2001 Lincoln LS8 in Virginia (757)

It's probably BEEN in there for a long time,since before you bought it? Otherwise I wouldn't know,KidL. don-ohio :)^)

Well,you didn't do it,so some il-informed or CARELESS person probably did.
I worked with a guy,a drinker, and one day he poured radiator stop leak into his big Chevy diesel oil filler thinking it was engine oil stop leak(he told us at work what he'd done). 6000 bucks later he had his vehicle back with a new engine. don-ohio :)^)

Yeah,just shows what a little inattention to detail can bring. I did not make fun of him like most of the other guys. I knew how bad he felt.A couple years later he died in a pickup truck accident. HE was the guy that made me make the decision to get my own 2-post lift. He was generous,and he let me bring my Focus down to check my timing belt.Put it up on his lift to remove the bottom cover and pronounced it good. I knew from then on I hadda get a 2-post lift.Gettin too old to slide under em .

Yikes.... Thats....Tragic.

The lower hose from the reservoir (the only one of the two that fluid will continuously run out of) is attached to the pump, not the fan motor. Fluid flow is Reservoir - pump - fan motor - reservoir - pump - fan motor - ...
Could I just remove the actuator?
When I removed it the fluid came from there as well.... only because I don't have the clamp to reach the hose on the pump...

---------------------------------

I just made this thread topic. >>>> http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...ectric-Fan-in-1st-Gen-Cooling-system-possible

but back on topic of this currently.

--------------------------------------
In the words of

Travis2000LS:

"More symptoms include Fan just spinning slowly and never kicking up more.

*NOTE*
Water in your Hydraulic Fan Fluid can cause the Actuator to go out!
Make sure your fluid is a Dark Red Color and not a Pinkish Puke color.
(Water caused mine to go out)

If you have water in your system.
Unbolt the Hydraulic Fan Fluid Reservoir ( To the Passenger side of the engine )
Remove Both Hoses.
Spin the Fan Manually by hand and watch the old Fluid drain out. Add fluid as necessarily to the Opposite hose, continue this until you see New fluid."
----------------------------------------

Would this be what I need to do?

It seems like all I'm doing is wasting fluid as itll just leave the reservoir and hit the ground. OF course it's pushing out the other fluid, but it's not serving the pump at all.

Is that where spinning the fan comes into play? I remember spinning it while the actuator was out and it pushed out all the Yellow gooey fluid.

How would I keep the air out of the system? Do I plug the hoses, if so, with what?

You could PM Hawk.....he might answer you.Doesn't get on this forum much,at least I haven't seen him. don-ohio :)^)

Yea this 13mm is too big.. it just swivels around it...

https://vimeo.com/161977432
4be2b2906d4f4336473b768cf6654e87.jpg

2e59816cca05a6f732294fb166646356.jpg

2591a9e25e4e7ed47e1c36e71f1d2f67.jpg

The whole pump and lines are probably coated with the slime that water causes to collect on the sides of the components. don-ohio

Well,that's GREAT,KidL! I don't see a big river of coolant coming out from under the car,so you must be getting by? don-ohio :)^)

Yeah,I know.......just looking at that really fast video you posted. I hit pause several times and the Mustang and Camaro lookedALMOST as good as yours,KidL. don-ohio :)^)

Yeah,I know.......just looking at that really fast video you posted. I hit pause several times and the Mustang and Camaro lookedALMOST as good as yours,KidL. don-ohio :)^)
Haha.. that challenger and charger look good as well..

I been wastin away here...sick for past 9 days. Missed 5 days of work so far with this flu that attacks bronchial and lungs. Living on soup,antibiotics,Vitamins and supplements like CLEAR LUNG.
Have a bunch of maintenance and working on other peoples' cars I would have gotten done but for this.
Just watched Denzel Washington in that movie,UNSTOPPABLE.LOL! don-ohio :)^)

He's talking about you have your hands down there in the pic like a Major League batter at the plate.LOL! don-ohio

be careful, sitting on the hood or leaning on the fenders, those light weight aluminium panels can dent a lot easier that you would think.

Members online

Back