting in the habit of.

There is some sequence of events which can lead to the car locking itself after you get out with the car running. Judging by Kid's picture showing the radio and AC are on, I'm guessing that's what happened, as opposed to intentionally locking the car. After 3 years at a dealership and getting into the habit of opening a window before closing a running car (though never actually seeing a car lock itself), it finally paid off about a year after getting my LS. I was shuffling cars on my driveway, stopped the LS in the street, and after I got out and closed the door, it locked itself. My best guess is that it was the autolock when the car is in drive and you let off the brake. I probably rode the brake the whole way and let off as I stepped out.

Just another reason to have a cheap chipless key with you...

I use it to run the car sometimes when I want to leave it running while unattended. You can trick PATS by holding your chip key to the ignition while turning the chipless key. The car runs but you can lock it with the fob. And if someone is ballsy enough to smash your window and run off with your car, you can find some solace in the fact they won't be able to restart the car once they turn it off. It'll give you a few giggles while you cry over the fact your car is gone and insurance won't cover your negligence. I've been thinking about a brake-interrupt circuit on the run circuit, manually engaged with a switch, controlling a normally-closed relay in the Run circuit. You hit the brake, car turns off, chipless key won't restart it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back